George Zimmerman's bloody head

Under Florida Law (See below), drawing a firearm (even without the intent to kill) can be construed as a threat rising to the level of Aggravated Assault. A felony. Under Florida Statute 776.041 Aggravated Assault negates the self defense claim.

Supporters for Zimmerman better hope there is no proof Zimmerman drew his weapon and used it to threaten Martin.

784.021 Aggravated assault.—
(1) An “aggravated assault” is an assault:
(a) With a deadly weapon without intent to kill; or
(b) With an intent to commit a felony.
(2) Whoever commits an aggravated assault shall be guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as​

784.021 - Aggravated assault. - 2011 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

>>>>

Wrong. Drawing a firearm, with no intent to use it, would be a "Pointing or Presenting a Firearm".

"Aggravated" assault means: An assault HAS occurred. The "aggravated" is just a situation that amplifies the severity.

Otherwise, a cop would be "assaulting" a person every time they drew their firearms on traffic stops, thus enabling the driver to use deadly force to resist that traffic stop: Obviously not the case.

Had Zimmerman drawn the weapon...then pistol whipped Trayvon...that would be aggravated assault.

Flashing his gun to scare Trayvon? Not assault. That would be "Pointing or Presenting a Firearm".

Learn the law first.

784.011 Assault.—
(1) An “assault” is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.
(2) Whoever commits an assault shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

784.021 Aggravated assault.—
(1) An “aggravated assault” is an assault:
(a) With a deadly weapon without intent to kill; or
(b) With an intent to commit a felony.
(2) Whoever commits an aggravated assault shall be guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Read the law yourself.

If Zimmerman pulled his weapon and used it to threaten Martin, then you have assault ("unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another") aggravated with the use of a lethal weapon ("With a deadly weapon without intent to kill") which raises the incident to Aggravated Assault which is a forcible felony. Those committing a forcible felony have their self defense claim negated under Florida Law 776.041.

Try again.

>>>>

Oh Jesus Christ. You liberals are such fucking idiots. This is like week 1 police academy shit dude.

The "verbal" assault, in all states I'm sure, refers to saying "I will kill you".
The "aggravated" attachment, in regards to the weapons part, means the WEAPON did the actual harm/assault. Simply being armed while using VERBAL words to commit the assault does not make the weapon an aggravated circumstance. That would be simple assault, plus pointing and presenting. Aggravated Assault "WITH" a deadly weapon, meaning the weapon did the harm, is different than an assault via verbal threats "while armed". Those are two VERY different legal situations.

If you had ever attened a basic police academy, or worked with city attorneys on how/why "aggravating" circumstances apply, you'd know that.

So....lets review:

A) Holding a baseball bat, and yelling at your neighbor "I'll come over there and beat your ass": Simple verbal assault.

B) Taking that baseball bat over there and cracking him in the ribs with it: Aggravated Assault.

BTW, Pointing and Presenting, in most states, is a felony and FAR more serious than a simple verbal assault. Which is why when most dirtbag thugs pull a gun on someone, they are charged with that...not assault. Althought in 99% of cases, when someone points a gun, they are robbing them or end up shooting them, so the aggravated robbery, attempted murder, etc, kicks in.

There. I'm charging tuition next time.

GRAPHIC PHOTO: George Zimmerman | www.wftv.com

This is why Zimmerman will be not guilty!!!

Ever watch UFC fights? Notice two things about them:

- It is illegal to "rabbit punch", or, hit in the back of the head. Why? Because the chance of death from it is higher. It's a violent sport, but they dont want people to die.

- When a fighter is on his back, taking repeated punches to the face, with his skull bouncing off the PADDED MAT surface, the ref stops the fight. The fight is over. Why? Death or injury would occur if it kept going.

Now...imagine instead of a trained pro fighter on a padded mat, you have an untrained citizen with his head laying on concrete, taking shots to the head. Would a UFC ref stop that fight? Instantly. Why? The guy could die....just like they stop them in UFC on a padded floor.

But there was no ref at Zimmerman vs Martin. And Martin may have kept punching until....who knows when. Does Zimmerman then have a right to do whatever is necessary to stop his skull from bouncing off that pavement? Yes.

This is a no-brainer case. Zman confronts choir boy Trayvon. Wrong? Immoral? Profiling? Sure. Maybe. Zman walks back to car. 1st encounter ends. THEN.....Travyon, his ego and pride hurt, attacks Zman. Begin 2nd encounter. The trial is about the 2nd encounter. Not the first. The ONLY crimes, texbook crimes, occurred in the 2nd incident. The "profiling" incident was not a crime. Immoral maybe. Not criminal. That incident does NOT give Trayvon a right to assault anyone. But he did. THAT assault, and Zman's defense, are the case.

Pure medical proof that the head, being pounded on a concrete surface, IS DEADLY, will break this trial. Thats why the UFC stops fights on a PADDED surface when this happens. But this was concrete, with no refs, no sportsmanship, and an absolute threat of seriously bodily injury or death to Zimmerman.

To sum it up....if a cop was on the ground, with a guy on top of him pounding his head into the concrete, would or COULD that cop be justified in shooting the guy? YES. Without doubt. ANd cops are held to a HIGHER standard than Zman will be.

NOT GUILTY verdict will rock the left and the race baiting will be epic.

Riots will erupt afterwards. Obama will cherish in the race baiting.

yawn... this is like thread #20 on this subject... the racists love it.

no worries.

A question for the OP...

If a rape victim managed to scratch the eye out of her rapist, does that make the rapist "innocent"?

Nope..if a guy manages to shoot and kill the guy who is assaulting him does that make the guy who assaulted him innocent?
Did you post that with a straight face? I know I was LMAO when I read it.

I teach my kids about "stranger danger" and how important it is to fight. Why doesn't Trayvon get to fight back against a guy stalking him?

He does, if the guy is threatening him.

Of course...Trayvon had a cell phone. He coulda called 911 and said "Hey some guy is following me please help". Instead he chose to become violent towards the neighborhood watchman.

[ All stand your ground does is give a person who acted in self defense an additional hearing before a judge to argue his case. It is not an automatic out, it just forces the state to prove someone might actually have done something before they take them to trial.

In Florida SYG means you don't have to retreat from someone trying to inflict great bodily harm, death or a forcible felony upon you or others before using lethal or other force to stop the attack. Before SYG you had to retreat or try to retreat while outside your home.
Or someone you believe is trying to do that. It also means that some murderers get away with murder.

Nope..if a guy manages to shoot and kill the guy who is assaulting him does that make the guy who assaulted him innocent?

I teach my kids about "stranger danger" and how important it is to fight. Why doesn't Trayvon get to fight back against a guy stalking him?

you would want your children to turn TOWARD the stranger who is following them and APPROACH that stranger?

Wow.

You are one fucked up mother in my eyes.

There is no EVIDENCE of what you are claiming other than the word of the guy who doesn't want to go to jail for shooting an innocent & unarmed kid.

TM...if treyvon threatened his life...
he deserved that close range shot...
regardless of superficial differentiation
if any human being threatened my life.
theyd get a blowhole at shortrange,too

:lol::cuckoo:

[ All stand your ground does is give a person who acted in self defense an additional hearing before a judge to argue his case. It is not an automatic out, it just forces the state to prove someone might actually have done something before they take them to trial.

In Florida SYG means you don't have to retreat from someone trying to inflict great bodily harm, death or a forcible felony upon you or others before using lethal or other force to stop the attack. Before SYG you had to retreat or try to retreat while outside your home.
Or someone you believe is trying to do that. It also means that some murderers get away with murder.

It also means some murderers get killed as well.
:dunno:

You know why they look for skin and hair under the fingernails of rape victims? To determine if the victim provoked the attack.

True story.

Assuming this none quoted response was to my questions.

So make the claim their is proof that Martin attacked Zimmerman, yet when asked to cite such proof you give - well - nothing.

The fact is that there is location evidence (descriptions based on phone calls, the truck, the event site), there is phone evidence (dispatcher, girlfriend, 991 calls) - but the fact is there is NO EVIDENCE that has been presented to the public at to who attacked who exactly during that critical 60 seconds (or so) between the end of the girlfriends call and the 991 time stamp of the firearm being discharged.

Your claims about Martin's (supposed) actions are just unsubstantiated bias (either for Zimmerman or against Martin) and not supported by any facts.

>>>>

Only Zimmerman & Martin were there, for some reason the State charged 2nd degree, I doubt it was on a whim.

if they had compelling evidence, they would have prewsented it at the bail hearing.

I know...I know...."they dont want to let the defense know what they have"

News flash for all of you that only know about the courts based on what you see on TV drama's....

If a DA has compelling evidence that a potential defendant has commited murder and had no concern for human life (as is a second degree murder charge)....they would lose their jobs as a DA if they did not present it in a bail hearing.

Why?

Becuase a bail hearing is used by a judge to determine if the defendant is a threat to society. Compelling evidence would show exactly that.

There is not a DA in this country that would not present it at a bail hearing.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

You, sir, know the legal system better than most.

People are gonna raise holy hell when Zimmerman makes bail, and they're gonna blame the judge and DA. If they could have done anything to prevent that, they would. They cant. They dont have it.

IMO, the ONLY reason the made this charge is to prevent race riots in Florida. They'd rather lose a case and say "we tried" than to take a stand and say "The law allows him to defend himself".

Zimmerman gets his day in court. He should be presumed innocent in regards to the justice system, and in the court of public opinion.

Only Zimmerman & Martin were there, for some reason the State charged 2nd degree, I doubt it was on a whim.

if they had compelling evidence, they would have prewsented it at the bail hearing.

News flash for all of you that only know about the courts based on what you see on TV drama's....

If a DA has compelling evidence that a potential defendant has commited murder and had no concern for human life (as is a second degree murder charge)....they would lose their jobs as a DA if they did not present it in a bail hearing.

Why?

Becuase a bail hearing is used by a judge to determine if the defendant is a threat to society. Compelling evidence would show exactly that.

People are gonna raise holy hell when Zimmerman makes bail, and they're gonna blame the judge and DA. If they could have done anything to prevent that, they would. They cant. They dont have it.

IMO, the ONLY reason the made this charge is to prevent race riots in Florida. They'd rather lose a case and say "we tried" than to take a stand and say "The law allows him to defend himself".

welcome to 9:00AM this morning.
George Zimmerman released from jail on bond in Trayvon Martin case - Crimesider - CBS News
George Zimmerman, the man accused of second-degree murder in the killing of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, was released from jail early Monday on $150,000 bail.

Why?

George Zimmerman released from jail on bond in Trayvon Martin case - Crimesider - CBS News
George Zimmerman, the man accused of second-degree murder in the killing of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, was released from jail early Monday on $150,000 bail.
I hope & pray the State has evidence to back up the charge.......................

There is no EVIDENCE of what you are claiming other than the word of the guy who doesn't want to go to jail for shooting an innocent & unarmed kid.

Cept' our system doesnt work like that.

The State has to prove Zman's story wrong.

Their lead invesigator already swore under oath once they don't have that evidence.

I hope & pray the State has evidence to back up the charge.......................

why?

Why?

:lol:

HAHA!! Oh dam, didn't know that. Been at the park with the dog all day.

Well.....guess the DA didn't have enough to show the judge to get him the massive bail. The DA can't risk a true killer on the streets. The horrible PR. How could he get such a low bail?

Easy. They aint got a case.

A question for the OP...

If a rape victim managed to scratch the eye out of her rapist, does that make the rapist "innocent"?

he was stalking the boy by his own admission

I would hardly call what Zimm was doing "stalking" And besides,that doesnt give Trayvon the right to assault Zimm.
I dont know why I even respond to you. You're so far out in left field you're in the stands.
I really cant take anything you post seriously. It's like you're trying to funny.

Forum List

Back