God must be truly great

God must be truly great to make deformed babies.
Well, you would need to see the entire distribution to make that assessment. Why do you believe that everything must be perfect for there to be a God? Are you perfect?
I'm not god. But you're saying that god isn't any better than I am? Good to know. :biggrin:
No. I am saying that it illogical to believe that unless everything is perfect there can be no God.
So god isn't perfect and makes some fucked up things?

Like you? :lmao:
Oh sure, I'm not perfect. No one is. Why do you believe that would mean God isn't perfect?
You just said that god isn't perfect which is why he makes deformed babies. Try to keep up.

Well, you would need to see the entire distribution to make that assessment. Why do you believe that everything must be perfect for there to be a God? Are you perfect?
I'm not god. But you're saying that god isn't any better than I am? Good to know. :biggrin:
No. I am saying that it illogical to believe that unless everything is perfect there can be no God.

Oh sure, I'm not perfect. No one is. Why do you believe that would mean God isn't perfect?
You just said that god isn't perfect which is why he makes deformed babies. Try to keep up.
I don't believe I did. I believe that was you.

You're lost, how simple you are. :lol:

Given that the first thing you did today was to smoke some weed to self medicate yourself, I hope you don't mind if I see it the other way around.

Given that the first thing you did today was to smoke some weed to self medicate yourself, I hope you don't mind if I see it the other way around.
So god isn't perfect and makes deformed babies. Or god is perfect and makes deformed babies on purpose.

So god isn't perfect and makes deformed babies. Or god is perfect and makes deformed babies on purpose.
If you want to base your belief on God on whether deformed babies exist or not, go right ahead. That is a child's argument. Something I would expect a chronic pot smoker to do.

If you want to base your belief on God on whether deformed babies exist or not, go right ahead. That is a child's argument. Something I would expect a chronic pot smoker to do.
Ok, I will then. :cool:

Ok, I will then. :cool:
Thank you for not disappointing me.

True but that had nothing to do with my point that god was jealous of humans worshipping other gods. Did you forget what you were claiming I had misinterpreted?
Your point missed the point. Sort of like you pretending that the past is in the past while still living in the past.
My point was the point. No one forced you to try and prove it wrong. You failed miserably and now youre upset. Dont be upset. Learn from your errors and come back better prepared next time.
Why do you believe I am upset? I'm pretty happy how this conversation has gone. Maybe you are projecting. After all if the chip on your shoulder were any larger you would fall over. It seems that you are a slave to it.

Two Monks and a Woman - a Zen Lesson | KindSpring.org
Because you deflected when I proved you were clueless. I said god was a jealous god because he wanted to control who humans worshiped. You claimed i was wrong and then proceeded to post evidence proving my point and the fact that you didnt know what you were talking about. When I pointed that out you got upset and then tried to deflect with some irrelevant comment about god loving humans.
God isn't jealous because we hurt His pride, God is jealous because He loves us and we love others, namely ourselves.
That sounds like a controlling entity. If god truly loved us he wouldnt get jealous because we loved ourselves and others.

Your point missed the point. Sort of like you pretending that the past is in the past while still living in the past.
My point was the point. No one forced you to try and prove it wrong. You failed miserably and now youre upset. Dont be upset. Learn from your errors and come back better prepared next time.
Why do you believe I am upset? I'm pretty happy how this conversation has gone. Maybe you are projecting. After all if the chip on your shoulder were any larger you would fall over. It seems that you are a slave to it.

Because you deflected when I proved you were clueless. I said god was a jealous god because he wanted to control who humans worshiped. You claimed i was wrong and then proceeded to post evidence proving my point and the fact that you didnt know what you were talking about. When I pointed that out you got upset and then tried to deflect with some irrelevant comment about god loving humans.
God isn't jealous because we hurt His pride, God is jealous because He loves us and we love others, namely ourselves.
That sounds like a controlling entity. If god truly loved us he wouldnt get jealous because we loved ourselves and others.
You can take it up with Him.

No I cant. He doesnt exist. Thats what this entire discussion is about. Thanks for admitting you dont know.

No I cant. He doesnt exist. Thats what this entire discussion is about. Thanks for admitting you dont know.
God exists independent of this discussion. Whether you believe in Him or not is of little concern to me. I am sorry you couldn't figure that out from my previous post.

God exists independent of this discussion. Whether you believe in Him or not is of little concern to me. I am sorry you couldn't figure that out from my previous post.
You have proven by your extended conversation with me on the subject you are very concerned. That previous post was you realizing you had talked yourself into a corner with your faulty logic and now wish to pretend you dont care.

You have proven by your extended conversation with me on the subject you are very concerned. That previous post was you realizing you had talked yourself into a corner with your faulty logic and now wish to pretend you dont care.
I don't know what to tell you then as I have explicitly shown you and told you I couldn't care less. It seems your implicit interpretation is faulty.

. And if a God sits in heaven, righteousness surely compels him to overweight liberals among those mangled beneath bus wheels. I know each must have perished smiling beatifically at their noble sacrifice. The Virtue Inferno

I don't know what to tell you then as I have explicitly shown you and told you I couldn't care less. It seems your implicit interpretation is faulty.
There is nothing you can tell me obviously which I have pointed out on numerous occasions. People who couldnt care less dont hold conversations on the subject. Your easily seen through charade is amusing but typical of those who talk themselves into a corner with their faulty logic. You may as well pull a Pee Wee Herman and tell me "I meant to do that" :laugh:

There is nothing you can tell me obviously which I have pointed out on numerous occasions. People who couldnt care less dont hold conversations on the subject. Your easily seen through charade is amusing but typical of those who talk themselves into a corner with their faulty logic. You may as well pull a Pee Wee Herman and tell me "I meant to do that" :laugh:
People hold conversations for any number of reasons. I am more than happy for you to see me any way you want. The reality is that you are full of yourself. Undeservedly so, I suspect that you have never accomplished anything in your life worth noting. I predict from here on out you will be in an uncontrollable rage trying to exact your revenge for me speaking the truth.

Last edited:
People hold conversations for any number of reasons. I am more than happy for you to see me any way you want.
Your reason for holding the conversation was to convince me god exists and that god doesnt want to control us. You failed on both counts. I give you permission to be happy about your failure but dont attempt to convince me you didnt care. Everyone knows you do.

People hold conversations for any number of reasons. I am more than happy for you to see me any way you want.
Your reason for holding the conversation was to convince me god exists and that god doesnt want to control us. You failed on both counts. I give you permission to be happy about your failure but dont attempt to convince me you didnt care. Everyone knows you do.
You don't know what my reason is. How many times do I have to tell you I couldn't care less what you believe? I am not affected by your choices. At any point in your life, you are the sum of your choices. You reap what you sow.

Forum List

Back