Georgia State votes for Constitutional Convention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy!

www.politisite.com/2014/03/06/georgia-first-state-to-pass-convention-of-states-resolution/

Blog: First state passes Article V Convention of States resolution

Georgia House of Representatives. SR736 calls for an Article V Convention of States for the purpose of proposing amendments to the United States Constitution on the limited topics of limiting the power and jurisdiction of the federal government and establishing term limits for federal officials.

Brockway, the resolution’s primary sponsor in the Georgia House said, “I’m proud Georgia has taken the lead on the very important work of restoring our Republic. An Article V Convention of States would provide an opportunity for the citizens of this great nation to restore the balance of power between the States and the Federal government. I urge Legislators in the other 49 states to join Georgia and call for a Convention of States for the purpose of proposing amendments to the U.S. constitution.”

By a vote of 107-58, Georgia becomes the first state in the country to pass this historic resolution
107-58 IS a landslide. This means other states will quickly pass it as well.

Well, Ft. Sumter is not in Georgia, but it's close enough.

Laffin...

Now, it may surprise you, but I am FOR a Constitutional Convention. It's time. We need to take a serious look at some stuff. But not the secessionist/nullification stuff you may be thinking of.

Last edited:
Those are concepts far too advanced for the Southern mind.

They're more concerned with queers and guns and the big book of myths and fables.

Those are concepts far too advanced for the fascists minds.

They're more concerned with welfarism and warfare and the big book of myths and fable.

A Constitutional Convention will be a bloody and violent affair.

I'm tired of all the fear mongering. What is everyone soooo scared of?

I guess states rising up and taking back power for their constituents makes Obama wet the bed at night.

If it turns bloody then we just call Putin for support. Obama will run off like a scared school girl.

Oh, those RWNJ wet-dreams....

laffin...

The only ones obsessed with queers are the Democrats who suddenly decided they needed to make Gay marriage an issue to pick up lost voters.

The only ones obsessed with guns are those trying to confiscate them, in total defiance of the Constitution.

Here's a hint:

If you purposely lay siege to the Constitution of the United States, expect a very robust response. Are you suggesting that the People remain "tame" and "docile" while you plunder their rights?

Do you honestly expect that the nation is going to embrace a constitutional amendment to outlaw abortion? Because if this convention comes to pass you can absolutely guarantee that those obsessed by abortion are going to demand that be included. They have had that as a GOP plank for the past couple of decades. There is no way that women are going to "remain 'tame' and 'docile' while you plunder their rights" in that regard.

So the reality is that there are far too many "hot button" topics that the saner politicians won't allow this to get the necessary 34 states for it to convene.

Mark Levin wrote the book "Liberty Amendments" which started this movement. No where in it does he mention abortion. In fact, you are the first that I have heard mention it.

Nonetheless, the Framers created article V in the Constitution in order to enable states to rise up in case the federal government became too powerful. This is what it is for and why it should be used. The power needs to be curbed and return power to the states.

Actually it is in there, if you have been following the discussion.

Mark Levin's The Liberty Amendments | The American Spectator

An Amendment to Establish Term Limits for Supreme Court Justices and Super-Majority Legislative Override
SECTION 1: No person may serve as Chief Justice or Associate Justice of the Supreme Court for more than a combined total of twelve years.

[…]

SECTION 4: Upon three-fifths vote of the House of Representatives and the Senate, Congress may override a majority opinion rendered by the Supreme Court.

SECTION 5: The Congressional override under Section 4 is not subject to a Presidential veto and shall not be the subject of litigation or review in any Federal or State court.

SECTION 6: Upon three-fifths vote of the several state legislatures, the States may override a majority opinion rendered by the Supreme Court.

The notion that, for example, Roe v. Wade might have been overturned by three-fifths of the state legislatures had Levin’s amendment been in place in January of 1973 will doubtless cause a frenzy on the left. On the other hand, there is no doubt the Left would love for this particular Liberty Amendment to be in place right now -- so they could try and repeal Citizens United.

Giving the Congress and the States veto power over Supreme Court decisions will surely roil the waters political.

We won’t run through all the other amendments in detail here. It’s safe to say that each in their own fashion will arouse considerable controversy.

Those are concepts far too advanced for the Southern mind.

They're more concerned with queers and guns and the big book of myths and fables.

The only ones obsessed with queers are the Democrats who suddenly decided they needed to make Gay marriage an issue to pick up lost voters.

The only ones obsessed with guns are those trying to confiscate them, in total defiance of the Constitution.

Here's a hint:

If you purposely lay siege to the Constitution of the United States, expect a very robust response. Are you suggesting that the People remain "tame" and "docile" while you plunder their rights?

Do you honestly expect that the nation is going to embrace a constitutional amendment to outlaw abortion? Because if this convention comes to pass you can absolutely guarantee that those obsessed by abortion are going to demand that be included. They have had that as a GOP plank for the past couple of decades. There is no way that women are going to "remain 'tame' and 'docile' while you plunder their rights" in that regard.

So the reality is that there are far too many "hot button" topics that the saner politicians won't allow this to get the necessary 34 states for it to convene.
Won't allow? Interesting.

Here's a hint:

Yup, just like Jan Brewer vetoed the bill allowing discrimination against gays. The ramifications of allowing the nation to become divided over those proposed amendments are too risky for your average politician to embrace. They cannot predict an outcome that will do them or their masters any good so they won't go there. And yes, that applies to both sides of the aisle.

Yup, just like Jan Brewer vetoed the bill allowing discrimination against gays. The ramifications of allowing the nation to become divided over those proposed amendments are too risky for your average politician to embrace. They cannot predict an outcome that will do them or their masters any good so they won't go there. And yes, that applies to both sides of the aisle.
It will be a nice campaign issue. Why did you not allow the people to call a Constitutional Convention as outlined in our Constitution? Why, because it posses a threat to My power and My job! Why would I want to do that regardless of what the people want. It will be an interesting ad.

It will be a nice campaign issue. Why did you not allow the people to call a Constitutional Convention as outlined in our Constitution? Why, because it posses a threat to My power and My job! Why would I want to do that regardless of what the people want. It will be an interesting ad.

Who exactly is going to fund and run that ad? Unless you can tell me which special interest is going to come ahead with Levin's proposals they won't touch it. The politicians are owned by the special interests.

Forum List

Back