Get Rid of Spanish in America

Say --- aren't you in ..... Florida?

Oopsie, is that a dirty word now?
Actually the word Florida is an English word, used in English government back in the early 16th century - I think it was in the time of Henry VII (grandfather of Queen Elizabeth I)
Forget about a national language...you couldn't even make it through the 4th grade with that line of crap.

- Florida was named by explorer Ponce de Leon in 1513. The name "Florida" comes from the Spanish word "florido," which means "full of flowers," or "flowery."

Florida State Name Origin

NO, NO, NO.....the OP’s post makes perfect sense to any good American...PERIOD

Anyone who thinks government should be able to control the private actions of its citizens has no idea what America is

There’s an old document titled “We The People”....you’re gonna hate it, it outlines many things related to the “actions” of its citizens; one of which is that one MUST speak and understand the English language to become naturalized.
What you’re doing with your spin is busting your ass to create complexities. This isn’t all that trivial. Follow along here....good Americans believe that one should speak and understand English to be considered “one of us” whether or not one decides to speak English in public aloud is their choice....and it’s our choice to consider them an outcast, a foreigner, a black sheep....TA-DA...See how this works?

NO, NO, NO.....the OP’s post makes perfect sense to any good American...PERIOD

Anyone who thinks government should be able to control the private actions of its citizens has no idea what America is

There’s an old document titled “We The People”....you’re gonna hate it, it outlines many things related to the “actions” of its citizens; one of which is that one MUST speak and understand the English language to become naturalized.
What you’re doing with your spin is busting your ass to create complexities. This isn’t all that trivial. Follow along here....good Americans believe that one should speak and understand English to be considered “one of us” whether or not one decides to speak English in public aloud is their choice....and it’s our choice to consider them an outcast, a foreigner, a black sheep....TA-DA...See how this works?

Actually, pull up a copy of the US Constitution and search for the word "English." Hint, you won't find it.

Since you're not a strong reader, I'll dumb it down for you.

First of all, I said I agree with the (D)OP(E) that our government should conduct all transactions in English.

Second, I agree with you that immigrants should learn English

That isn't what I objected to. I objected to the OP saying that the US government should be able to pass laws requiring Spanish not be used in transactions between citizens.

You disagree with what I actually said?

Sigh ---- being a Special Ed teacher requires so much patience...

Florida
U.S. state, formerly a Spanish colony, probably from Spanish Pascua florida, literally "flowering Easter," a Spanish name for Palm Sunday, and so named because the peninsula was discovered on that day (March 20, 1513) by the expedition of Spanish explorer Ponce de León. From Latin floridus "flowery, in bloom" (see florid). Related: Floridian (1580s as a noun, in reference to the natives; 1819 as an adjective). --- OED
It's in a book I have a home, but I'm in the library right now. It's the name of an English town, or group of nobility in the 15th or 16th century. Good thing you have me here to give you this special education. :coffee:

Sigh ---- being a Special Ed teacher requires so much patience...

Florida
U.S. state, formerly a Spanish colony, probably from Spanish Pascua florida, literally "flowering Easter," a Spanish name for Palm Sunday, and so named because the peninsula was discovered on that day (March 20, 1513) by the expedition of Spanish explorer Ponce de León. From Latin floridus "flowery, in bloom" (see florid). Related: Floridian (1580s as a noun, in reference to the natives; 1819 as an adjective). --- OED
It's in a book I have a home, but I'm in the library right now. It's the name of an English town, or group of nobility in the 15th or 16th century. Good thing you have me here to give you this special education. :coffee:

Uh huh.

I objected to the OP saying that the US government should be able to pass laws requiring Spanish not be used in transactions between citizens.

You disagree with what I actually said?
I do. Most definitely.

I do, YUP.

I believe that you never answered my questions about Vioxx and Thalidomide. You think the govt should not have been able to ban them ?

Now who's running away from the questions ?

What does the first amendment protect since you think speech between citizens can be regulated?
So you DON'T think speech can be (IS) regulated ? (in all the ways I mentioned 3 times here already)

I believe that you never answered my questions about Vioxx and Thalidomide. You think the govt should not have been able to ban them ?

You buried that question in the post.

No, government should not have been able to ban them. All drugs should be legal.

I'd have no problem with government warning the population about them. But government has no legitimate power to control the actions of law abiding citizens

Once AGAIN I took the wacko OP's wacko OP to yet another logical conclusion. Not that it's "logical" but it is following his logic. One of many example thereof.

Or is abstract critical thought completely beyond your ken?
So following the definition of NATION (distinctive language and culture), and wanting the USA to be that, is now somehow "wacko" ? You just coined the word for your postings. Exactly.

Thalidomide is not a language.

I guess you didn't know that.

You buried that question in the post.

No, government should not have been able to ban them. All drugs should be legal.

I'd have no problem with government warning the population about them. But government has no legitimate power to control the actions of law abiding citizens
You're insane. But that's OK. People who are as unhinged as you are, are in the strict minority (including among conservatives). You say >> "All drugs should be legal" You would have heroin, cocaine, methedrine all be legal. Wow.

Is there a doctor I the house ? I mean really.

And I did not "bury" anything, anywhere. I'd say "nice try" to that, but it wasn't. :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back