Genital Mutilation Now a Reality in America: Coming soon to your Neighborhood

It was a way of preventing disease. If men properly bathed and washed the thing, it wouldn't be a problem. It started for sanitary reasons, to reduce infections and infant mortality.

Unless it's being done for religious reasons, and the Bible does call for it, most parents today are not getting their sons circumcised, because parents today share your belief. None of my grandsons have been circumcized, and I know because I changed all of their diapers.

I'm willing to bet if you tried to ban circumcision in the USA, both the Jews, and the right wing Christians would howl about the First Amendment and Freedom of Religion. The "Christian right" will scream "war on Christianity" at the drop of a hat. Why don't you give it a go!
I am not proposing that,nor did I state a "belief". Circumcision is,indeed, male genital mutilation, which is a fact. And since it is widespread and legal, one would have a tough time banning female genital mutilation in the same code of law.

Trust an anti-semite to claim that we have to allow female genital mutilation..which is not religious....because we allow circumcision. Way to toss the female babies out with the buckets of blood for the purpose of attacking a religious group.

It's not religious, but it is cultural, which is the same thing. Even people who read the same Bible, don't follows the same beliefs structure. What one Christian sect believes is often seen as blasphemy by another.
So we can't ban beheadings in America....cuz.....Cultural.

FGM has already been banned in the United States, asshats. It's also illegal under child endangerment laws. Additional laws isn't what is needed. Enforcement of existing laws will do the trick.

FGM is banned in only 28 states and it is federally banned for females under the age of 18, otherwise, it is legal. The federal ban in 1996 was ruled unconstitutional.

The problem here is that genital mutilation of males is widespread and perfectly legal.

It was a way of preventing disease. If men properly bathed and washed the thing, it wouldn't be a problem. It started for sanitary reasons, to reduce infections and infant mortality.

Unless it's being done for religious reasons, and the Bible does call for it, most parents today are not getting their sons circumcised, because parents today share your belief. None of my grandsons have been circumcized, and I know because I changed all of their diapers.

I'm willing to bet if you tried to ban circumcision in the USA, both the Jews, and the right wing Christians would howl about the First Amendment and Freedom of Religion. The "Christian right" will scream "war on Christianity" at the drop of a hat. Why don't you give it a go!

It is about 50% that get circumcised, and there are medical benefits. Why would you want to ban male circumcision?

The majority of Jews and Muslims get circumcised, Christians are a distant third.
Male circumcision is not even remotely related to genital mutilation....so why would anyone even start down the path of banning it to see what "Christians and Jews" would do.

If Lefty thinks Genital Mutilation is anything like Circumcision, have them ask their girlfriend or wife to undergo the procedure.... I'd like to see how they'd respond even to the request.

I think the comparison between FGM and male circumcision is an ignorant and bigoted. Males that get circumcised receive health benefits from the procedure, unlike FGM. To ban male circumcision is foolish and again bigoted.

Where is The Lying Left's OUTRAGE at Genital Mutilations being performed on women in these Muslim Enclaves in America?

You won't hear it. The Left hates women, babies and children as much as Radical Islam does.

To think that we have to start writing laws in AMERICA forbidding Genital Mutilation of little girls is disgusting, vile and putrid.

The Left brought this Evil in to this Country, and The Left should bear the responsibility for such disgusting behavior.

Minnesota lawmaker's push for tougher female genital mutilation law faces opposition

MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. – Republican state legislator Mary Franson has spent two years pushing for a new state law that would allow tougher prosecution of parents who facilitate or allow the genital mutilation of their daughters.

But Franson and supporters of those who want to punish more than just the practitioners of the horribly painful and widely condemned practice are finding opposition, both active and passive, to what its supporters believe should be a legislative no-brainer.

“The bill makes FGM (female genital mutilation) a felony, and it empowers social services to come in and take those children out of the home and remove the parental right from those parents,” Franson told Fox News in an interview. “This is completely on par with child endangerment such as criminal sexual conduct or assault with a dangerous weapon – anything that causes substantial bodily harm.”

Franson’s efforts have been far from smooth sailing. When her bill first hit the floor in 2017, it faced tough questioning from several lawmakers – among them then-state legislator and current U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar, who suggested Franson was using the bill as a bid for press attention.

"What I don't want us to do is to create laws because we want to get in the media,” Omar stated in a committee at the time. "What I would like to have been done is to have (the parents) charged with laws that already exist.”

Despite Omar's concerns, she and another 123 House members voted for the bill to pass on. Four other representatives did not. The bill fell flat in the Minnesota Senate.

Franson said Omar should have done more. “Ilhan hasn’t mentioned it at all. She never spoke about it on the House floor. She was in the back room watching it on the TV until it became time to vote, and she had to come out and vote.”

Omar’s support would have been particularly important because she represented the large Somali community where girls are at higher risk of being forced into FGM. And Franson argues it was in fact pressure from that community that kept her bill from moving forward.

Franson pointed to one case in 2017 in which two girls belonging to a small Indian Muslim sect known as the Dawoodi Bohra, according to court documents, who were taken to Michigan to have FGM performed, which Franson said motivated her to examine the issue more carefully.

“If this wasn’t happening,” Franson asked, “then why is our own health department dedicating resources to this?”

The Minnesota Department of Health offers an FGM “cutting prevention and outreach program” that offers funding for the MDH Refugee and International Health Program and the International Institute of Minnesota (IIMN) to form and co-lead a working group dedicated to prevention and community engagement on the matter.

The custom is not only carried out by trained medical practitioners in some communities; but also community elders in non-safe settings - with sharp scissors as a tool of choice.

HERE'S MY OUTRAGE. WTF!?!?

I'm with the bill maher and sam Harris types on Islam. Insitutionally, they need to evolve on a lot of issues. A good majority of individuals have already done so and morphed into more of a western sect that is more compatible. It's a similar transition that christian sects have made. A wedge needs to be driven between the followers and the older dogmatic and sometimes ruthless writings and teachings.

More Cult of Ignorance Speaks bullshit.

Actually where FGM is practiced it's the mothers who insist on it the most. That's because, (AGAIN), it's a social custom that's supposed to render the unfortunate victim "socially acceptable" within that community's values. And they are led to believe girls "need" this shit.

That's been going on for literally thousands of years and neither Islam nor Christianism nor any other religion that subsequently came along, has been able to eradicate it completely. Efforts continue, and more power to them, but this is a deeply ingrained cultural artifact, and it's not easy to reach the cultural hinterlands.
You appear far more intent on giving Islam a free pass than decrying the mutilation of girls. But you keep saying this has nothing to do with Islam is a red herring at best

That's not even an English sentence but we'll treat it as such and note that you just contradicted yourself in two sentences.

To dumb it down for the literarily dilapidated, that means that if FGM has nothing to do with Islam (or indeed with any religion whatsoever, not leaving out the simple fact that it has NO RELIGIOUS FUNCTION, then that means no religion is given a "pass" BECAUSE NO FUCKING RELIGION IS INVOLVED, shit-for-brains.

Sorry, I do not subscribe to your circular reasoning fallacies. I piss on them.

. We do not care about Henry VIII either as though he represents Christian doctrine.

You really need to go learn how the fuck to read. The reference to Henry VIII and his honor killings was a direct response to a poster who whimpered, AND I QUOTE:

Christian Europeans did this?

Fucking DUH. The thread was purportedly about BOTH "honor" killing AND FGM, Dumbass.

We care about where it is now allowed and why in the world the U.S. should bow down and allow it. Pardon our meanness.
Fuck you and your cult of ignorance that gets its bullshit called out and then goes right back to it expecting different results. What exactly in the fuck is WRONG with you? You 'care" my fucking ASS. You 'care' about scoring political 'points' on a message board, historical facts be damned.

And this is where y'all dishonest HACKS -- to wit, Cecilie1200 ... to wit, koshergrl ... to wit Bush92 ..... post BULLSHIT ass-ociations where, the moment they're called on that bullshit, run away and hide like the cowards they are.

They're still hiding too.

looks like Islam country to me.
1920px-Composite_FGM_world_map.svg.png

Of course it does, because you have the intellectual capacity of a rotting turnip. What you have there is a map of countries where FGM appears in significant numbers (and not in any numbers) including such "Islamist" countries as Uganda, Colombia, Tanzania, and India. Places where Islam, Christianism, Sikhism, Hinduism and others have made attempts to stamp out an ancient sociocultural custom that was long entrenched before ANY of those religions were ever conceived, let alone arrived there.

DUMBASS.

I'd like to apologize to turnips for the comparison above.

Last edited:
Where is The Lying Left's OUTRAGE at Genital Mutilations being performed on women in these Muslim Enclaves in America?

You won't hear it. The Left hates women, babies and children as much as Radical Islam does.

To think that we have to start writing laws in AMERICA forbidding Genital Mutilation of little girls is disgusting, vile and putrid.

The Left brought this Evil in to this Country, and The Left should bear the responsibility for such disgusting behavior.

Minnesota lawmaker's push for tougher female genital mutilation law faces opposition

MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. – Republican state legislator Mary Franson has spent two years pushing for a new state law that would allow tougher prosecution of parents who facilitate or allow the genital mutilation of their daughters.

But Franson and supporters of those who want to punish more than just the practitioners of the horribly painful and widely condemned practice are finding opposition, both active and passive, to what its supporters believe should be a legislative no-brainer.

“The bill makes FGM (female genital mutilation) a felony, and it empowers social services to come in and take those children out of the home and remove the parental right from those parents,” Franson told Fox News in an interview. “This is completely on par with child endangerment such as criminal sexual conduct or assault with a dangerous weapon – anything that causes substantial bodily harm.”

Franson’s efforts have been far from smooth sailing. When her bill first hit the floor in 2017, it faced tough questioning from several lawmakers – among them then-state legislator and current U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar, who suggested Franson was using the bill as a bid for press attention.

"What I don't want us to do is to create laws because we want to get in the media,” Omar stated in a committee at the time. "What I would like to have been done is to have (the parents) charged with laws that already exist.”

Despite Omar's concerns, she and another 123 House members voted for the bill to pass on. Four other representatives did not. The bill fell flat in the Minnesota Senate.

Franson said Omar should have done more. “Ilhan hasn’t mentioned it at all. She never spoke about it on the House floor. She was in the back room watching it on the TV until it became time to vote, and she had to come out and vote.”

Omar’s support would have been particularly important because she represented the large Somali community where girls are at higher risk of being forced into FGM. And Franson argues it was in fact pressure from that community that kept her bill from moving forward.

Franson pointed to one case in 2017 in which two girls belonging to a small Indian Muslim sect known as the Dawoodi Bohra, according to court documents, who were taken to Michigan to have FGM performed, which Franson said motivated her to examine the issue more carefully.

“If this wasn’t happening,” Franson asked, “then why is our own health department dedicating resources to this?”

The Minnesota Department of Health offers an FGM “cutting prevention and outreach program” that offers funding for the MDH Refugee and International Health Program and the International Institute of Minnesota (IIMN) to form and co-lead a working group dedicated to prevention and community engagement on the matter.

The custom is not only carried out by trained medical practitioners in some communities; but also community elders in non-safe settings - with sharp scissors as a tool of choice.

I'm with the bill maher and sam Harris types on Islam. Insitutionally, they need to evolve on a lot of issues. A good majority of individuals have already done so and morphed into more of a western sect that is more compatible. It's a similar transition that christian sects have made. A wedge needs to be driven between the followers and the older dogmatic and sometimes ruthless writings and teachings.

and there exist no such "teachings" advocating FGM. Or "honor" killings. In *ANY* religion.

I am not proposing that,nor did I state a "belief". Circumcision is,indeed, male genital mutilation, which is a fact. And since it is widespread and legal, one would have a tough time banning female genital mutilation in the same code of law.

Trust an anti-semite to claim that we have to allow female genital mutilation..which is not religious....because we allow circumcision. Way to toss the female babies out with the buckets of blood for the purpose of attacking a religious group.

It's not religious, but it is cultural, which is the same thing. Even people who read the same Bible, don't follows the same beliefs structure. What one Christian sect believes is often seen as blasphemy by another.

FGM has already been banned in the United States, asshats. It's also illegal under child endangerment laws. Additional laws isn't what is needed. Enforcement of existing laws will do the trick.

FGM is banned in only 28 states and it is federally banned for females under the age of 18, otherwise, it is legal. The federal ban in 1996 was ruled unconstitutional.
Ok, so here is a question....at some point......there is a limit to what is permissible in religion. And I am all about religious freedom but running a little girls vagina through a Ronco vegematic is not an expression of religion. So how did the F'n Supreme Court decide the ban on it was Unconstitutional? I realize the Court has leaned Left for some time, but seriously?

Ok, so here is a question....at some point......there is a limit to what is permissible in religion. And I am all about religious freedom but running a little girls vagina through a Ronco vegematic is not an expression of religion. So how did the F'n Supreme Court decide the ban on it was Unconstitutional? I realize the Court has leaned Left for some time, but seriously?

That wasn't the Supreme Court, DUMBASS, it was a federal judge, who ruled that as disgusting as FGM is, Congress didn't have the authority to make such law. He said it was "local crime" and therefore up to the states, not the fed, to regulate.

That's prolly completely over the head of a fucking moron who thinks everything is a political football. Beyond your comprehension. Yet, there it is.

Besides which we did all this three fucking months ago when you dishonest hacks tried to sell this snake oil then too.

This is a cultural view, not a religious view, Here is the story. Why the U.S. ban on female genital mutilation was ruled unconstitutional

FTA:
The judge’s ruling came after a request from Nagarwala and her co-defendants to dismiss the charges, claiming that the federal law was unconstitutional because Congress did not have the authority to pass the law. Friedman agreed.

The judge said the government did not show FGM as a commercial activity or interstate market that would be subjected to federal law, like other illegal markets. “This is not a market, but a small number of alleged victims. If there is an interstate market for FGM, why is this the first time the government has ever brought charges under this 1996 statute?”

Good read from the article you provided. From the same article: 2017 statistics.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have estimated at least 513,000 U.S. women and girls are at risk of FGM or have already been subjected to the procedure. Of those, more than 118,000 who are at risk live in the 23 U.S. states without legislation against FGM, according to the CDC. Over 10,000 at-risk girls live in Michigan alone.

Just confirms for me what a Shit Hole State Michigan is. Almost as bad as California.

And right on cue, two members of the regressive left jump in to offer their apologia.

Too bad people cannot simply react to something without putting their finger to the air to gauge the prevailing orthodoxy on the subject.

If it were up to me, I would mete out punishment by castrating the fathers of the girls immediately. That would put a stop to it in no time.

Oops, make that three members of the left.

Actually where FGM is practiced it's the mothers who insist on it the most. That's because, (AGAIN), it's a social custom that's supposed to render the unfortunate victim "socially acceptable" within that community's values. And they are led to believe girls "need" this shit.

That's been going on for literally thousands of years and neither Islam nor Christianism nor any other religion that subsequently came along, has been able to eradicate it completely. Efforts continue, and more power to them, but this is a deeply ingrained cultural artifact, and it's not easy to reach the cultural hinterlands.

300px-Campaign_road_sign_against_female_genital_mutilation_%28cropped%29_2.jpg
They would have to roll you in flour to find a wet spot in order to perform a clitorectomy.

And right on cue, two members of the regressive left jump in to offer their apologia.

Too bad people cannot simply react to something without putting their finger to the air to gauge the prevailing orthodoxy on the subject.

If it were up to me, I would mete out punishment by castrating the fathers of the girls immediately. That would put a stop to it in no time.

Oops, make that three members of the left.

300px-Campaign_road_sign_against_female_genital_mutilation_%28cropped%29_2.jpg
They would have to roll you in flour to find a wet spot in order to perform a clitorectomy.

Nope, rolling them in flour to find the wet spot doesn't always work. Why? Because it may just be sweat caught in a fat flap.

and there exist no such "teachings" advocating FGM. Or "honor" killings. In *ANY* religion.
How about circumcision? It's also mutilation and is still big in judeo christian circles.

I'm for this type of mutilation performed only on Pro-choice's advocates. But I think that they should cut out the whole womb and give it back to them, so that they can make something out of it. Like a hate for their protests.
At least it will be made out of the real material.

How about circumcision? It's also mutilation and is still big in judeo christian circles.

Male circumcision serves a health need. It's easier to keep your unit clean if the foreskin is removed, as well as being circumcised makes it harder for you to catch STDs.

Female circumcision serves no viable health reasoning, nor does it do anything to benefit the female. Male circumcision benefits the male (and keeps the females from freaking out when they see you naked).

As with FGM, "In Judeo Christian circles" is not the same thing as "of Judeo Christian origin".

>> The history of circumcision has such a strong identification with Judaism that it's easy to think the practice got its start in the Torah, but it's believed that Jews were exposed to the custom by the ancient Egyptians, who practiced it for thousands of years before the birth of Christ. Regardless of whether the Jews taught the Egyptians or the Egyptians taught the Jews, people all over the world who had no contact with either group were practicing circumcision.

Both the Mayans and the Aztecs circumcised their male children and the practice has occurred for time immemorial by the native peoples of Australia, parts of Africa, Asia and the Americas. Ancient historian Herodotus mentioned in his writings that circumcision was practiced by Colchians, an ancient people who lived in what is now modern-day Georgia [source: Tierney]. << -- How Stuff Works

So again, yet another case of "hey look, a baby! Let's cut it up" that pops up all over the world, independently, over thousands of years, strongly implying that any random group of humans plunked into a community anywhere will somehow come up with these bizarro ideas.

And again, born out of some of the same bizarro sex booga-booga reasoning:

>> As with various patent medicines and medical beliefs of the time, circumcision was seen by some as a cure for a range of ailments, from impotence to homosexuality. (ibid) <<​

(See my link in post 32 citing cases of FGM done in Europe and the US for reasons of "excessive masturbation" and basically, controlling women)

Male circumcision serves a health need. It's easier to keep your unit clean if the foreskin is removed, as well as being circumcised makes it harder for you to catch STDs.

Female circumcision serves no viable health reasoning, nor does it do anything to benefit the female. Male circumcision benefits the male (and keeps the females from freaking out when they see you naked).

I've gotta tell you something. The females may freak out when they see you naked but that's not the reason.... :scared1:

You know Pogo, I look at circumcision for males as more of a health issue than anything else. Stuff can collect and grow under the foreskin if it's not properly cleaned and taken care of. Had friends of mine over the years, and lots of them told me that being uncut was more of a hassle than anything else.

But, like I said, there are zero reasons to do it to a female. Simply wanting to do it to women because guys get it done to them makes no sense, and there are no health benefits to it.

Forum List

Back