Georgia approves Confederate license plate,pisses NAACP off

It's about being offended.

I am offended by any organization that restricts it's membership based upon skin color.

You wouldn't be defending an All-White Frat or Sorority, so why defend an All-Black one?

How long is the line of white folks begging to join an all black Frat or Sorority?
Real world, please join us in it.

what does THAT have to do with anything? Discrimination is okay as long no one complains?

That is some bullshit, discrimination should be okay because the government is not Constitutionally empowered to stop it PERIOD

Congress in its pursuit of promoting the common welfare can make laws regarding any industry that engages in cross state trade.

The federal government can also put conditions on who it does business with.

Most of these antidiscrimination laws are also in effect at the state level as well.

My problem is with the feds regulating trade that is plainly only within a state.

State sovereignty is being dismantled brick by brick and it needs to stop.

How long is the line of white folks begging to join an all black Frat or Sorority?
Real world, please join us in it.

what does THAT have to do with anything? Discrimination is okay as long no one complains?

That is some bullshit, discrimination should be okay because the government is not Constitutionally empowered to stop it PERIOD

Congress in its pursuit of promoting the common welfare can make laws regarding any industry that engages in cross state trade.

Most of these antidiscrimination laws are also in effect at the state level as well.

My problem is with the feds regulating trade that is plainly only within a state.

I agree with all of that but where in that is the fact that in this particular case it is the vague and broad use of "religious beliefs" that is being invoked?
How does one prove that their religious beliefs are being denied?

I agree with all of that but where in that is the fact that in this particular case it is the vague and broad use of "religious beliefs" that is being invoked?
How does one prove that their religious beliefs are being denied?

If you have a long standing religion that has been defined for multiple generations, then it isn't hard to do. Just look at what is claimed and compare it to the actual doctrines and dogmas.

But a lot of these newer religions are not so easily categorized, like Wicca. Wicca practices vary quite a bit from locale to locale, and that doesn't mean they are held with any less reverence.

I read somewhere that a couple of decades back, some dudes in prison Somewhere in the USA started their own religion and one of its distinguishing features is that they celebrated the Lords Supper with steak, so they got steak every Sunday.

Seems like that could get pretty weird, but IIRC, on the other hand, some folks tried to set up an Aphrodite sect that practiced prostitution as part of its worship and the courts were not sympathetic.

Forum List

Back