🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gay marriage vs. pulygamy

I'm good with it, not seeing any reason to be against it. Those against it seem to have very weak arguments. I also think relatives should be allowed, who really cares, it's none of your business what to consenting adults do. They love each other,mother love each other.

If they are weak then start responding to my questions. Relatives? You like birth defects?

No offense, I usually ignore your posts. Birth defects from relatives is no higher than the general population.

No inbreeding does lead to birth defects. That's why we don't do it with animals.
Inbreeding - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Wait I did know somebody who tried a polygamist relationship. 2 girls and a guy. Girls hated each other and guy went to jail. Then it broke up. Good thing they were never actually married.

I'm sure the success rate would be no different than in the rest of the marriage community, 50/50.

Probably. But again how does a divorce work? Can a group of 4 kick just one out? Or does kicking one out kill the whole marriage?

Marriage is between two people, you can just marry multiple people. Come on, think and stop being silly.

So you are saying guy married woman A, then married woman B. But the women are not married?

Wait I did know somebody who tried a polygamist relationship. 2 girls and a guy. Girls hated each other and guy went to jail. Then it broke up. Good thing they were never actually married.

I'm sure the success rate would be no different than in the rest of the marriage community, 50/50.

Probably. But again how does a divorce work? Can a group of 4 kick just one out? Or does kicking one out kill the whole marriage?

Marriage is between two people, you can just marry multiple people. Come on, think and stop being silly.

So you are saying guy married woman A, then married woman B. But the women are not married?

If it works like the poly relationships do, it would depend on the people to decide. It could be that the man has two wives, and yet the wives are not married to each other. Or it could be that all three are joined into one unit.

Granted, the later would truly redefine marriage. But I have no real qualms about that, insofar as the gov't goes.

Yes

If it works like the poly relationships do, it would depend on the people to decide. It could be that the man has two wives, and yet the wives are not married to each other. Or it could be that all three are joined into one unit.

Granted, the later would truly redefine marriage. But I have no real qualms about that, insofar as the gov't goes.

So the man is in critical condition in a coma. What wife makes his medical decisions? Financial decisions?

Yes
So the man is in critical condition in a coma. What wife makes his medical decisions? Financial decisions?

I'm good with it, not seeing any reason to be against it. Those against it seem to have very weak arguments. I also think relatives should be allowed, who really cares, it's none of your business what to consenting adults do. They love each other,mother love each other.

If they are weak then start responding to my questions. Relatives? You like birth defects?

No offense, I usually ignore your posts. Birth defects from relatives is no higher than the general population.

No inbreeding does lead to birth defects. That's why we don't do it with animals.
Inbreeding - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

No Cookies The Advertiser

Yes
Make a living trust before you marry, make the government have you draw up a document.

Yes
Make a living trust before you marry, make the government have you draw up a document.

And who does then? One wife gets no say in what happens to her husband? One wife can use up the money doing whatever? One wife is a second clas citizen?

Are you guys lawyers? This sounds like great money making plan for lawyers.

In the future, couples (groups, or whatever) will just incorporate. That's the politically favored class after all...

The one they decided should make the decision.

Yes

And who does then? One wife gets no say in what happens to her husband? One wife can use up the money doing whatever? One wife is a second clas citizen?

No, there would always be provisions for both wives in the will. But the financial decisions would be a group decision with one having the final say.

Sounds like lots and lots of legal paperwork. Sounds like more court time. So you sign something before getting married. Then you get older and change your mind, then what?

Sounds like lots and lots of legal paperwork. Sounds like more court time. So you sign something before getting married. Then you get older and change your mind, then what?

It would be best to have a prenup, which I said at the beginning of this thread.

If you are in a standard marriage and get older and change your mind, then what?

Can employers decide to only provide insurance/benefits to one wife. Seems like loads of opportunities for abuse.

If you are in a standard marriage and get older and change your mind, then what?

You get divorced. But if you are in group marriage what if you want to be alpha wife but not divorced? Go to court? Should our courts be more busy with this kind of crap?

Can employers decide to only provide insurance/benefits to one wife. Seems like loads of opportunities for abuse.

I am sure there would need to be provisions for additional wives. But then, I doubt there would be many "harems" staying home unemployed.

Wow, looks like bigotry and prejudice trying to not allow people in love to marry.

Sad how stereotyping prevents people from seeing solutions and they only see problems.

Such minor questions.

Forum List

Back