Glen Beck packs a full House: Lincoln Memorial

In all fairness, from my perspective, you made it the point, again and again and again.

Think about the theme. Faith, Hope And Charity. What is the root??? Corinthian's Chapter 13. Big with the Southern Baptist's as far back as I can remember. You were probably raised with that as a common Bible study? From a Bible History perspective, every empire was influenced or effected by the Prophet's, right??? Abraham, David, Joseph, Jonah, Daniel were stories many of us grew up to.

When we separate Church and State, we separate and insulate both, to protect both, we separate Dogma from the lessons that we know to be true and of value, right. Do not steal, do not Murder, do not assault, do not lie under Oath, do not bear false witness, are valuable to both Church and State. We do not abandon virtue when we enter society, it is not offensive to the State because it was born of Religion. In civil society we do not distinguish between brands in relation to Church, We leave the Dogma at the door, not Reason.

Is it an offense for a Government to serve Justice??? Of Course not. Is it an offense for a Government to show charity within it's means? No? Is the focus here about doing what is right??? It could easily be.

And yet in reality I did NOT make that point. Not once did I refer to salvation other than to call you out for presenting a strawman so please get a better perspective. Hopefully one that doesn't include making shite up as you go along. Sorry if that seems a bit harsh to you but I don't like it when people try to put words into my mouth.

The funny thing is that in the end you seem to agree with what i have been saying this whole time and that it is not an offense for a government to show charity so thanks for backing me up.

I'm getting it a bit better now. It wasn't your cartoon, I missed that. That said it was in poor taste and in no way represented Beck's position on Faith, Hope and Charity. It did not represent Christ's position either, he was a Minister, not a Politician. Not His Kingdom, not of this World., treasures in Heaven. God may have instructed Kings through the Prophet's, Christ had other priorities. Christ was about putting God First in All things. Repentance, healing, Reconciliation, Salvation.

Government keeping out of matters of salvation is not meant to be a red herring, but a realization that Government, not being God, not being perfect, is not infallible. It does make mistakes, it does exercise poor judgement, it does intrude, it does overstep. That can interfere with matters of Salvation. This is meant as a warning.

Government is no Substitute for the Will of God. It can find accordance, it cannot over rule.
Remember what Thoreau said in Civil Disobedience????? It was profound.

[17] They who know of no purer sources of truth, who have traced up its stream no higher, stand, and wisely stand, by the Bible and the Constitution, and drink at it there with reverence and humility; but they who behold where it comes trickling into this lake or that pool, gird up their loins once more, and continue their pilgrimage toward its fountain-head.

[18] No man with a genius for legislation has appeared in America. They are rare in the history of the world. There are orators, politicians, and eloquent men, by the thousand; but the speaker has not yet opened his mouth to speak who is capable of settling the much-vexed questions of the day. We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire. Our legislators have not yet learned the comparative value of free-trade and of freedom, of union, and of rectitude, to a nation. They have no genius or talent for comparatively humble questions of taxation and finance, commerce and manufacturers and agriculture. If we were left solely to the wordy wit of legislators in Congress for our guidance, uncorrected by the seasonable experience and the effectual complaints of the people, America would not long retain her rank among the nations. For eighteen hundred years, though perchance I have no right to say it, the New Testament has been written; yet where is the legislator who has wisdom and practical talent enough to avail himself of the light which it sheds on the science of legislation?

[19] The authority of government, even such as I am willing to submit to — for I will cheerfully obey those who know and can do better than I, and in many things even those who neither know nor can do so well — is still an impure one: to be strictly just, it must have the sanction and consent of the governed. It can have no pure right over my person and property but what I concede to it. The progress from an absolute to a limited monarchy, from a limited monarchy to a democracy, is a progress toward a true respect for the individual. Even the Chinese philosopher (8) was wise enough to regard the individual as the basis of the empire. Is a democracy, such as we know it, the last improvement possible in government? Is it not possible to take a step further towards recognizing and organizing the rights of man? There will never be a really free and enlightened State until the State comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived, and treats him accordingly. I please myself with imagining a State at least which can afford to be just to all men, and to treat the individual with respect as a neighbor; which even would not think it inconsistent with its own repose if a few were to live aloof from it, not meddling with it, nor embraced by it, who fulfilled all the duties of neighbors and fellow-men. A State which bore this kind of fruit, and suffered it to drop off as fast as it ripened, would prepare the way for a still more perfect and glorious State, which also I have imagined, but not yet anywhere seen.

Thoreau's Civil Disobedience - with annotated text

Thanks again for agreeing with my previous argument. Other than that I cannot be held responsible for the strip nor do I care to comment on it. I am only using it as a reference point to show where the debate between dive and I began as well as to show what dive was responding to when he presented his verse and how it did not show how jesus prohibited the government from doing what was listed in the strip.
Oh well. thanks for posts, I don't see what they have to do with what was being discussed but thanks anyway. LOL

no, you are a delusional pathetic pathological LIAR

Well I have to go for the evening and it's obvious that since being owned you have nothing real to offer but in closing I would like to speak to you on your level.

"I know you are but what am I?"

LOL

You are like a hamster on crack, perpetually running along on your little hamster wheel. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aww and you were behaving so well up to that point. LOL

Tell me, are they like hamsters on crack with their endless trolling and lame attempts to attack the messenger to avoid the message or does your obvious hypocrisy prevent you from applying the same standard to them??

God I wish we could get past this. What is the spiritual or social value to this line of reasoning????? Christ's message was not about Government Reform or Structure. His message was about surviving it with one's Soul intact. The only thing you prove is how vital his being here was. :):):):):) Thank You for the reminder.

And i never said Christ's message was about government reform SO why do you continue to imply that I did??
However, when dive responded to my post with the verse that HE posted, he did try to argue that jesus's message was about the government.

So perhaps you should stop trying to put words into my mouth and address what has actually been said for a change. Or is that too much to ask of you?

So in other words you can't show that anyone is actually doing what you claimed?? Got it. That is all you had to say so why not just come out and say it? LOL

The people who are doing it would refuse to admit it.

Maybe IF you named "them" and provided a detailed explanation to show that to be the case then there would actually be something to discuss but as it is now all there is, is you making an accusation.

Yeah I didn't post the cartoon MORON. LOL thanks for lying AGAIN. LOL

Still doesn't change the fact that you went willingly down that path and then tried to dishonestly blame me for your predicament and contradiction. Another LIE on your part. Damn you make this too easy. LOL

It also doesn't change the fact that you posted a scripture as a lame attempt to spin a lie and I called you out on it and since then you have been trying desperately to spin your way out of it.

Oh well I am through with you for the night. gtg but don't worry I will be back tomorrow to conitune your humiliation. LOL
cant read, dipshit?

Hey you are the one that shows how bipolar you are in one thread as you take two opposing positions, that is your problem NOT mine.

BTW, Still doesn't change the fact that you went willingly down that path and then tried to dishonestly blame me for your predicament and contradiction. Another LIE on your part. Damn you make this too easy. LOL

It also doesn't change the fact that you posted a scripture as a lame attempt to spin a lie and I called you out on it and since then you have been trying desperately to spin your way out of it.

LOL Your continued avoidance exposes your dishonesty and lack of integrity. Keep it up. This is fun. LOL
wow, nice projection attempt

God I wish we could get past this. What is the spiritual or social value to this line of reasoning????? Christ's message was not about Government Reform or Structure. His message was about surviving it with one's Soul intact. The only thing you prove is how vital his being here was. :):):):):) Thank You for the reminder.

And i never said Christ's message was about government reform SO why do you continue to imply that I did??
However, when dive responded to my post with the verse that HE posted, he did try to argue that jesus's message was about the government.

So perhaps you should stop trying to put words into my mouth and address what has actually been said for a change. Or is that too much to ask of you?
no, i did NOT you stupid pathetic LIAR

A full house is not the only thingy that Beck packs.
True that!......He now has to pack heat because of the liberal loons and their death threats. Has to pack bodyguards wherever he goes because of liberal death threats. Has to pack bodyguards for his family, that would include his CHILDREN because of liberal death threats. Has to pack a bullet proof vest because of liberal death threats.

Yeah, those scurvy infested liberal loons sure are a peaceful and tolerant people alright!

Well I have to go for the evening and it's obvious that since being owned you have nothing real to offer but in closing I would like to speak to you on your level.

"I know you are but what am I?"

LOL

You are like a hamster on crack, perpetually running along on your little hamster wheel. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aww and you were behaving so well up to that point. LOL

Tell me, are they like hamsters on crack with their endless trolling and lame attempts to attack the messenger to avoid the message or does your obvious hypocrisy prevent you from applying the same standard to them??

In truth I think you are diverted from Dives Point, caught in a tangent. What do you think Christ meant by the Quote????? From Post #1057

Keep in mind that the Chief Priests and the Scribes were offended by Jesus, and were trying to trick him. He knew this at the time and answered thus.

Do you know what the phrase mean's???

Luke 20:25 And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's.

Mark 12:17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Matthew 22:21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

and you have shown you dont have clue ONE what the words of Jesus i posted mean

Thanks for trolling but the FACT remains that your own words show you to be dishonest.

here is the comic strip

Glenn+Beck+as+Jesus.jpg

This is what I posted

and this was your response

"render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's"

Your response does not show that jesus said the government should not do the things listed in the strip. You lose, AGAIN. LOL

Do you know what the phrase mean's???

Luke 20:25 And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's.

Mark 12:17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Matthew 22:21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Let's borrow from Luke's perspective..... Other than the obvious pattern of entrapment, what do you see here???? What is absent????? How much concern did Christ show towards Political Science or Politics?????

The Holy Bible

20:17 And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?

20:18 Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

20:19 And the chief priests and the scribes the same hour sought to lay hands on him; and they feared the people: for they perceived that he had spoken this parable against them.

20:20 And they watched him, and sent forth spies, which should feign themselves just men, that they might take hold of his words, that so they might deliver him unto the power and authority of the governor.

20:21 And they asked him, saying, Master, we know that thou sayest and teachest rightly, neither acceptest thou the person of any, but teachest the way of God truly:

20:22 Is it lawful for us to give tribute unto Caesar, or no?

20:23 But he perceived their craftiness, and said unto them, Why tempt ye me?

20:24 Shew me a penny. Whose image and superscription hath it? They answered and said, Caesar's.

20:25 And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's.

20:26 And they could not take hold of his words before the people: and they marvelled at his answer, and held their peace.

20:27 Then came to him certain of the Sadducees, which deny that there is any resurrection; and they asked him,

20:28 Saying, Master, Moses wrote unto us, If any man's brother die, having a wife, and he die without children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.

20:29 There were therefore seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and died without children.

20:30 And the second took her to wife, and he died childless.

20:31 And the third took her; and in like manner the seven also: and they left no children, and died.

20:32 Last of all the woman died also.

20:33 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife of them is she? for seven had her to wife.

20:34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:

20:35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

20:37 Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.

20:38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

20:39 Then certain of the scribes answering said, Master, thou hast well said.

20:40 And after that they durst not ask him any question at all.

20:41 And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son?

20:42 And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

20:43 Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

20:44 David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

20:45 Then in the audience of all the people he said unto his disciples,

20:46 Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts;

20:47 Which devour widows' houses, and for a shew make long prayers: the same shall receive greater damnation.

The Holy Bible

Christ was not here to fix Government, He was here to Rescue Souls.

Christ in effect had little or nothing to say to Government at all. He even refused to defend Himself against Pilot. He in no way supported Government's Welfare State. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are a Pisser. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Christ in effect had little or nothing to say to Government at all. He even refused to defend Himself against Pilot. He in no way supported Government's Welfare State. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are a Pisser. :lol: :lol: :lol:
you mean smith is the pisser ;)

True that!......He now has to pack heat because of the liberal loons and their death threats. Has to pack bodyguards wherever he goes because of liberal death threats. Has to pack bodyguards for his family, that would include his CHILDREN because of liberal death threats. Has to pack a bullet proof vest because of liberal death threats.

Yeah, those scurvy infested liberal loons sure are a peaceful and tolerant people alright!

Well, if he can't take the heat he ought to stay out of the kitchen. What's happening to beck is his own bad karma.

Well, if he can't take the heat he ought to stay out of the kitchen. What's happening to beck is his own bad karma.
So, speaking the truth requires a death sentence in the liberal mind.....Interesting.

So, speaking the truth requires a death sentence in the liberal mind.....Interesting.

Beck is a pathological liar. He is also a journalistic whore and a faux history professor.

No need to get paranoid about it.

I think there is definitely temptation and the risk of crash and burn. He could go either way in the end, I'm in his corner unless or until he crosses over to the dark side.

Beck is a pathological liar. He is also a journalistic whore and a faux history professor.

Basically, the same can be said about Obama so, I guess death threats are in order for him?

Seriously, you libs are friggin' nuts!:cuckoo:

Basically, the same can be said about Obama so, I guess death threats are in order for him?

I am not the one talking about death threats but you are. You are trying to justify death threats against Obama because they have been made, so you claim, by liberals.

Consider this. Two wrongs do not make a right.

I am not the one talking about death threats but you are. You are trying to justify death threats against Obama because they have been made, so you claim, by liberals.

Consider this. Two wrongs do not make a right.
he wasnt justifying anything, that was YOU
you tried to say Beck deserved the death threats

Forum List

Back