Getting to be that time of year

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
The school year is fast approaching its end. It makes you think.

The school year is fast approaching its end. It makes you think.
It makes me think that I am once again going to have to trip over the high school and college kids clogging up the equipment at my gym and me having to almost take a number while they steadfastly extend their rest periods and tap incessantly on their cellphones..which seems to be surgically attached to their hands. :)

It makes me think that I am once again going to have to trip over the high school and college kids clogging up the equipment at my gym and me having to almost take a number while they steadfastly extend their rest periods and tap incessantly on their cellphones..which seems to be surgically attached to their hands. :)

Chain gyms near the high schools are offering free memberships during the summer months. This means my wrestlers will be pestering me for workout plans.

Some students who in their first years of high school were regularly at odds with teachers and administrators, now more mature and ready to step out into the world. Often these turn out to be the students who as juniors or seniors get along well with their teachers.

Some students who in their first years of high school were regularly at odds with teachers and administrators, now more mature and ready to step out into the world. Often these turn out to be the students who as juniors or seniors get along well with their teachers.

Congratulations. Can they make change ar a drive thru window yet?

Congratulations. Can they make change ar a drive thru window yet?
I couldn't do that. I could in my head easy, but not with my hands.
Not like somebody that can actually do that good and fast.

It's rewarding to see some students who only a year or two ago were quiet and shy, clearly overwhelmed by new circumstances, but now walk around campus with confidence. Chatting with friends of all sorts, participating in school activities, and showing real leadership in their own way.

Well into my 20's, even after I got out of the Army, I used to get excited at this time of year, but I couldn't figure out why. Then I realized it was a carryover from by school years, when I would be off for the Summer. What a let-down to realize that you don't get summers off when you are a working adult.

Now, of course, EVERY day is an "off day," and I can do whatever I want.

My local school district shortened its calendar this year because now there is no such thing as a "snow day." If it snows, they just send out a blast text message (I think) to tell the kids they are "working from home" that day. My Grandkids are OUT for the Summer.

Just now getting bunches visitors to my class of graduating seniors, many who were in my class two years ago. They are clutching the bags with their caps and gowns in them; so proud, and a little nervous it seems.

What was one of your "most memorable" moments of teaching this school year?

Forum List

Back