Georgia State votes for Constitutional Convention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy!

www.politisite.com/2014/03/06/georgia-first-state-to-pass-convention-of-states-resolution/

Blog: First state passes Article V Convention of States resolution

Georgia House of Representatives. SR736 calls for an Article V Convention of States for the purpose of proposing amendments to the United States Constitution on the limited topics of limiting the power and jurisdiction of the federal government and establishing term limits for federal officials.

Brockway, the resolution’s primary sponsor in the Georgia House said, “I’m proud Georgia has taken the lead on the very important work of restoring our Republic. An Article V Convention of States would provide an opportunity for the citizens of this great nation to restore the balance of power between the States and the Federal government. I urge Legislators in the other 49 states to join Georgia and call for a Convention of States for the purpose of proposing amendments to the U.S. constitution.”

By a vote of 107-58, Georgia becomes the first state in the country to pass this historic resolution
107-58 IS a landslide. This means other states will quickly pass it as well.

There are not 34 states controlled by the GOP.

Don't let the door hit em on the way out.

When they're gone they'll become a third world country.

What?

When who is gone?

Wtf are you talking about? Did you accidentally respond to the wrong thread?

retard you do realize they aren't trying to leave the union they are proposing amendments to limit the power of the Federal Government and term limits.
One can only imagine the kind of amendments those goobers will propose
Already stated what they are up above and its in the article.

Indeed....enough entertainment for a while.

Indeed it is interesting. Hell if they manage to get a constitutional convention going and change things to the constitution it may either fix things or if enough liberals get their way it could easily start the very fast slide into insurrection and rebellion in the US...either way is fine for me!

And when this fails will be the secession talk. Happened in Texas.

Those are concepts far too advanced for the Southern mind.

They're more concerned with queers and guns and the big book of myths and fables.

The only ones obsessed with queers are the Democrats who suddenly decided they needed to make Gay marriage an issue to pick up lost voters.

The only ones obsessed with guns are those trying to confiscate them, in total defiance of the Constitution.

Here's a hint:

If you purposely lay siege to the Constitution of the United States, expect a very robust response. Are you suggesting that the People remain "tame" and "docile" while you plunder their rights?

Things like term limits for a Congress with only a 10% approval rating and dropping.

Or how about a balanced budget amendment or how about just forcing them to actually pass a budget?

About 80% of Americans favor these two issue. You sir are in the minority.

So how does it feel to be a left winged extremist who detests democracy?

They're more concerned with queers and guns and the big book of myths and fables.

Arrogance is a weakness.

God bless you sir!! :badgrin:

The only ones obsessed with queers are the Democrats who suddenly decided they needed to make Gay marriage an issue to pick up lost voters.

The only ones obsessed with guns are those trying to confiscate them, in total defiance of the Constitution.

Here's a hint:

If you purposely lay siege to the Constitution of the United States, expect a very robust response. Are you suggesting that the People remain "tame" and "docile" while you plunder their rights?

Do you honestly expect that the nation is going to embrace a constitutional amendment to outlaw abortion? Because if this convention comes to pass you can absolutely guarantee that those obsessed by abortion are going to demand that be included. They have had that as a GOP plank for the past couple of decades. There is no way that women are going to "remain 'tame' and 'docile' while you plunder their rights" in that regard.

So the reality is that there are far too many "hot button" topics that the saner politicians won't allow this to get the necessary 34 states for it to convene.

Do you honestly expect that the nation is going to embrace a constitutional amendment to outlaw abortion?

No.

However, you can find where I mentioned anything about abortion?

No you can't.

Stop changing the topic, only those losing debates do that.

Term limits and probably a total overhaul of the NSA would be on the to-do list of such a convention. You know, real issues, not manufactured ones.

Oh boy!

www.politisite.com/2014/03/06/georgia-first-state-to-pass-convention-of-states-resolution/

Georgia House of Representatives. SR736 calls for an Article V Convention of States for the purpose of proposing amendments to the United States Constitution on the limited topics of limiting the power and jurisdiction of the federal government and establishing term limits for federal officials.

Brockway, the resolution’s primary sponsor in the Georgia House said, “I’m proud Georgia has taken the lead on the very important work of restoring our Republic. An Article V Convention of States would provide an opportunity for the citizens of this great nation to restore the balance of power between the States and the Federal government. I urge Legislators in the other 49 states to join Georgia and call for a Convention of States for the purpose of proposing amendments to the U.S. constitution.”

By a vote of 107-58, Georgia becomes the first state in the country to pass this historic resolution

There are not 34 states controlled by the GOP.

They'll need 38 states to ratify anything. The GOP controls 26 state legislatures.
Add in:
Kentucky
Colorado
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Mexico
Nevada
Oregon
Vermont
Virginia
W.Virginia

And you're there. Plenty of juice to limit Federal power in those places.

Do you honestly expect that the nation is going to embrace a constitutional amendment to outlaw abortion?

No.

No you can't.

Term limits and probably a total overhaul of the NSA would be on the to-do list of such a convention. You know, real issues, not manufactured ones.

A real Commerce Clause defining what exactly the feds are empowered to regulate.

No.

No you can't.

You changed the topic when you deflected with these subjects;

Here's a hint:

Does this mean that by post #23 you had already admitted to losing your own debate?

No.

No you can't.

You changed the topic when you deflected with these subjects;

Here's a hint:

Does this mean that by post #23 you had already admitted to losing your own debate?

Actually [MENTION=20594]Mr Clean[/MENTION] deflected to that on post #20, I responded.

But you knew that, since this thread is still very short.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-constitutional-convention-2.html#post8784983

Lying scumbag. Or are you so dumb you don't know that #20 comes before #23? Which are you, lair or retard? No other choices remain.

Last edited:
Oh boy!

They'll need 38 states to ratify anything. The GOP controls 26 state legislatures.
Add in:
Kentucky
Colorado
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Mexico
Nevada
Oregon
Vermont
Virginia
W.Virginia

And you're there. Plenty of juice to limit Federal power in those places.

The OP article said 34!

COS hopes to gain passage in 34 states in time for a convention to be held in 2016

Presumably 34 represents 2/3rds of the 50 states needed to convene a Constitutional Convention.

With only 26 state legislators under GOP control they are even less likely to reach the 38 required for subsequent ratification assuming that they can clamber over the 34 bar to begin with!

Here's a hint:

Do you honestly expect that the nation is going to embrace a constitutional amendment to outlaw abortion? Because if this convention comes to pass you can absolutely guarantee that those obsessed by abortion are going to demand that be included. They have had that as a GOP plank for the past couple of decades. There is no way that women are going to "remain 'tame' and 'docile' while you plunder their rights" in that regard.

So the reality is that there are far too many "hot button" topics that the saner politicians won't allow this to get the necessary 34 states for it to convene.

Mark Levin wrote the book "Liberty Amendments" which started this movement. No where in it does he mention abortion. In fact, you are the first that I have heard mention it.

Nonetheless, the Framers created article V in the Constitution in order to enable states to rise up in case the federal government became too powerful. This is what it is for and why it should be used. The power needs to be curbed and return power to the states.

The OP article said 34!

Presumably 34 represents 2/3rds of the 50 states needed to convene a Constitutional Convention.

With only 26 state legislators under GOP control they are even less likely to reach the 38 required for subsequent ratification assuming that they can clamber over the 34 bar to begin with!

Keep the democrats in charge of the country and those numbers will increase I bet.

Things like term limits for a Congress with only a 10% approval rating and dropping.

Or how about a balanced budget amendment or how about just forcing them to actually pass a budget?

Those are concepts far too advanced for the fascists minds.

They're more concerned with welfarism and warfare and the big book of myths and fable.

A Constitutional Convention will be a bloody and violent affair.

Indeed it is interesting. Hell if they manage to get a constitutional convention going and change things to the constitution it may either fix things or if enough liberals get their way it could easily start the very fast slide into insurrection and rebellion in the US...either way is fine for me!

Why is that?

Are you residing in a Pacific atoll?

Be a man move to the Houston area and wear a target on your forehead.
I am just fine where I am living in the south right now. Texas is a bit too warm for my tastes. I love my mountains oh and I say that because personally I don't like the way the country is run. I have a lot in common with conservatives and some in common with liberals but what I want won't happen in the current US.

What?

When who is gone?

Wtf are you talking about? Did you accidentally respond to the wrong thread?

retard you do realize they aren't trying to leave the union they are proposing amendments to limit the power of the Federal Government and term limits.

Already stated what they are up above and its in the article.
Indeed....enough entertainment for a while.

And when this fails will be the secession talk. Happened in Texas.

No need for "secession talk" when and if this "fails" the states won't have time to leave the union...the people will pick up arms once their rights are clamped down on. Between the republicans and democrats I expect 90% of the constitution to be up for debate...especially the 1st and 2nd amendments...

Those are concepts far too advanced for the fascists minds.

They're more concerned with welfarism and warfare and the big book of myths and fable.

A Constitutional Convention will be a bloody and violent affair.

I'm tired of all the fear mongering. What is everyone soooo scared of?

I guess states rising up and taking back power for their constituents makes Obama wet the bed at night.

If it turns bloody then we just call Putin for support. Obama will run off like a scared school girl.

Forum List

Back