Get rid of the Department of Education altogether...

Remove the DOE and you remove the Federal dollars
and then the states can stop Sending it to the Feds so that the Feds can just send back less
States don’t send money to the Feds

The American taxpayer does

Ok, in the end it is the same. We the people send tax dollars to fund The Ed, some of which they keep and some of which they send to the states.

The Ed adds no value to justify what they keep.
Of course they add value
They set educational standards for the country. They facilitate the exchange of educational information between states. They provide spot funding to needy districts.

What they don’t pay for is $60 million Football Stadiums
State and local governments fund those

I do not need nor want the Fed Govt telling my school districts what standards they have to meet. The states are more than capable of exchanging educational information if they wish to do so without a middle man.

In 1982 the US students ranked number 1 in math and science. Now we are 38th and 24th.

Tell me how the Dept of Ed is helping a damn thing.
Yes you do

Many states (I will just call them Red States) shortchange educational standards. Their priorities are providing the bare minimum educational standards at the lowest cost.

Without the federal Government requiring basic standards, they would provide even less

I agree. the DOE could be doing more but we provide them a minimal budget and Trump and DeVos cut even more

Those other counties that you speak of don’t divide their educational system 50 ways and among tens of thousands of individual school districts

Created in 1978...and the minute it was created was the minute our schools started to go downhill. It is used to create a nationalized school system, for the purpose of pushing federal *programs* that have nothing to do with education and everything to do with brainwashing, and which supplant actual education.

Trump administration proposes $7.1 billion funding cut to Education Department

Public school teacher. I agree 100% with this
First thing conservatives cut is the music program

Created in 1978...and the minute it was created was the minute our schools started to go downhill. It is used to create a nationalized school system, for the purpose of pushing federal *programs* that have nothing to do with education and everything to do with brainwashing, and which supplant actual education.

How funny. I work in a red district. Do you think you're going to convert me to liberalism or something?

PS My district ADDED music and art time recently

How funny. I work in a red district. Do you think you're going to convert me to liberalism or something?

Music adds nothing to education
Reading, riting, rithmatic and FOOTBALL

That is Republican education

Just shut the whole commie rat trap DOWN .... the out of work commie bureaucrats can learn to code

Music adds nothing to education
Reading, riting, rithmatic and FOOTBALL

That is Republican education

Ask Mike Huckabee

and then the states can stop Sending it to the Feds so that the Feds can just send back less

Ok, in the end it is the same. We the people send tax dollars to fund The Ed, some of which they keep and some of which they send to the states.

Of course they add value
They set educational standards for the country. They facilitate the exchange of educational information between states. They provide spot funding to needy districts.

I do not need nor want the Fed Govt telling my school districts what standards they have to meet. The states are more than capable of exchanging educational information if they wish to do so without a middle man.

In 1982 the US students ranked number 1 in math and science. Now we are 38th and 24th.

Yes you do

Many states (I will just call them Red States) shortchange educational standards. Their priorities are providing the bare minimum educational standards at the lowest cost.

Without the federal Government requiring basic standards, they would provide even less

I agree. the DOE could be doing more but we provide them a minimal budget and Trump and DeVos cut even more

Those other counties that you speak of don’t divide their educational system 50 ways and among tens of thousands of individual school districts
Hey, dummy. So what you're attempting to spew is that our wonderful school system is putting out Rhodes scholars under the DOE? Typical worthless leftist traitor rant. Just throw more money and control at it and hope it sticks. What a fool you are.

Of course they add value

Yes you do

Hey, dummy. So what you're attempting to spew is that our wonderful school system is putting out Rhodes scholars under the DOE? Typical worthless leftist traitor rant. Just throw more money and control at it and hope it sticks. What a fool you are.

DOE has the least amount of impact on the quality of education. They are only ten percent of the pie

Local districts and the state get to decide how much they will pay teachers, what programs they will fund, how much they will spend on textbooks and learning materials

Start there when you want to complain about the quality of education

Of course they add value

Yes you do

DOE has the least amount of impact on the quality of education. They are only ten percent of the pie

Local districts and the state get to decide how much they will pay teachers, what programs they will fund, how much they will spend on textbooks and learning materials

So, in actuality, there is no need for the DOE - correct?

Of course they add value

Yes you do

In actuality

We need a Bigger DOE like other countries do

Tens of thousand independent fiefdoms is not the way to educate

We should get rid of most Federal Departments and let the states fund their own programs.

Yes you do

In actuality

Schools don't educate under the DOE. They indoctrinate.

Of course they add value

Yes you do

Take money from our Expansive and Expensive Welfare System and give it to The Most Expensive Education System in The World that only produces LibTard Drones with No Skills, and Barely Literate in English, Math and Science?

Sounds like the perfect and typical DemTard Plan.

Yes you do

In actuality

Yet, before we had a DOE and all we had were tens of thousand independent fiefdoms our students were the very best in the world. Now, not so much.

Yes you do

In actuality

Schools don't educate under the DOE. They indoctrinate.

Show any indoctrination required by DOE

Yes you do

In actuality

Yet, before we had a DOE and all we had were tens of thousand independent fiefdoms our students were the very best in the world. Now, not so much.
We got fat and lazy
The rest of the world began stressing education and caught up

In actuality

We got fat and lazy
The rest of the world began stressing education and caught up

And the DOE has not helped at all...in fact you could say they failed in their main purpose for existing

Forum List

Back