Give a man a fish.......

Life expectancy history: Public health and medical advances that lead to long lives.

Clean water may be the biggest lifesaver in history. Some historians attribute one-half of the overall reduction in mortality, two-thirds of the reduction in child mortality, and three-fourths of the reduction in infant mortality to clean water. In 1854, John Snow traced a cholera outbreak in London to a water pump next to a leaky sewer, and some of the big public works projects of the late 1900s involved separating clean water from dirty. Cities ran water through sand and gravel to physically trap filth, and when that didn’t work (germs are awfully small) they started chlorinating water.

Housing, especially in cities, was crowded, filthy, poorly ventilated, dank, stinky, hot in the summer, and cold in the winter. These were terrible conditions to live in as a human being, but a great place to be an infectious microbe. Pretty much everyone was infected with tuberculosis (the main cause of consumption), the leading killer for most of the 19th century.

Contaminated food was one of the greatest killers, especially of infants; once they stopped breast-feeding, their food could expose them to typhoid fever, botulism, salmonella, and any number of microbes that caused deadly diarrhea in young children.

Last edited:

Interesting. You ought to read it. A lot of what is mentioned are medical conditions that killed people earlier but are very survivable today. And government had zero to do with any of that.

RW (Jake) believe that the government should be your momma from birth to death, and that as your momma the government should decide if you are to be born and when you are to die.

put some wool on them and they would be complete sheep.

and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime

This characterizes the Conservative solution to poverty. Makes alot of sense actually, how could liberals not embrace it. After all, "free stuff" causes dependencey.

But what about the man who cannot afford a fishing pole?
What about the man who lives in a place where there are no fish?

Liberals say....Give that man a fishing pole so he can fish. But Conservatives scream, Why should "I" pay for his free stuff?

Liberals say, bring more fish into his area. But Conservatives scream, It is not my problem where he lives

Conservatives are willing to teach a man to fish. But once they do, they consider the job to be done

Give a Communist a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a Communist to fish, and he's back the next day demanding more free fish.

and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime

This characterizes the Conservative solution to poverty. Makes alot of sense actually, how could liberals not embrace it. After all, "free stuff" causes dependencey.

But what about the man who cannot afford a fishing pole?
What about the man who lives in a place where there are no fish?

Liberals say....Give that man a fishing pole so he can fish. But Conservatives scream, Why should "I" pay for his free stuff?

Liberals say, bring more fish into his area. But Conservatives scream, It is not my problem where he lives

Conservatives are willing to teach a man to fish. But once they do, they consider the job to be done

Give a Communist a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a Communist to fish, and he's back the next day demanding more free fish.

good quote, if you substitute "liberal democrat" for "communist" you have it accurate for today.

And those things alone did not double life expectancy

Clean water, sewer, air, soil, safe food, healthcare, workplace, highways, land air & sea transportation, cities schools, etc created by government all did a lot to increase life expectancy, quality of life & living standards.

Ignorant bitches like you taking tax money from government tit sucking Booz Allen did nothing but steal money from wealth creating workers & lower living standards.

I worked in Booz Allen's commercial practice, I didn't work in the government practice.

The only commercial practice Booz has is informing companies how to lobby to get government money & avoid paying taxes. You know nothing of wealth creating workforce or real quality of life improving business. Manipulation of tax payer money from workers is what you do.

"Government Contracting Is Booz Allen's Business"

"According to their 10-K filing, "we have strong and longstanding relationships with a diverse group of clients at all levels of the U.S. government. During fiscal 2013, we derived 99% of our revenue from services under more than 5,700 contracts and task orders. The single largest entity that we served in fiscal 2013 was the Army, which represented approximately 16% of our revenue in that period. We derived 91% of our revenue in the fiscal 2013 from engagements for which we acted as the prime contractor." Of that revenue, a further 23%, or $1.3 billion, came from U.S. Intelligence agencies."

"Booz Allen is Active in Washington"

"Booz Allen group, located near DC with headquarters in McLean, Virginia, is an active political player. Reports show that Booz Allen contributed $1.2 million in recent years to campaign finance, with $176,757 going to Barack Obama, $54,360 to Hillary Clinton, $51,951 to Mitt Romney, and $44,264 to John McCain. Fifty-five percent (55%) of their contributions went to Democratic candidates and causes, while 44% went to Republicans.

They employ over 70 individuals to sit on 54 federal advisory committees, including those that report to the Department of Defense, Department of Transportation, Federal Communications Commission, NASA, the Department of State, and the Department of Homeland Security."

Edward Snowden's Employer: 6 Shocking Facts About Booz Allen Hamilton

Last edited:

Interesting. You ought to read it. A lot of what is mentioned are medical conditions that killed people earlier but are very survivable today. And government had zero to do with any of that.

It was Government that invested in water and sewer systems, invested in medical research (US Military put alot of money into disease control), set standards for housing, workplace safety, safe food, safe drugs, standards for roads and automotive safety

We owe our government alot for doubling our life expectancey

Clean water, sewer, air, soil, safe food, healthcare, workplace, highways, land air & sea transportation, cities schools, etc created by government all did a lot to increase life expectancy, quality of life & living standards.

Ignorant bitches like you taking tax money from government tit sucking Booz Allen did nothing but steal money from wealth creating workers & lower living standards.

I worked in Booz Allen's commercial practice, I didn't work in the government practice.

The only commercial practice Booz has is informing companies how to lobby to get government money & avoid paying taxes.

"According to their 10-K filing, "we have strong and longstanding relationships with a diverse group of clients at all levels of the U.S. government. During fiscal 2013, we derived 99% of our revenue from services under more than 5,700 contracts and task orders. The single largest entity that we served in fiscal 2013 was the Army, which represented approximately 16% of our revenue in that period. We derived 91% of our revenue in the fiscal 2013 from engagements for which we acted as the prime contractor." Of that revenue, a further 23%, or $1.3 billion, came from U.S. Intelligence agencies."

"Booz Allen group, located near DC with headquarters in McLean, Virginia, is an active political player. Reports show that Booz Allen contributed $1.2 million in recent years to campaign finance, with $176,757 going to Barack Obama, $54,360 to Hillary Clinton, $51,951 to Mitt Romney, and $44,264 to John McCain. Fifty-five percent (55%) of their contributions went to Democratic candidates and causes, while 44% went to Republicans.

They employ over 70 individuals to sit on 54 federal advisory committees, including those that report to the Department of Defense, Department of Transportation, Federal Communications Commission, NASA, the Department of State, and the Department of Homeland Security."

I am certain you know much more about Kaz's job than he does. lol.

It was Government that invested in water and sewer systems, invested in medical research (US Military put alot of money into disease control), set standards for housing, workplace safety, safe food, safe drugs, standards for roads and automotive safety

we get it RW, you believe that government is God. all powerful, all knowing, all things to all people. Infallible and wondrous.

you are a loon of amazing ignorance.

Hmmm, were Jonas Salk and Madam Curie government workers? how about henry ford and alexander graham bell and the wright brothers?

you look more stupid with every new post.

Hmmm, were Jonas Salk and Madam Curie government workers? how about henry ford and alexander graham bell and the wright brothers?

you look more stupid with every new post.

Well medical procedures had to be approved by the govenrment. SO fi there were no government they wouldn't have been approved. See how that works?
Nutjobber sucks big government dick.

The only commercial practice Booz has is informing companies how to lobby to get government money & avoid paying taxes. You know nothing of wealth creating workforce or real quality of life improving business. Manipulation of tax payer money from workers is what you do.

LOL, I never did any of those things. I worked there during the mid 90s. Booz Allen has since broken up. At that time, they had the commercial practice and the government practice. They officially called the government practice the "Technology" Practice, but everyone including us called it the "Government" practice since almost all their revenue was in government. We operated virtually as two completely different companies.

There was no career ladder to move between the two and virtually no one did. We did management and strategy consulting for commercial businesses, they did government contract work. We had a few offices and traveled everywhere. The headquarters for the overall company was in McLean, Virginia.

I worked in New York in the Financial Services group. I did a lot of work in New York, I also traveled across the country for clients. It just is dude. I appreciate you telling me who I worked for and what I did for a living in case I didn't know, but I do know.

I know Booz Allen has broken up since, but I don't know the details. The commercial side is not a company you tend to spend a lot of time working for. It's long hours and intense pressure. The people I know from there have all left at one point or another. The government side is lower paying but more quality of life and more longevity of employees.

Snowden did the right thing, but I had nothing to do with that and he wasn't in the commercial practice.

Last edited:

The only commercial practice Booz has is informing companies how to lobby to get government money & avoid paying taxes.

I am certain you know much more about Kaz's job than he does. lol.

You wonder how he gets his head through doorways

How are any of those "shocking?"

The one thing Snowden did that wasn't right was screw Booz Allen. I still can't even tell you by my agreement with them who any of our clients were. They consider just knowing we were working for them to be strategic information and not our job to disclose.

Snowden went against his employer and greatly harmed them. You should like that part. He also exposed the Obama administration's violation of our fourth amendment rights. I like that part. Win-win, we should both be happy!

Forum List

Back