Give to the Red Cross, unless your name is Romney

romney_storm_nyt.jpg

Mitt Romney with a can of food.

2654be149770791e1f0f6a7067002b9c.jpg

Mitt Romney putting canned food in a bag.

628x471.jpg

Mitt Romney putting food in the back of a truck.​

I couldn't find one of Mitt Romney actually driving the truck. Course, the roads are blocked. The airports shut. The trains not moving.

What is Romney going to do with all that shit. You know he doesn't eat food from a can. He probably doesn't know how to use a can-opener.

Does anyone have a picture of Mitt Romney actually driving the truck? I want it to complete my "set".

Romney-Relief-Sandy.jpg

It won't hold much and Mitt can't drive it anyway.

Last edited:
He bought $5000 worth of food, with his own money, and is donating it in order to make it look like they got food to donate.

Gotta admit, I didn't see that one.

TV news said it was campaign money.

Post a link that says it was his money.

post PROOF that it was campaign money.. you know, actual evidence, not 'tv news says..' dumb ass.

still waiting... GOOGLE not working for ya, dumb ass?

post PROOF that it was campaign money.. you know, actual evidence, not 'tv news says..' dumb ass.

still waiting... GOOGLE not working for ya, dumb ass?

Okay, this is the FIFTH time this link is being posted. Stop yammering and start reading.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/the-making-of-romneys-storm-relief-event

Don't come back ans ay you can't find the link.

I worked for The Salvation Army, everything helps. If the Red Cross can't figure out what to do with the clothes they don't deserve my money.

And people wonder why we're fed up with rw's.

WHAT is wrong with giving what they can actually use? What is wrong with giving what is needed?

This is the same kind of thing that Mitt is doing. He wants to look like he gives a damn without actually doing anything. Our fellow Americans need more than a photo op.

Why don't you take a good long look at the photographs and videos from these decimated areas and then go look in the mirror.

I swear, the next person that makes me type this is going to get negged.

Romney is boxing the food and shipping it to New Jersey at his own expense, that alone removes any objection the idiots that think money is better than food would have. On top of that, the Red Cross in New Jersey actually wants the food, which removes any objection nay idiot might have. He also had information on donating to the Red Cross displayed on two Jumbotrons on how to donate to the red cross using a cell phone.

Do you have a link? How do you know that he didn't use campaign cash for that manufactured photo op in Ohio?

Obama Gave 1% to Charity

Romney charitable contributions
Tax year Taxable income Charitable donations Donations as % of income
2010 $21.7 million $2.98 million 13.73%
2011 (est) $20.9 million $4 million 19.14%

SOURCE:

WHO'S GREEDY? Obama Gave 1% to Charity, Romney Gave 15%
http://nation.foxnews.com/mitt-romney/2012/01/24/whos-greedy-obama-gave-1-charity-romney-gave-15

Romney is a multi millionaire. Obama is not. I imagine that is why.

That FOX story is also an outright lie.

Obama gives $1.4 million in Nobel Prize money to charities

Obama Gave 1% to Charity

SOURCE:

http://nation.foxnews.com/mitt-romney/2012/01/24/whos-greedy-obama-gave-1-charity-romney-gave-15

Romney is a "mulit hundred millionaire" and he gives to his church which receives 7 billion a year from it's sheeple. Where are their great works of "help"? Their charitable causes?

They built an Emerald City style structure on the DC beltway. It's right near a railway bridge, and every few years someone tags the bridge with "Surrender Dorothy."

Funny ... Ayn Rand was against charitable giving.

LOL

She thought saying cigarette smoking gives you cancer was a conspiracy. When she developed cancer, relied on Medicare and Social Security. Two programs she wanted to be ended. Ryan said she is "required reading" to work in his office.

It's amazing to me that liberals have sunk so low that they would condemn Romney donating $5,000. worth of food.

And actually using the phrase "passing it off as a donation".

How vile can they get?

You simple shit. His campaign staff bought the groceries for a manufactured photo op. They wanted it to appear that Romney supporters were making the contributions. They even recycled some stuff from the front to the back, so they could make it appear as if more supporters were donating.

Besides, there's no evidence that campaign dollars weren't used for the staged event.

Obama Gave 1% to Charity

SOURCE:

Obama made more than $1 million every year since he has been in office. My definitions might be a little fuzzy hear, but I think that puts him into the multimillionaire category.

The FOX story is a lie.

I worked for The Salvation Army, everything helps. If the Red Cross can't figure out what to do with the clothes they don't deserve my money.

WHAT is wrong with giving what they can actually use? What is wrong with giving what is needed?

This is the same kind of thing that Mitt is doing. He wants to look like he gives a damn without actually doing anything. Our fellow Americans need more than a photo op.

Why don't you take a good long look at the photographs and videos from these decimated areas and then go look in the mirror.

Romney is boxing the food and shipping it to New Jersey at his own expense, that alone removes any objection the idiots that think money is better than food would have. On top of that, the Red Cross in New Jersey actually wants the food, which removes any objection nay idiot might have. He also had information on donating to the Red Cross displayed on two Jumbotrons on how to donate to the red cross using a cell phone.

Shipping it to New Jersey? With roads closed, airport closed and trains not running? In fact, I heard Cristie say earlier that people should stay home and not go to work until they get the roads cleared.

So who does he give it to? The Red Cross doesn't want it.

I know, he flies over New Jersey and drops it from his private jet one can at a time. Oh Mitt, you forgot the "cake". The Little People don't eat just "canned food", they also eat "cake". Everyone of Romney's ilk knows the Little People eat "cake".

Obama made more than $1 million every year since he has been in office. My definitions might be a little fuzzy hear, but I think that puts him into the multimillionaire category.

The FOX story is a lie.

That would have been about a quarter of his entire wealth. Good man.

I just posted a new thread about how Chris Christie and President Obama are working together for the good of the victims of Sandy.

THAT is what is needed now. Not the politicizing and exploitative photo ops from R&R.

BTW, anyone who pays attention to Andrea Mitchell knows that she is actually pretty conservative. But, she's been around a lot of years and doesn't put up with much in the way of lies and MitShit.

Andrea Mitchell is conservative?

:lol::lol::lol:
errr no

He bought $5000 worth of food, with his own money, and is donating it in order to make it look like they got food to donate.

Gotta admit, I didn't see that one.

Post a link saying it was campaign money.

The Making Of Romney's Storm Relief Event

The plan was for supporters to bring hurricane relief supplies to the event and then deliver the bags of canned goods, packages of diapers, and cases of water bottles to the candidate, who would be perched behind a table along with a slew of volunteers and his Ohio right-hand man, Senator Rob Portman. To complete the project and photo op, Romney would lead his crew in carrying the goods out of the gymnasium and into the Penske rental truck parked outside.

But the last-minute nature of the call for donations left some in the campaign concerned that they would end up with an empty truck. So the night before the event, campaign aides went to a local Wal-Mart and spent $5,000 on granola bars, canned food, and diapers to put on display while they waited for donations to come in, according to one staffer. (The campaign confirmed that it "did donate supplies to the relief effort," but would not specify how much it spent.)

Shipping it to New Jersey? With roads closed, airport closed and trains not running? In fact, I heard Cristie say earlier that people should stay home and not go to work until they get the roads cleared.

So who does he give it to? The Red Cross doesn't want it.

I know, he flies over New Jersey and drops it from his private jet one can at a time. Oh Mitt, you forgot the "cake". The Little People don't eat just "canned food", they also eat "cake". Everyone of Romney's ilk knows the Little People eat "cake".

Red Cross wants cash so they can afford to pay their CEO's six figure incomes. Why on earth would they want food and clothing for victims?

They need the $$$$$ for their *cough* administration fees.

Either you are as stupid as a brick or this is "satire". Which is it? I honestly can't tell.

Which part is satire?

That's my question.

If the Red Cross can't figure out what to do with the clothes they don't deserve my money.

They don't have the personnel to sort through stinky used clothes, some with "bugs". Probably not washed. And if they were yours? Well....

Try to figure out the difference between helping the poor and helping "disaster victims". If you have trouble, think "roads, planes, trains" and who has them and who doesn't and why that makes an impact.

If you still have trouble, ask and I will try to help. But I must say, well, nevermind.

Then they don't need my money, because that is what they are supposed to use it for, not for paying their employees 6 figure salaries.

By the way, why do they have donation boxes to take clothing if they don't want clothing?

Forum List

Back