Global Warming Actually Still Accelerating - no "lull"

By the way, they aren't political scientists, and even if they were, they'd still be wrong. One's a friggin massage therapist, and another is a drop out, and nearly all have been paid by or are otherwise associated with the Petroleum and mining industries, and all have vested interests in promoting disinformation about global warming, whereas climate scientists get paid whether or not global warming is a problem.

Don't know how could mistake what I was saying about the AUDIENCE for this AGW road show being composed of political scientists. And that the story had to be simple enough for their consumption.. Lemme be specific here. It would be all the National delegations to the UN who have hijacked the science lead on this circus. All their heads of state waiting for me to cut them a check for their fair redistribution of damages. It would complete nincompoops like Henry Waxman and Barb Boxer and Barack Obama. The latter of whom are out in full campaign mode stepping up the lying with dousys like we're "warming quicker than ever predicted". It would be Senate Panels composed of con artist scientists bought by government money that makes claims like AGW killed 19 firefighters in Arizona..

THOSE political scientists.. And a public and media who now feels justified blaming every storm and weather event on the bastard child of your AGW --- "climate change"..

We can start and end our agreement on CO2 as a mere TRIGGER for events that you fully believe will destroy a very fragile Earth. A warming of about 1.1degC for the current doubling is the first pass at CO2 consequences. Everything ELSE exists only in the Matrix of BAD science. Where models BUILT on a CO2 thesis predict horrendous consequences BEYOND the ability of CO2 to warm the atmos..

That's where we part ways. I don't even like the accounting for "man's contributions" to CO2 since they are rigged by including herds of domestic cattle and forest fires.
The rigging doesn't stop there. We have IPCC reports that misrepresent the 1.2W/m2 solar forcing that's occurred in the past 200 yrs in a DESPARATE attempt to keep the AGW for Morons theory uncomplicated. And a range of projected Climate Sensitivities so wide -- you just have to chuckle when you hear the "science is settled"...

We have the daily Vegas Sport Bets desk at GISS where they are still hacking away to hide the warming in the 1930s and the MWPeriod.

And all YOU want to talk about is a couple bloggers and the oil companies. And pretend that the story of Venus is all about CO2 also..

We're just pawns in the plans of the UN and some of YOUR politicians who are riding this jackass all the way to the end..

When you decide to start having a coherent discussion on the science again, do let me know.

Those are the underlying motivating facts of this debate.. The lead science is being driven and directed by POLITICAL goals.. Whether they be UN administration of a Global redistribution program or complete central control of the energy sector of OUR economy.

You can't get more real or cogent that that...

These are REAL comments on the prime drivers of this debate..
Do try to ignore the significance of them..

"We need to get some broad based support, to capture the public's imagination... So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements and make little mention of any doubts... Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest." - Stephen Schneider, lead author of many IPCC reports

"Unless we announce disasters no one will listen." - Sir John Houghton, first chairman of IPCC

"It doesn't matter what is true, it only matters what people believe is true." - Paul Watson, co-founder of Greenpeace

"We've got to ride this global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic and environmental policy." - Timothy Wirth, President of the UN Foundation

"No matter if the science of global warming is all phony... climate change provides the greatest opportunity to bring about justice and equality in the world." - Christine Stewart, fmr Canadian Minister of the Environment

"The only way to get our society to truly change is to frighten people with the possibility of a catastrophe." - emeritus professor Daniel Botkin

"Isn't the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn't it our responsibility to bring that about?" - Maurice Strong, founder of the UN Environment Program

Who do you think the IPCC reports are WRITTEN FOR??? And what is the percentage of NON-PHYSICAL SCIENCE contributors???

We are a footnote to this skirmish with all our lofty scientific posturing..

venusmar1.jpg

Atmosphere

Surface pressure
92 bar (9.2 MPa)

Composition

~96.5% carbon dioxide
~3.5% nitrogen
0.015% sulfur dioxide
0.007% argon
0.002% water vapour
0.0017% carbon monoxide
0.0012% helium
0.0007% neon
trace carbonyl sulfide
trace hydrogen chloride
trace hydrogen fluoride

Mean surface temp. Kelvin = 735 K = Celsius 462 °C

Any questions?

By the way, they aren't political scientists, and even if they were, they'd still be wrong. One's a friggin massage therapist, and another is a drop out, and nearly all have been paid by or are otherwise associated with the Petroleum and mining industries, and all have vested interests in promoting disinformation about global warming, whereas climate scientists get paid whether or not global warming is a problem.

LOL

Seriously?

That's all you got?

Venus

LOL

Venus is hot because of gas pressure, not CO2 greenhouse

What fucking morons these AGW Culters are

No, man hasn't ever done that before. Now, can you point to a time when the weather we are experiencing today has NEVER HAPPENED before? What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

You have now made a claim.

Back it up....

Shakun, Marcott, Clark and Mix show that temperatures have not risen at the current rate at any other time in the last 22,000 years. The Vostok ice cores that CO2 levels have not risen at the current rate or to current levels at any time in the last 800,000 years.

Venus is hot because of gas pressure, not CO2 greenhouse

What fucking morons these AGW Culters are

Frank, what grade did you get in themodynamics and heat transfer? Are you familiar with the term "adiabatic"? Have you ever heard of the Kelvin-Helmholtz Mechanism? Why don't you look those up and think about Venus for a wee.

LOL, you all knew it was coming....

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

YEP, I called it.. ME..I said it.. I said organman was a clone and he would show it soon enough and over the last few days he not only showed it, but did so in record time.. Another one of those "I'm a climate science expert here are my credentials now you must be quiet while I speak" socks...

It's okay, no apologies necessary.. ROFL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEbSABWJiJc]Back off man, I'm a scientist. (Bill Murray in Ghostbusters) - YouTube[/ame]

venusmar1.jpg

Atmosphere

Surface pressure
92 bar (9.2 MPa)

Composition

~96.5% carbon dioxide
~3.5% nitrogen
0.015% sulfur dioxide
0.007% argon
0.002% water vapour
0.0017% carbon monoxide
0.0012% helium
0.0007% neon
trace carbonyl sulfide
trace hydrogen chloride
trace hydrogen fluoride

Mean surface temp. Kelvin = 735 K = Celsius 462 °C

Any questions?

Don't know how could mistake what I was saying about the AUDIENCE for this AGW road show being composed of political scientists. And that the story had to be simple enough for their consumption.. Lemme be specific here. It would be all the National delegations to the UN who have hijacked the science lead on this circus. All their heads of state waiting for me to cut them a check for their fair redistribution of damages. It would complete nincompoops like Henry Waxman and Barb Boxer and Barack Obama. The latter of whom are out in full campaign mode stepping up the lying with dousys like we're "warming quicker than ever predicted". It would be Senate Panels composed of con artist scientists bought by government money that makes claims like AGW killed 19 firefighters in Arizona..

THOSE political scientists.. And a public and media who now feels justified blaming every storm and weather event on the bastard child of your AGW --- "climate change"..

We can start and end our agreement on CO2 as a mere TRIGGER for events that you fully believe will destroy a very fragile Earth. A warming of about 1.1degC for the current doubling is the first pass at CO2 consequences. Everything ELSE exists only in the Matrix of BAD science. Where models BUILT on a CO2 thesis predict horrendous consequences BEYOND the ability of CO2 to warm the atmos..

That's where we part ways. I don't even like the accounting for "man's contributions" to CO2 since they are rigged by including herds of domestic cattle and forest fires.
The rigging doesn't stop there. We have IPCC reports that misrepresent the 1.2W/m2 solar forcing that's occurred in the past 200 yrs in a DESPARATE attempt to keep the AGW for Morons theory uncomplicated. And a range of projected Climate Sensitivities so wide -- you just have to chuckle when you hear the "science is settled"...

We have the daily Vegas Sport Bets desk at GISS where they are still hacking away to hide the warming in the 1930s and the MWPeriod.

And all YOU want to talk about is a couple bloggers and the oil companies. And pretend that the story of Venus is all about CO2 also..

We're just pawns in the plans of the UN and some of YOUR politicians who are riding this jackass all the way to the end..

When you decide to start having a coherent discussion on the science again, do let me know.

images

"We got no science, but we got a tree ring circus, sOn"

Back in the Realm of Reality, the Arctic has the shortest, coldest summer on record.

North Pole Sees Unprecedented July Cold – Arctic Sees Shortest Summer On Record — ‘Normally the high Arctic has about 90 days above freezing. This year there was less than half that’

Unprecedented July Cold – Arctic Sees Shortest Summer On Record

“Normally the high Arctic has about 90 days above freezing. This year there was less than half that,” says Steven Goddard website.

“The Arctic ice extent is showing a remarkable recovery from the great oscillations of 2012,” says Guimaraes. “Compare with the previous years listed there, you’ll see that 2004 is the year that is closest to 2013 in terms of average temps during the summer.”
(You can compare by looking at the Archives (Arkiv) on the left side of the page.)

North Pole Sees Unprecedented July Cold ? Arctic Sees Shortest Summer On Record ? ?Normally the high Arctic has about 90 days above freezing. This year there was less than half that? | Climate Depot

Those are the underlying motivating facts of this debate.. The lead science is being driven and directed by POLITICAL goals.. Whether they be UN administration of a Global redistribution program or complete central control of the energy sector of OUR economy.

You can't get more real or cogent that that...

You might if you had any evidence.

Back in the Realm of Reality, the Arctic has the shortest, coldest summer on record.

North Pole Sees Unprecedented July Cold – Arctic Sees Shortest Summer On Record — ‘Normally the high Arctic has about 90 days above freezing. This year there was less than half that’

“Normally the high Arctic has about 90 days above freezing. This year there was less than half that,” says Steven Goddard website.

“The Arctic ice extent is showing a remarkable recovery from the great oscillations of 2012,” says Guimaraes. “Compare with the previous years listed there, you’ll see that 2004 is the year that is closest to 2013 in terms of average temps during the summer.”
(You can compare by looking at the Archives (Arkiv) on the left side of the page.)

North Pole Sees Unprecedented July Cold ? Arctic Sees Shortest Summer On Record ? ?Normally the high Arctic has about 90 days above freezing. This year there was less than half that? | Climate Depot

From the Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis, National Snow and Ice Data Center

A change of pace
July 17, 2013
Sea ice extent retreated fairly rapidly through the first two weeks of July as a high pressure cell moved into the central Arctic, bringing warmer temperatures over much of the Arctic Ocean. Ice extent remains below average on the Atlantic side of the Arctic, and is near average to locally above average in the Beaufort and Chukchi seas and along much of the Eurasian coast.

Overview of conditions

While the rate of Arctic sea ice loss is normally fastest during July, the warmest month of the year, ice loss was even faster than usual over the first two weeks of July 2013. As a result, on July 15 extent came within 540,000 square kilometers (208,000 square miles) of that seen in 2012 on the same date. The ice loss is dominated by retreat on the Atlantic side of the Arctic, including the East Greenland, Kara and Laptev seas, and Baffin Bay. In the Beaufort and Chukchi seas and much of the Eurasian coast, the ice cover remains fairly extensive, especially compared to recent summers. Compared to the 1981 to 2010 average, ice extent on July 15, 2013 was 1.06 million square kilometers (409,000 square miles) below average.

Conditions in context

During the first two weeks of July, ice extent declined at a rate of 132,000 square kilometers (51,000 square miles) per day. This was 61% faster than the average rate of decline over the period 1981 to 2010 of 82,000 square kilometers (32,000 square miles) per day. The fast pace of ice loss was dominated by retreat in the Kara and East Greenland seas, where the ice loss rate from July 1 to 12 was -16,409 and -17,678 square kilometers (-6,336 and -6,826 square miles) per day, respectively. The Laptev Sea ice retreated at about half that rate, at -8,810 square kilometers (-3,402 square miles) per day. In contrast, on the Pacific side, sea ice has been slow to retreat. During the first part of July, the rate of ice loss in the Beaufort and Chukchi seas was only -3,375 and -6,829 square kilometers (-1,303 and -2,637 square miles), respectively.

A change in the weather

Temperatures at the 925 hPa level for the first two weeks in July were 1 to 3 degrees Celsius (2 to 5 degrees Fahrenheit) above average over much of the Arctic Ocean and as much as 5 degrees Celsius (9 degrees Fahrenheit) above average over the Kara Sea, where ice loss was pronounced. In contrast, temperatures over Alaska, Siberia and the Canadian Arctic were 3 to 5 degrees Celsius (5 to 9 degrees Fahrenheit) lower than average.

Warmer conditions have been paired with a shift in the atmospheric circulation, with a high pressure cell at sea level pressure moving into the central Arctic, replacing then pattern of low pressure that dominated the month of June. This has helped to bring in warm air from the south over the Arctic Ocean. This pattern has also helped to create open water areas in the Laptev Sea because offshore winds push the ice away from shore.

*****************************************************************************************************

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

Last edited:

images

"We got no science, but we got a tree ring circus, sOn"

I have no doubt that you do have a three ringed circus. It's clear that you are one of the clowns. I hate clowns. :)

Are we resorting to discussions of the weather, now? I thought this thread was about climate change, not changes in weather. By the way, your 'forecast' for the Arctic is wrong.

Last edited:
Really? You can point out where in the past human beings have pumped billions of tons per year of CO2 into the atmosphere? Really? You can do that? You can cite a single case where that much human-made CO2 was pumped into the atmosphere in the relatively short time period of 150 years? You can cite a single instance of this happening naturally? A single instance where it resulted in the melting of the Arctic ice pack and initiated the melting of the permafrost? Wow, I'd love to see this. (this should be good).

By the way, Do you suggest that human-emitted CO2 is having no effect on the atmosphere, no effect on the oceans? No effect on human and other populations? If this is your suggestion, then how can you, with a straight face, suggest that it happens naturally with the same results? And where is your evidence that it is happening NOW naturally? If human -emitted CO2 is not the cause of the rise in atmospheric CO2 and resultant rise in temperatures, when were is the CO2 coming from? Where is the heat coming from? And more importantly, where is our CO2 going, if not into the atmosphere and the oceans?

No, man hasn't ever done that before. Now, can you point to a time when the weather we are experiencing today has NEVER HAPPENED before? What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

You have now made a claim.

Back it up....

So you are not going to answer any of my questions? Did you gloss over them? Were the words too complicated for you to understand? Let me repeat them, in case you somehow missed them:

You can point out where in the past human beings have pumped billions of tons per year of CO2 into the atmosphere? Really? You can do that? You can cite a single case where that much human-made CO2 was pumped into the atmosphere in the relatively short time period of 150 years? You can cite a single instance of this happening naturally? A single instance where it resulted in the melting of the Arctic ice pack and initiated the melting of the permafrost? Wow, I'd love to see this. (this should be good).

By the way, Do you suggest that human-emitted CO2 is having no effect on the atmosphere, no effect on the oceans? No effect on human and other populations? If this is your suggestion, then how can you, with a straight face, suggest that it happens naturally with the same results? And where is your evidence that it is happening NOW naturally? If human -emitted CO2 is not the cause of the rise in atmospheric CO2 and resultant rise in temperatures, when were is the CO2 coming from? Where is the heat coming from? And more importantly, where is our CO2 going, if not into the atmosphere and the oceans?

Do you really want to stick with "No, man hasn't ever done that before" as your response to all of those questions? Think it through before you respond.

Are you blind? I DID answer your question. Go back and read what I wrote. Now, answer my question. If what you claim is true...that all of the weather we are seeing is based on mans CO2 contribution to the atmospheric budget, then, logically, there can be NO PRIOR EXAMPLES of the weather you are using as your examples.

You see dear boy, that's how science works.

So, what weather "events" do you claim as evidence that have never happened before. Be very specific....that's how science works. MEASURABLE claims and theories.

From the Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis, National Snow and Ice Data Center

A change of pace
July 17, 2013
Sea ice extent retreated fairly rapidly through the first two weeks of July as a high pressure cell moved into the central Arctic, bringing warmer temperatures over much of the Arctic Ocean. Ice extent remains below average on the Atlantic side of the Arctic, and is near average to locally above average in the Beaufort and Chukchi seas and along much of the Eurasian coast.

Overview of conditions

While the rate of Arctic sea ice loss is normally fastest during July, the warmest month of the year, ice loss was even faster than usual over the first two weeks of July 2013. As a result, on July 15 extent came within 540,000 square kilometers (208,000 square miles) of that seen in 2012 on the same date. The ice loss is dominated by retreat on the Atlantic side of the Arctic, including the East Greenland, Kara and Laptev seas, and Baffin Bay. In the Beaufort and Chukchi seas and much of the Eurasian coast, the ice cover remains fairly extensive, especially compared to recent summers. Compared to the 1981 to 2010 average, ice extent on July 15, 2013 was 1.06 million square kilometers (409,000 square miles) below average.

Conditions in context

During the first two weeks of July, ice extent declined at a rate of 132,000 square kilometers (51,000 square miles) per day. This was 61% faster than the average rate of decline over the period 1981 to 2010 of 82,000 square kilometers (32,000 square miles) per day. The fast pace of ice loss was dominated by retreat in the Kara and East Greenland seas, where the ice loss rate from July 1 to 12 was -16,409 and -17,678 square kilometers (-6,336 and -6,826 square miles) per day, respectively. The Laptev Sea ice retreated at about half that rate, at -8,810 square kilometers (-3,402 square miles) per day. In contrast, on the Pacific side, sea ice has been slow to retreat. During the first part of July, the rate of ice loss in the Beaufort and Chukchi seas was only -3,375 and -6,829 square kilometers (-1,303 and -2,637 square miles), respectively.

A change in the weather

Temperatures at the 925 hPa level for the first two weeks in July were 1 to 3 degrees Celsius (2 to 5 degrees Fahrenheit) above average over much of the Arctic Ocean and as much as 5 degrees Celsius (9 degrees Fahrenheit) above average over the Kara Sea, where ice loss was pronounced. In contrast, temperatures over Alaska, Siberia and the Canadian Arctic were 3 to 5 degrees Celsius (5 to 9 degrees Fahrenheit) lower than average.

Warmer conditions have been paired with a shift in the atmospheric circulation, with a high pressure cell at sea level pressure moving into the central Arctic, replacing then pattern of low pressure that dominated the month of June. This has helped to bring in warm air from the south over the Arctic Ocean. This pattern has also helped to create open water areas in the Laptev Sea because offshore winds push the ice away from shore.

*****************************************************************************************************

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

And back to the real world... The Arctic ice melt has slowed one month earlier than normal...

Going to have to come up with a new "theory" to 'splain that one LUUUUCCYYY!

Arctic-starts-refreeze.gif

ssmi1_ice_area.png

http://arctic-roos.org/observations/satellite-data/sea-ice/observation_images/ssmi1_ice_area.png

You realize how funny and stupid you AGW Culters are, right?

I have always associated the state of stupidity with making an excess of mistakes. That leads me to find your comment above ironic in the extreme...Frank.

For once you said something factual..... OF course it really affects the AGW supporters who have been wrong for going on thirty years now, but hey, you may actually hit one of your predictions....after the fact as you always seem to do...but hey it's a beginning...sort of:lol::lol::lol:

The Arctic ice melt has slowed one month earlier than normal...

You actually think that hiccup is the end of the summer ice season?!?! Wow... I see similar upward transients in half a dozen years' data on that plot. Do you need glasses?

This goes right along with your snowy photographs submitted as powerful evidence that warming was a scam. You are cherry-picking "evidence" and giving everything you find the friendliest, possible interpretation. Let's keep track of this post of yours and see if this is indeed summer's last hurrah. Should be fun.

Last edited:
The Arctic ice melt has slowed one month earlier than normal...

You actually think that hiccup is the end of the summer ice season?!?! Wow... I see similar upward transients in half a dozen years' data on that plot. Do you need glasses?

This goes right along with your snowy photographs submitted as powerful evidence that warming was a scam. You are cherry-picking "evidence" and giving everything you find the friendliest, possible interpretation. Let's keep track of this post of yours and see if this is indeed summer's last hurrah. Should be fun.

We WILL be keeping track of this. Believe you me! And where exactly did I say this was the end of the summer cycle? I merely stated that the rate had slowed a month earlier than usual. You really DO have a reading comprehension issue don't you?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back