George W. Bush Bashes Obama on Middle East

I always chuckle when leftists blame Dubya for taking out Saddam when they all said it had to be done but not one of them had the stones to do it:
Democrat Quotes on Iraq Weapons of Mass Destruction

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Well said. It's all absolute truth. But Relativists are incapable of recognizing the truth. It's the same evil that precluded the Jews from resigning Christ as God incarnate.

They're evil and they act as one should reasonably expect evil to act.

Now you are saying Jews are evil?

What? You aren't aware of evil Jews?

ROFLMNAO! Based upon what? You've never heard of George Soros?

LOL! Count the Jews that voted for obama and you will find evil Jews to the last one.

Count the ones that lead Christ to Pilot through a bed of lies... And that is the same evil in those Jews.

We (those who possess the spirit of God) know they're evil by their inability to recognize the truth. You're no different. If you prefer the scientific diagnosis it's known as Relativism. In historic terms, you're just evil.

Any questions?

Weeeeeeeeee!

Oh look another far left drone makes their appearance..

Do you understand the war powers act?

So Gilligan, you begin by claiming that Bush engaged in ILLEGAL WARS!

Despite Bush never having engaged in ANY war without AT LEAST ONE CONGRESSIONAL VOTE APPROVING MILITARY ACTION and in the case of IRAQ, he had NO LESS THAN TWO CONGRESSIONAL - BI-PARTISAN - APPROVALS FOR MILITARY ACTION IN IRAQ... but when obama acts unilaterally... without ANY FORM OF CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL...

YOU WANT TO BREAK OUT
"THE WAR POWERS ACT"

ROFLMNAO!
You are truly HELPLESS
GILLIGAN!

Bush did not need a congressional vote in 2003, it is more about being symbolic that the US is for the removal of Saddam, but the 1991 and subsequent passages would have allowed Clinton (if he chose to do so) to remove Saddam without Congressional approval.

The War Powers Act is something that even Clinton has ignored in his illegal war..

Dubya's responsible for the current Mid East situation. He should have stayed holed up and quiet.
I agree that I liked his rule of staying out of the arena.
But the withdrawal that left the vacuum for Iran to fill is all on Obama

Well that was the standard for a long time, to stay out of the region. How did that work out?
Not so well
I agree

But when we were there, leading the charge, we had support.
Now that we're leading in running away nobody elae, in the free world, knows how to lead in killing the cockroaches

A bunch of out-of-context cherry picked quotes are meaningless

So where reasoning rejects the meaning of the evidence, without showing a valid contest which establishes the evidence as false, does that reasoning bring any weight against the evidence or does it serve to deflect from the weight intrinsic to the evidence?

Who would like to explain to the would-be "Contributor" why its reasoning is invalid, thus unworthy of consideration by reasonable people?

Bush did not need a congressional vote in 2003, it is more about being symbolic that the US is for the removal of Saddam, but the 1991 and subsequent passages would have allowed Clinton (if he chose to do so) to remove Saddam without Congressional approval.

The War Powers Act is something that even Clinton has ignored in his illegal war..

Very true... In short, GW went back to congress, for US... as a means to refute these idiots.

(Thanks GW... that was MIGHTY WHITE OF YA!)

But, understand, the Ideological Left governs through their Relativist Reasoning... thus 'The Law' is irrelevant... all that matters to the Leftist is THEIR NEED!

Now that we're leading in running away nobody elae, in the free world, knows how to lead in killing the cockroaches

Well, in their Defense... that requires principled fortitude and Relativism (Leftism) has no means to so much as understand what that is, let alone the means to practice it.

Dubya's responsible for the current Mid East situation. He should have stayed holed up and quiet.

Well that was the standard for a long time, to stay out of the region. How did that work out?
Not so well
I agree

The Us has been the world leader on many fronts, the problem is Obama is leading from behind and it is causing more problems.

It started with a red line in the sand.

Not so well
I agree

The Us has been the world leader on many fronts, the problem is Obama is leading from behind and it is causing more problems.

The Problem is obama is NOT WITH US.

He's leading, he's just doing so, from the perspective of our enemy.

Which is the literal definition of "Treason".

See: USC Article 3 Section 3

Do you understand the war powers act?

So Gilligan, you begin by claiming that Bush engaged in ILLEGAL WARS!

Despite Bush never having engaged in ANY war without AT LEAST ONE CONGRESSIONAL VOTE APPROVING MILITARY ACTION and in the case of IRAQ, he had NO LESS THAN TWO CONGRESSIONAL - BI-PARTISAN - APPROVALS FOR MILITARY ACTION IN IRAQ... but when obama acts unilaterally... without ANY FORM OF CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL...

YOU WANT TO BREAK OUT
"THE WAR POWERS ACT"

ROFLMNAO!
You are truly HELPLESS
GILLIGAN!

Not so well
I agree

The Problem is obama is NOT WITH US.

He's leading, he's just doing so, from the perspective of our enemy.

Which is the literal definition of "Treason".

See: USC Article 3 Section 3

Well it is either Obama, or the far left's favorite creepy uncle..

Well President Hussein was starving those children... that's a fact. What is NOT a fact is the number of children who died as a result of US Sanctions. Zero children died as a result of US Sanctions.

US Sanctions came as a result of Iraqi behavior... thus responsibility for the deaths of Iraqis as a result of US Sanctions falls purely, wholly and solely TO: THE IRAQIS.
It's not even a question. If Iraq wasn't starving people there would not have been a Food for Oil program, which was a big scam with member UN nations making back room deals for weapon sales. That's why the UN played circle jerk instead of getting serious about Saddam's wmd inspector games and rebuilding his army and palaces.

"George W. Bush Bashes Obama on Middle East"

Given the fact GWB started two failed, illegal wars in the region, he's in no position to 'bash' any president concerning the ME.

He's come down with an acute case of Cheneyism.

Be assured, the neocons will be trying to rewrite the history of Iraq from now until every one of them is dead.
Your liar in chief ended the Iraq war successfully, and I'm sure you were polishing his knob while he was taking credit. Now it's a disaster, because Obama is an idiot.

Why do you want Americans dying in Iraq in place of Iraqis?
Why are you tan idiot? I don't want Americans dying, but Obama cut and ran in Iraq. Now it's a total fuck up. All those soldiers deaths you counted daily while Bush was president died in vain, because you're liar in chief got out of Iraq with no deal. Why do you hate our soldiers?

Freaking liar. Nothing that is happening right now is the fault of BOOOOOOSH. You have ANYTHING ELSE? EVER?

Oh right. Nothing is Bush's fault.

I'm sure there is something that is "Bush's fault"... BUT NONE of the idiocy people like you claim are "Bush's faults"!
Did Bush start the Recession that started under Clinton and officially began in 3/2001?
Did Bush get the 9/11 bombers into the country but the CIA couldn't tell FBI because of the Gorelick memo that prohibited CIA from telling the FBI?
Did Bush cause the worst hurricane SEASONS in the history ?
Did Bush cause the Dot.com bust that cost $5 trillion??

Yes I'm sure Bush did somethings wrong but none of the above the major events were caused by Bush!

Forum List

Back