GOP Debate Audience Boos U.S. Soldier in Iraq

Again. You missed the point.

Mike

You know, here's the problem. Under DADT, if they find out you're homosexual, they kick you out of service. In order for it to remain fair with DODT, if they find out you're hetero they would have to kick you out too.

That is the only way to not make this blatant bias and bigoted discrimination based on some fundamentalist interpretation of religious ideology.

But this isn't what the debate was about. This was about how unpatriotic it is to boo someone.

If I pulled a guy who was paralyzed on stage and he announced that he was a racist and hated all black people and you found that repulsive then booed him it would be disingenuous for me to say "Photonic booed a guy for being paralyzed".

Mike

You are twisting the issue

The guy was not paralized, a pedophile or a mass murderer

He was a homosexual soldier who asked if Republican candidates would overturn the recent DADT initiative

Looks like he got his answer

The crowd booed him and Santorum ridiculed him for expecting special privileges

Homosexuality is immoral and it is a sin. The bible says it. We don't need it in the military.

Killing is a sin. The Bible says it. We don't need killers in the military.

What kind of freedom do you defend? The freedom to conform? The freedom of the 'folkish state'?

So maybe we should attack our enemies with water balloons instead? You're a fucking moron, go away.
That will be the quote of all time right there.

We don't need killers in the military.
--BFGRN

A6010%20CHARLES%20MANSON%20FAN%20CLUB%20BACK.jpg

Sign him up you cretin...

You know, here's the problem. Under DADT, if they find out you're homosexual, they kick you out of service. In order for it to remain fair with DODT, if they find out you're hetero they would have to kick you out too.

That is the only way to not make this blatant bias and bigoted discrimination based on some fundamentalist interpretation of religious ideology.

But this isn't what the debate was about. This was about how unpatriotic it is to boo someone.

If I pulled a guy who was paralyzed on stage and he announced that he was a racist and hated all black people and you found that repulsive then booed him it would be disingenuous for me to say "Photonic booed a guy for being paralyzed".

Mike

He was a homosexual soldier who asked if Republican candidates would overturn the recent DADT initiative

you're a fucking liar. Watch the video. It was a couple people, in otherwise dead silence.

the literal translation is 'thou shalt not murder', not thou shalt not kill.

there is a difference, even if your pea brain is too small to comprehend... Excuse me, I did not meant to use such a big word. I should have simply said 'get it'.

OK pea brain, then bring me the exception in the Bible?

yup, just as I thought.

Did you see the words 'literal translation' above?

Go look up the definition of 'murder', and compare it to 'kill'.

Ten Commandments - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Killing or murder
Main article: You shall not kill

Multiple translations exist of the fifth/sixth commandment; the Hebrew words לא תרצח (lo tirtzach) are variously translated as "thou shalt not kill" or "thou shalt not murder".[43]

The imperative is against unlawful killing resulting in bloodguilt.[44] The Hebrew Bible contains numerous prohibitions against unlawful killing, but also allows for justified killing in the context of warfare (1Kings 2:5–6), capital punishment (Leviticus 20:9–16) and self-defence (Exodus 22:2–3). The New Testament is in agreement that murder is a grave moral evil,[45] and maintains the Old Testament view of bloodguilt.[46]

Jewish translations almost all use "murder" – an exception is the Artscroll or Stone Edition tanach (1996).

school is now ended... go to the back of the class, dunce.

So, the exception is to change the words in the Bible King James?

No matter how hard they try, they're not going to be able to spin this. He fucked up, and so did they.

prove the couple people who booed did it because he was gay.

dip-shit. You can't prove that any more than I can prove they didn't. You're using supposition and calling it fact. Even for you, that's stupid.

It is amazing to watch my society go mad.

I read about this kind of event happening in history and could never understand how it could possible happen.

And now here I am watching my society go nuts right in front of my eyes.

And now I understand how that happens.

Faith based thinking

Not necessarily religious faith, but when faith-based thinking triumphs over reality based thinking pretty much anything goes.

We saw this happen to NAZI Germany and we asked ourselves what was wrong with the German culture.

We're seeing this happening right now in the USA and few of us can admit it to ourselves...our society is going stark raving mad, folks.

Wow!

That's really all that I can think of to say.

WOW!

Occassionally the irrational collective mind overcomes the rational collective mind and that society sets itself up for a shitstorm of insanity.

adolf_hitler_biography_4.jpg

"The national government will maintain and defend the foundations on which the power of our nation rests. It will offer strong protection to Christianity as the very basis of our collective morality.

Today Christians stand at the head of our country. I pledge that I will never tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity... We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit.... We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theatre, and in the press - in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past few years."

Adolf Hitler
The Speeches of Adolph Hitler, 1922-1939, Vol. 1 (London, Oxford University Press, 1942), pg. 871-872.

Mike

I'm not twisting the issue. The fact is that had a person of unknown sexuality and unknown service status asked the same question he would have gotten booed by the few people who booed him. They were against the homosexuality. I'm not supporting or defending their position, I'm not attacking it either. I am simply trying to separate the emotional/patriotic slander from the actual issue at hand. The issue was twisted by the circumstance.

I wasn't comparing homosexuality to any of those things. They were analogies to show that some people find the behavior repulsive and some people tie his service to the country to every element of his personality... both are designed to create a bias about anyone who questions any attribute about this person.

Mike

OK pea brain, then bring me the exception in the Bible?

yup, just as I thought.

Did you see the words 'literal translation' above?

Go look up the definition of 'murder', and compare it to 'kill'.

Ten Commandments - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Killing or murder
Main article: You shall not kill

Multiple translations exist of the fifth/sixth commandment; the Hebrew words לא תרצח (lo tirtzach) are variously translated as "thou shalt not kill" or "thou shalt not murder".[43]

The imperative is against unlawful killing resulting in bloodguilt.[44] The Hebrew Bible contains numerous prohibitions against unlawful killing, but also allows for justified killing in the context of warfare (1Kings 2:5–6), capital punishment (Leviticus 20:9–16) and self-defence (Exodus 22:2–3). The New Testament is in agreement that murder is a grave moral evil,[45] and maintains the Old Testament view of bloodguilt.[46]

Jewish translations almost all use "murder" – an exception is the Artscroll or Stone Edition tanach (1996).

school is now ended... go to the back of the class, dunce.

So, the exception is to change the words in the Bible King James?

What? Do you understand that there is an original text in a different language? That the language must be translated and that when is translated it may be incorrect? Go read Plato's Republic in the 20 or so different translations it exists... they don't all say the same thing.

Mike

Last edited:
No matter how hard they try, they're not going to be able to spin this. He fucked up, and so did they.

prove the couple people who booed did it because he was gay.

dip-shit. You can't prove that any more than I can prove they didn't. You're using supposition and calling it fact. Even for you, that's stupid.

Did they do it because he was gay or they just hate gays in general and do not want them serving their country?

Does it make a difference?

Note to GOP audiences...

1. You do not boo US Soldiers in combat
2. You do not cheer for executions
3. You do not scream for a 30 year old to die

It is amazing to watch my society go mad.

I read about this kind of event happening in history and could never understand how it could possible happen.

And now here I am watching my society go nuts right in front of my eyes.

And now I understand how that happens.

Faith based thinking

Not necessarily religious faith, but when faith-based thinking triumphs over reality based thinking pretty much anything goes.

We saw this happen to NAZI Germany and we asked ourselves what was wrong with the German culture.

We're seeing this happening right now in the USA and few of us can admit it to ourselves...our society is going stark raving mad, folks.

Wow!

That's really all that I can think of to say.

WOW!

Occassionally the irrational collective mind overcomes the rational collective mind and that society sets itself up for a shitstorm of insanity.

adolf_hitler_biography_4.jpg

"The national government will maintain and defend the foundations on which the power of our nation rests. It will offer strong protection to Christianity as the very basis of our collective morality.

Today Christians stand at the head of our country. I pledge that I will never tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity... We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit.... We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theatre, and in the press - in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past few years."

Adolf Hitler
The Speeches of Adolph Hitler, 1922-1939, Vol. 1 (London, Oxford University Press, 1942), pg. 871-872.

You do realize this was the guy that was committing genocide while fucking his sister's daughter and engaging in water sports with Eva Braun.

Sounds like Adolph was yanking somebody's chain in the morality department.

Topics like this are SO FUCKING STUPID.

You all act as if the only bad people in modern society belong exclusively to the GOP

CODE PINK ANYONE???????????????????????

Get off your fucking soap boxes and join the rest of us in reality.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGB8oZIpZM8&feature=player_detailpage]Liberal hot-head argues with Marines supporters in Berkeley - YouTube[/ame]

It is a sign that Americans do not approve of gays in the military. I agree.

Bullshit. It is a sign that the GOTea are only appreciative of the sacrifices of soldiers as long as those soldiers fall in line and hide their sexuality from the neanderthal right. It is also a sign that the far-right zealots who are driving the GOTea train are totally out of touch with the rest of America. Every poll has shown that a majority of Americans support the repeal of DADT. So, as usual, the conservative talking point that they're speaking for "the people" is completely false.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back