God Help Us All: Captain America Is Now A Negro!

What makes you say it's "solely a race based decision"?

This isn't the 70s anymore. Black superheroes aren't "shocking" any more, except to those few still obsessed with race.

it depends.......if a certain hero has been a white guy for 70 years....you just dont turn him black just because.....if you do call him something else.....they are doing another FF4 movie and Johnny Storm has been cast with a black actor??.......i bet blacks would have something to say if they made the Black Panther a white guy or Bishop.....just because....

They didn't turn Capt America into a black man. The original fictional character was killed in the story, and they had another fictional character take up the mantle of Capt America.

yea i know that....im talking about what they are going to do with Johnny Storm in the FF4 reboot....they are making Johnny a black guy....not making another guy who happens to be black the new Torch....

Are you saying that race doesn't exist and the only difference is skin color?

Race does exist. The human race. Though people like you remind me of chimps unfortunately you are part of that race. There are regional adaptations to the human race. That doesnt make them different races.

human is a species, not a race.
it helps if you actually understand the terms you use.

Humans are one species and one race. I don't let labels a white dude made up to feel superior dictate how i think. Sorry.

And as far as I know, there are two black superheroes in the Marvel Universe, one being the Black Panther, and the other being The Falcon. I two others in the DC universe as well, named Static Shock, based off of the Milestone Media Static comics, and Cyborg. However, I can see how The Falcon could become the next Captain America.

way more than 2......

Top Black Marvel Superheroes

Top Black DC Superheroes

Race does exist. The human race. Though people like you remind me of chimps unfortunately you are part of that race. There are regional adaptations to the human race. That doesnt make them different races.

Humans are one species and one race.

You clearly don't understand the terms you're using to "support" your flawed conclusion.

Luke Cage(Power Man) is the most popular black super hero in the world. More popular than Blade, both black.
Others include(Marvel) Night thrasher, Bishop, Blue Marvel(great read),Brother Voodoo, Captain Marvel II was a black woman, Deathlok, Goliath, Patriot, Rage, Storm, War Machine, just to list a few. And these are only Marvel characters.

The most famous black character might be Spawn, by Todd Macfarlane.

My favorites are Shadowman and Quantum both from Valiant comics.

My comic book knowledge pales in comparison to yours! Teach me your ways, O master! Seriously though, as you just pointed out, the Marvel Universe has plenty of black representatives. But Marvel was good on one, bad on the other.

Very well, go back to your youth and read 20 comic books a day, :lol:

I'm not sure what you mean by good on one, bad on the other. The problem with most black superheroes is that Marvel gave up on them too soon, with the exception being Luke Cage, and his series took off well when paired with a white guy(Iron Fist).

Like many things Marvel though, if you wait long enough, soon everyone becomes relevant, ask Rocket Raccoon, from the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie, his first Hulk appearance went from the dollar bins to around 500 now, in just under a year.

Good as in good choice for Captain America, and a bad move with Thor, for reasons I explained. I can't help but construe some of this as a bow to political correctness. But I hold out hope that these ideas were spawned out of pure originality. I have a ton of superhero movies though, which I compare to the original comics. So you can call me a purist.

Nerds of USMB unite! :D

And as far as I know, there are two black superheroes in the Marvel Universe, one being the Black Panther, and the other being The Falcon. I two others in the DC universe as well, named Static Shock, based off of the Milestone Media Static comics, and Cyborg. However, I can see how The Falcon could become the next Captain America.

way more than 2......

Top Black Marvel Superheroes

Top Black DC Superheroes

Like I said, Ulysses has me beat on comic book knowledge, and I forgot about Spawn, Blade and Warmachine.

You clearly don't understand the terms you're using to "support" your flawed conclusion.

Actually I do. i just don't subscribe to certain terms unless they ease communication. If you believe in the concept of race you are actually saying you believe you are inferior.

Race is a socilogical construct far more than a biological one that weak heads believe to be important.

Race is indeed a sociological construct. It can be helpful in differentiating one person from another. It would be a sad world if we were all one color. Same goes for male and female. The differences can be seen, and are as such, not constructed from weak minds.

Are you saying that the only difference between races is "skin color"?

No. It is a difference in genetics as well, human biology. We are all in fact human beings once we get down to it.

Actually I do. i just don't subscribe to certain terms unless they ease communication. If you believe in the concept of race you are actually saying you believe you are inferior.

Then, I would suggest for yours and liberals sakes, that you stop using race as a platform in campaigns. Clearly you believe in such a concept.

Then, I would suggest for yours and liberals sakes, that you stop using race as a platform in campaigns. Clearly you believe in such a concept.

What are you talking about?

Use any anthropological reference/source you like...see if "human" is a "race" or a "species".

What are you talking about?

You are a liberal are you not? Did your party in fact use the concept of race to get Obama elected? Do they still not use the concept of race to bludgeon others on social issues? So, in turn, do you acknowledge that you belong to a group who believes in the concept of race, thusly betraying your positions on the subject? As far as I see, liberals use the concept of race to make others feel inferior.

Rotagila, what TK and Asclepias are implying, each from their own perspective, is that race as such does not matter yet both left and right play race cards. They are both right.

Use any anthropological reference/source you like...see if "human" is a "race" or a "species".

Homo Sapiens is a species. Race is merely the genetic differences inherent to the species.

Race is indeed a sociological construct. It can be helpful in differentiating one person from another. It would be a sad world if we were all one color. Same goes for male and female. The differences can be seen, and are as such, not constructed from weak minds.

Are you saying that the only difference between races is "skin color"?

No. It is a difference in genetics as well, human biology. We are all in fact human beings once we get down to it.

No one denies that we are human. Where did you see that?

I said that "human" is a species, not a race. That is an undeniable fact....
Race exists and there are proven physical and biological differences between them.

Comics are a business about making money. You can argue that it's political correctness, but whether the statement is political or not, the primary driver is selling comics.

Anyone remember when Superman was a communist?

Who wrote this anthropological reference and when did they get my buy in?

Homo Sapiens is a species. Race is merely the genetic differences inherent to the species.

Right. All dogs are "canids"...but there are different breeds of dogs... There are physical and biological differences between rottweilers and chihuahuas...but they are both canids.

All of us (with neanderthal DNA) are "humans"....There are physical and biological differences between the races.

Who wrote this anthropological reference and when did they get my buy in?

Your "buy in" is completely irrelevant to the issue.

Human is a species, not a race.

Forum List

Back