Go ahead, keep attacking Ashley Judd

An attractive female Democrat is about as common as black lesbian Republican. No wonder they're making a big deal of her.

7th post compared too Palin.
Time too treat Ashley Jugs like they did Palin.

what has the airhead accomplished in life, reading and memorizing a script and play acting

Just the type of people liberals love...shallow

Oh the irony! Read the two quotes above, followed by "shallow".....

"what has the airhead accomplished in life, reading and memorizing a script and play acting?"
We could ask... Ronald Reagan
or Fred Thompson
or Arnold Schwarzenegger
or Sonny Bono
or Shirley Temple Black

Not to mention uh, Rand Paul (who was a doctor before election) and the guy he replaced, Jim Bunning (baseball pitcher) -- both of whom acquired office by virtue of name recognition.

What should a potential senator have "accomplished"?

Last edited:
Last edited:
mountain-here-feat.jpg

Mountaintop Removal Mining: Risky Business

man oh man..
then you should move into a cave and burn cow dung for heat
Oil & coal will be as dated as burning dung before you know it.

man oh man..

Sure. What's your point?

Coal, hydro, solar and air will all be dated at some point as well. Hell, everything that we currently use will be dated at some point. Oil is not dated at the moment and is unlikely to be so in the next decade. There is simply nothing you can do about that in the short term.

man oh man..

Sure. What's your point?

Coal, hydro, solar and air will all be dated at some point as well. Hell, everything that we currently use will be dated at some point. Oil is not dated at the moment and is unlikely to be so in the next decade. There is simply nothing you can do about that in the short term.

But, but, wait, liberals are just trying to save us from ourselves ! We must stop burning fossil fuels at once !

link freedombecki? :eusa_whistle:

Look don't press it sport She made a mistake. She mistakenly said Ashley Juggs when she was thinking about Winona Ryder
You're right bigreb. I was wrong and changed my post accordingly. I got the two women confused, and I don't know why. :redface:
Don't sweat it. I realized who you were talking about the first time. The drama bitches should have also so, but they had to try and bust your chops over a simple mistake.
Typical

Sure. What's your point?

But, but, wait, liberals are just trying to save us from ourselves ! We must stop burning fossil fuels at once !

Just stop blowing up Appalachian mountains for now...

Look don't press it sport She made a mistake. She mistakenly said Ashley Juggs when she was thinking about Winona Ryder
You're right bigreb. I was wrong and changed my post accordingly. I got the two women confused, and I don't know why. :redface:
Don't sweat it. I realized who you were talking about the first time. The drama bitches should have also so, but they had to try and bust your chops over a simple mistake.
Typical
It's okay, Bigreb. I made a mistake, and I had it coming. I apologize to Ashley Judd and her supporters for my mistake.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=uMRSVdSud-k#!]Ashley Judd speaks out against Mountain top removal coal mining - YouTube[/ame]

So that's Ashley Judd huh?
Impressive. If I were Flashbulb Man I'd be afraid... very afraid. No wonder the wingers are wetting their pants.

Btw see all those Kentuckians cheering and demonstrating? They're the ones I mentioned that don't cotton to having their hills blown up and their water polluted (and I assure you, there's better banjo pickin' in Kentucky...)

Hardly a day goes by — and, really, in this win-the-hour digital universe, hardly an hour goes by — without another Ashley Judd story.

.... Look, Judd is a story, so we make no apologies: She is considering a run against the most powerful Republican in the Senate and in Kentucky, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky. If she ran, Judd would be the first celebrity from the entertainment world to run for the Senate since “Saturday Night Live” alum Al Franken ran in Minnesota in 2008 — and won.

... Mind you, Judd has not announced her candidacy, nor started an exploratory committee, nor raised a dime of campaign money. She’s still thinking it over, with a promise to tell everybody on some day before the Kentucky Derby on May 4.

... Now, let’s be fair here: McConnell has had his share of press in all those venues over the months and years. But we are talking about coverage of Judd in all of the above this month. She also gets in publications and on websites McConnell does not: Variety, The Hollywood Reporter and, yes, The National Enquirer. Judd’s draw is international, too. She’s been covered by The Times of London, The Times of India, the BBC and China Daily, among others. So, Judd’s power of celebrity — not only the media attention but also the access to a broad list of potential donors — is a given.

McConnell has never faced that in an election. And so his campaign ran its first ad last week, a humorous one, ridiculing Judd and other potential Democratic candidates for being either indecisive, out of touch, ideologically unsuited and/or, in Judd’s case, out of state (she lives in Tennessee).

A Judd candidacy, should one materialize, also would be something new for Kentucky voters. A candidate who made her name in films, with total name recognition, would be unlikely to walk down empty sidewalks in Hazard or Paducah or Louisville; rustling up a crowd for a speech probably would not be a heavy lift.

I saw this phenomenon at work years ago in California.

One day, as the California Assembly (the lower house) was debating a bill, a hubbub erupted in the back of the chamber. The presiding lawmaker brought the debate to a halt: “Ladies and gentlemen, let’s suspend for a few minutes to welcome the former governor of California, Ronald Reagan!” Reagan, of course, was a former Hollywood actor. He had become a conservative voice in the Republican Party by 1964, and was elected governor of California two years later. In 1970, he was re-elected.

A former governor in the late 1970s, Reagan’s ability to draw a crowd or stop a legislature transcended the respect due his status as an ex-chief executive. He had a certain star power that had not dimmed, and it was about to shine even brighter.

The point is not that Reagan ended up winning the White House in 1980, but rather that his political trajectory got a push from his celebrity as an actor, helped along by his innate talent as a campaigner and a speaker able to articulate an ideological vision in a way that reached voters.

Sure. What's your point?

really, well who made you and Judd the gods of the mountains?
such shallow people, but judd will fit right in with the Democrats...they have the most shallow people in that party

really, well who made you and Judd the gods of the mountains?
such shallow people, but judd will fit right in with the Democrats...they have the most shallow people in that party

uhh.... who made mining companies the gods of blowing them up?
Mining companies that don't live there and don't have to, ya know, live with the consequences like the residents do? :bang3:

If that's not enough shallow, see post 161.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back