🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gay marriage vs. pulygamy

It also didn't used to allow for same sex either, but........
There were also laws that didn't allow mixed race marriages, marriages between jews and gentiles, marriages between royals and commoners, etc. Over the centuries we have managed to do away with these laws without moving on to allow marriages between brothers and sisters, humans and animals, and other such nonsense.

The slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy based on the assumption that each new situation will not be evaluated anew and decided on its merits .

My only major beef with polygamy is that we have no laws for it. In gay marraige, all the straight marriage rules apply. In polygamy.......we just don't have answers to the legal questions it provides, don't have the laws, don't have the case law.

Would a business then have to provide insurance for all 10 wives? Sounds pretty dumb. If you want more than one partner it isn't marriage, it's swinging. Don't get married.

Because you say so?

Sure. More than two people is not marriage. If two married people want to live with others sure. But I don't see why we would allow them all to be married and rewrite all our laws. A business shouldn't have to provide healthcare to some guys harem because he has the family plan.

Why? Because you say it is not marriage?

There were also laws that didn't allow mixed race marriages, marriages between jews and gentiles, marriages between royals and commoners, etc. Over the centuries we have managed to do away with these laws without moving on to allow marriages between brothers and sisters, humans and animals, and other such nonsense.

The slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy based on the assumption that each new situation will not be evaluated anew and decided on its merits .

My only major beef with polygamy is that we have no laws for it. In gay marraige, all the straight marriage rules apply. In polygamy.......we just don't have answers to the legal questions it provides, don't have the laws, don't have the case law.

Would a business then have to provide insurance for all 10 wives? Sounds pretty dumb. If you want more than one partner it isn't marriage, it's swinging. Don't get married.

Because you say so?

Sure. More than two people is not marriage. If two married people want to live with others sure. But I don't see why we would allow them all to be married and rewrite all our laws. A business shouldn't have to provide healthcare to some guys harem because he has the family plan.

Why? Because you say it is not marriage?

I already said yes.

Some guy with 4 wives is in the hospital in a coma. What wife makes decisions for him? Who makes all the decisions after he dies? Where they burying him? Sorry but marriage is two people. Don't want politicians wasting time sorting through this crap.

Are the remaining people still married when one dies? Sounds to me like it would just create a huge mess that doesn't need creating.

And what if there is 5 people and one wants to be divorced from one of the people but not the other 3? Do they all own the house?

Will rich guys hoard up the women so there aren't enough for other guys?

So you think most women would prefer to be one of many to a rich guy than to be the only one for someone who isn't rich?

Not a very high opinion of women.

So you think most women would prefer to be one of many to a rich guy than to be the only one for someone who isn't rich?

Not a very high opinion of women.

Was a question not a statement. Are you saying it's not possible? Remember hefner and his three girls? Hasnt this historically been a man and a bunch of women? Why would it be different. Didn't the rich and powerful have the biggest harems?

Why should the government support something that will probably throw off the man/woman ratio making potentially unhappy people who can't find a mate?

Why should the government support something that will probably throw off the man/woman ratio making potentially unhappy people who can't find a mate?

I know a number of polyamorous people. There are probably as many women with more than one man as there are the reverse. Times change.

Would there be rich men with multiple trophy wives? Sure there would. Would those women settle for poor men if polygamy is illegal? I kinda doubt it.

I know a number of polyamorous people. There are probably as many women with more than one man as there are the reverse. Times change.

Would there be rich men with multiple trophy wives? Sure there would. Would those women settle for poor men if polygamy is illegal? I kinda doubt it.

No but you'd still only have one woman per rich man. Finding a mate is important to people I see no reason to make it more difficult.

Where are you that you know all these people? I have never known anyone and I'm not that young.

Waiting on answers to all my other questions.

Wait I did know somebody who tried a polygamist relationship. 2 girls and a guy. Girls hated each other and guy went to jail. Then it broke up. Good thing they were never actually married.

I'm good with it, not seeing any reason to be against it. Those against it seem to have very weak arguments. I also think relatives should be allowed, who really cares, it's none of your business what to consenting adults do. They love each other,mother love each other.

Wait I did know somebody who tried a polygamist relationship. 2 girls and a guy. Girls hated each other and guy went to jail. Then it broke up. Good thing they were never actually married.

I'm sure the success rate would be no different than in the rest of the marriage community, 50/50.

No but you'd still only have one woman per rich man. Finding a mate is important to people I see no reason to make it more difficult.

Where are you that you know all these people? I have never known anyone and I'm not that young.

Waiting on answers to all my other questions.

I'm in Atlanta. Look for the Poly Atlanta groups and conventions.

I'm good with it, not seeing any reason to be against it. Those against it seem to have very weak arguments. I also think relatives should be allowed, who really cares, it's none of your business what to consenting adults do. They love each other,mother love each other.

If they are weak then start responding to my questions. Relatives? You like birth defects?

I'm sure the success rate would be no different than in the rest of the marriage community, 50/50.

Probably. But again how does a divorce work? Can a group of 4 kick just one out? Or does kicking one out kill the whole marriage?

If they are weak then start responding to my questions. Relatives? You like birth defects?

No offense, I usually ignore your posts. Birth defects from relatives is no higher than the general population.

Probably. But again how does a divorce work? Can a group of 4 kick just one out? Or does kicking one out kill the whole marriage?

Marriage is between two people, you can just marry multiple people. Come on, think and stop being silly.

Forum List

Back