Give a man a fish.......

Go to where the fish are?

Have you people checked the prices of waterfront property lately?

If we stopped subsidizing flood insurance so the rich living on the water fronts get new homes every 5 years from tax payers, waterfront property prices would drop.

wrong, no one would live on the water and a hotel room on the water would be beyond the financial capabilities of most people, so the hotels would close and the people who work in them would lose their jobs.

these things are not as simple as you simpletons try to make them.

and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime

This characterizes the Conservative solution to poverty. Makes alot of sense actually, how could liberals not embrace it. After all, "free stuff" causes dependencey.

But what about the man who cannot afford a fishing pole?
What about the man who lives in a place where there are no fish?

Liberals say....Give that man a fishing pole so he can fish. But Conservatives scream, Why should "I" pay for his free stuff?

Liberals say, bring more fish into his area. But Conservatives scream, It is not my problem where he lives

Conservatives are willing to teach a man to fish. But once they do, they consider the job to be done

Conservatives no longer believe they should pay to teach others how to fish, or lend them a fishing pole. They want to deregulate, poison the water & kill all the fish so they can starve the slaves.

Conservatives just give lip service to poverty programs

Sure they will teach you how to fish ......but allow industrial fishing to deplete the fishing stocks
Sure they will teach you how to fish....but ban you from the good fishing spots
Sure they will teach you how to fish.....but price you out of the market
Sure they will teach you how to fish......but not equip you as well as your competition

Then they will blame you because you have failed

This characterizes the Conservative solution to poverty. Makes alot of sense actually, how could liberals not embrace it. After all, "free stuff" causes dependencey.

Liberals say....Give that man a fishing pole so he can fish. But Conservatives scream, Why should "I" pay for his free stuff?

Liberals say, bring more fish into his area. But Conservatives scream, It is not my problem where he lives

Conservatives are willing to teach a man to fish. But once they do, they consider the job to be done

Conservatives no longer believe they should pay to teach others how to fish, or lend them a fishing pole. They want to deregulate, poison the water & kill all the fish so they can starve the slaves.

Conservatives just give lip service to poverty programs

Sure they will teach you how to fish ......but allow industrial fishing to deplete the fishing stocks
Sure they will teach you how to fish....but ban you from the good fishing spots
Sure they will teach you how to fish.....but price you out of the market
Sure they will teach you how to fish......but not equip you as well as your competition

Then they will blame you because you have failed

^^^^^total horseshit.

If we stopped subsidizing flood insurance so the rich living on the water fronts get new homes every 5 years from tax payers, waterfront property prices would drop.

Waterfront property is expensive because it's desirable.

liberals do not understand the laws of supply and demand. it just ain't FAIR :D

Garbage isn't really pollution. How does a man that doesn't eat clean up a river polluted with chemicals?

Really? Garbage isn't pollution? That's a new one.

Correct. Now how about answering the question.

If you want to know the treatments, look it up yourself. Like I said, it depends on How the rivers are polluted.

And garbage does pollute streams.

Though I suspect this attitude towards trash is why Obama supporters don't throw their trash away after protests.

Wrong. That is an excellent example of why liberals cannot comprehend economics.
Hey, genius, air is desirable too. But it's free.

I think this thread is a perfect example of the differences between people. some of us will think up ways around any problem we face, the others will make excuses of why we can't do something.

The point is that for some people the deck is stacked so that your simplistic solutions are not that easy

Go get a job is easy advise except for those who live in an area with no jobs

Move to where the jobs are is easy advise except for those who lack the nestegg to reestablish in a new location

The point is that no solution is simple, but sometimes you have to get up off your @$$ and do what you need to to survive.

Well lets look at that man

He has been given an education. He knows HOW to fish. His problem is

- Can't afford the equipment to fish
- There aren't any fish where he lives
- If he scrapes enough money to buy fishing equipment, he is forced to compete with those who are much better equipped
- If he tries to fish in the good fishing holes, he finds he is restricted from fishing there

So he should just give up and let someone else work it out for him?

That's sure what it looks like RW is saying.

You can improvise fishing equipment.

You can move where the fish are.

You can also move away from competition.

You can get the government to stop restricting others from good fishing holes.

If you can't fish, maybe you can start up a bait shop and sell bait and other supplies to local fisherman.

Maybe you can provide another service to the local fisherman.

The only thing limiting what we do is the drive.

Drive and perseverance. When you give up, life has beat you. Not the way I want to live.

Really? Garbage isn't pollution? That's a new one.

If you want to know the treatments, look it up yourself. Like I said, it depends on How the rivers are polluted.

Though I suspect this attitude towards trash is why Obama supporters don't throw their trash away after protests.
How does a man that doesn't eat clean up a river that is polluted chemically? You offered it as a solution so you should have an answer.

Wrong. That is an excellent example of why liberals cannot comprehend economics.

But waterfront property is not free. Are you stuck on stupid today?

It's not desirable to build expensive homes on if they have to keep paying out of their own pocket to replace or repair it. The simple fact is the majority would not even be able to get a loan to build or buy near the water if it were not covered by flood insurance.

How does a man that doesn't eat clean up a river that is polluted chemically? You offered it as a solution so you should have an answer.

it depends. I can't get more specific than that. Look it up because it can be done.

Yes, air is desirable. It's also a necessity to life and is everywhere.

Waterfront property is not a necessity too life nor is it everywhere.

Do you not see the difference Mr. Economics Expert.

But waterfront property is not free. Are you stuck on stupid today?

He didn't say waterfront property was free, only that it isn't expensive because it's desirable. Which is absolutely true.

Waterfront property is expensive because it's desirable and scarce. It's the scarcity that drives the price.

How does it feel to be a paranoid idiot?

Yes, air is desirable. It's also a necessity to life and is everywhere.

Waterfront property is not a necessity too life nor is it everywhere.

Do you not see the difference Mr. Economics Expert.

Water, on the other hand is necessary for life and does cost money. It's also practically everywhere.

Give a man a fish and he will kill you and steal your fishing pole. It's easier than taking a tree branch to make his own fishing pole. It takes less time that using some vines and weaving a net.

Forum List

Back