God is bound to his own commandments

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Inspired by an unprecedented religious dream during this afternoon's nap, this thread.

Mother and Nest

""Master of the Universe! According to your holy Torah, we must let the mother live, and surely we must not take the mother and leave the children unattended.

"You, G-d, must fulfill the words of Your holy Torah. My sister and I are two little birds. My mother has died, and so our father has taken her place to care for us.

"According to Your Torah, dear G-d, You may take either me or my sister, but You may not take away my beloved father!"

Hearing the poignant plea of this innocent child, Rabbi Elazar's colleagues began to weep.

Suddenly, the room became silent, as a pillar of fire appeared, hovering over the bed of the departed. Everyone in the room ran out, and Rabbi Elazar's frightened colleagues wanted to do the same.

Rabbi Elazar calmed them, saying, "A great miracle is about to occur."

Out of the fiery pillar, a heavenly voice sounded: "Fortunate are you, Rabbi Yosi, to merit such a wise son whose justified complaints split the gates of heaven, ascending before G-d's Throne of Glory.

"A new verdict has been passed. You, Rabbi Yosi, will live twenty-two more years, in order to have the privilege of teaching this wise child."

Then, as suddenly as it had descended, the pillar disappeared, as Rabbi Yosi's eyes fluttered open."

Here it's made clear that at least as far as Judaism is concerned, God is in fact obliged to follow his own rules.

How might this effect our understanding of God and things that happen?

Inspired by an unprecedented religious dream during this afternoon's nap, this thread.

Mother and Nest

""Master of the Universe! According to your holy Torah, we must let the mother live, and surely we must not take the mother and leave the children unattended.

"You, G-d, must fulfill the words of Your holy Torah. My sister and I are two little birds. My mother has died, and so our father has taken her place to care for us.

"According to Your Torah, dear G-d, You may take either me or my sister, but You may not take away my beloved father!"

Hearing the poignant plea of this innocent child, Rabbi Elazar's colleagues began to weep.

Suddenly, the room became silent, as a pillar of fire appeared, hovering over the bed of the departed. Everyone in the room ran out, and Rabbi Elazar's frightened colleagues wanted to do the same.

Out of the fiery pillar, a heavenly voice sounded: "Fortunate are you, Rabbi Yosi, to merit such a wise son whose justified complaints split the gates of heaven, ascending before G-d's Throne of Glory.

"A new verdict has been passed. You, Rabbi Yosi, will live twenty-two more years, in order to have the privilege of teaching this wise child."

Then, as suddenly as it had descended, the pillar disappeared, as Rabbi Yosi's eyes fluttered open."

Here it's made clear that at least as far as Judaism is concerned, God is in fact obliged to follow his own rules.

The crazed ramblings of a madman. Someone please lock Delta away before he gets hold of something sharp and injures himself.

Mother and Nest

The difference between birds and humans is that in human families, if the mother and father both die, the child is not left unattended.

The Physical and Spiritual plains of existence were created by Elohim.
Elohim is the manifestation of God vis-a-vis the Laws of Physics and the Laws of Meta-Physics.
Man, the creature of Free Will manipulates the Spiritual Forces which give power to or take power away from the Physical existence.

Hashem is the manifestation of God outside the Laws of Physics and Meta-Physics.

Mother and Nest

Einstein said ----something like sorta -----not a direct quote ---sorta from
my memory "I do not believe in a "god" that plays dice with the universe"
That statement was a derived from his Talmudic background----IMO

Mother and Nest

Often we excuse things that happen as if to say God can break his own commandments. This story establishes he cannot. At least as far as Jews are concerned.

So when something happens that makes it look as though God is ignoring his own law how might this clarification change how we interpret such events?

Does God really have a fave politician, sports team, non-Jewish nation? In that Genesis thread wa sa bit in the 2nd quote about all the nations being subject to the Jewish nation. So how can God 'bless the USA?' Is the USA a Jewish nation? :)

I believe the Ten Commandments were designed with human Nature in mind and to keep human Nature in check. Who could possibly hope to comprehend the Nature of YHWH?

"How might this effect our understanding of God and things that happen?"

gods-finger.jpg

Mother and Nest

Often we excuse things that happen as if to say God can break his own commandments. This story establishes he cannot. At least as far as Jews are concerned.

So when something happens that makes it look as though God is ignoring his own law how might this clarification change how we interpret such events?

Does God really have a fave politician, sports team, non-Jewish nation? In that Genesis thread wa sa bit in the 2nd quote about all the nations being subject to the Jewish nation. So how can God 'bless the USA?' Is the USA a Jewish nation? :)

Of course he can break his own commandments. He always has.

If god is real, he hates, despises, reviles his own creation.

I believe the Ten Commandments were designed with human Nature in mind and to keep human Nature in check. Who could possibly hope to comprehend the Nature of YHWH?

No doubt. But if we assume God is real, why didn't God give them to Adam and Eve? Why'd he wait centuries if not millenia?

Mother and Nest

Of course he can break his own commandments. He always has.

If god is real, he hates, despises, reviles his own creation.

true-----but that is all the fun

Mother and Nest

why can't he bless a non fave? sheeeesh

No doubt. But if we assume God is real, why didn't God give them to Adam and Eve? Why'd he wait centuries if not millenia?

Because contrary to popular belief, I don't think God is all-knowing. It's like God(s) needed time to experience and understand his/ their creation. Before human Nature was as understood, God(s) were wrathful towards mankind, and punished us for being who He/ they designed us to be. Eventually mankind was taught ways to control and overcome our Nature, perhaps so that one day we might get over ourselves and prove ourselves worthy of reuniting with our Maker(s) in the Heavens.

Because contrary to popular belief, I don't think God is all-knowing. It's like God(s) needed time to experience and understand his/ their creation. Before human Nature was as understood, God(s) were wrathful towards mankind, and punished us for being who He/ they designed us to be. Eventually mankind was taught ways to control and overcome our Nature, perhaps so that one day we might get over ourselves and prove ourselves worthy of reuniting with our Maker(s) in the Heavens.

Ash... you should have stopped after the first sentence

Forum List

Back