George Santos on 'Tucker Carlson Tonight' with guest host Tulsi: 'I made a mistake', Tulsi: "do you have no shame?", Santos: "what about the Dems?"

I watched Santos twice last night....on NBC's nightly news, and on PBS.

He kept saying he 'embellished' his resume'.

Which, in my view, he was employing that word as a weasel-word.

He was using it instead of admitting he lied.

Neither interviewer on those two shows reminded him that while he was 'embellishing'......he was lying.

If this bloke will lie about that.....well, who can trust him for anything else?

The people of his district have spoken.....they believed the guy, and they voted for what they believed he stood for. So now he is elected. Elections have consequences. He is in now. The Republican leader of the House needs a Republican body....a vote.....too badly to kick him out.

But......but, Congress itself can censure the guy the first week he is seated. Send a signal to him....of course, but also to any other egregious dishonest 'embellishers'. Santos makes Congressmen --and women ---look bad. They can take some steps to clean it up.

Blumenthal was a “Vietnam era Veteran”
Which he stated as a Vietnam Veteran

Santos created a whole life and family history out of thin air
I liked the part of blumenthals biography where he wrestled with the bear and fell out of the white house window into the potomac river.

Wait a minute, where are all the USMB left wingers who constantly use the "all politicians lie" excuse when we catch their leaders lying? Is this faux rage? :auiqs.jpg:

Wait a minute, where are all the USMB left wingers who constantly use the "all politicians lie" excuse when we catch their leaders lying? Is this faux rage? :auiqs.jpg:

I was routinely told that when I would point out Trump's lies also.

Both parties will excuse the lies of their party while condemning the lies of the other. I am happy to see Tulsi is still a rare example of one who will not do that.

Compared to Sen. Blumenthal's "stolen honor" lie Santos' lies are a nothing-burger.

So what ever happened to "oppo research". Pols lie.

Its catching them that makes the system better.
Is he another one of Trump's asseaters? If so:

All GOOD!

He's a plant !
Meericanians will say...who B dat lying fucker ? Sanitorium or somethin like att !
He's from Fl...prolly a damn Qbeen kommie er somethin'

Anyone who doesn't call for Elizabeth Warren's immediate resignation needs to STFU about this.

When you excuse your guy it will only grow worse with the next. When you won't hold your guy accountable, the other side will not either.

Kerry got every thing he deserved. He didn't even throw his own medal over the White House lawn. It was all a lie that harmed many Vietnam veterans.

“We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam,” Blumenthal said to the group in March of 2008.

When you can’t see the difference between someone saying “Vietnam Veteran” instead of “Vietnam Era Veteran” vs someone who completely fabricated his life story…….There is no use talking to you

But......but, Congress itself can censure the guy the first week he is seated. Send a signal to him....of course, but also to any other egregious dishonest 'embellishers'. Santos makes Congressmen --and women ---look bad.

Republicans will never censure one of their own
Look at Trump

When you can’t see the difference between someone saying “Vietnam Veteran” instead of “Vietnam Era Veteran” vs someone who completely fabricated his life story…….There is no use talking to you

See, you can't even be honest. I posted the quote where he said he served in Vietnam. How is it you expect others to call out dishonesty when you won't even be honest yourself?

Forum List

Back