GOP Debate Audience Boos U.S. Soldier in Iraq

Sorry, EVERYBODY knows where the racists are. And you have to believe a race is inferior and discriminate against them- NOT the new knucklehead definition, those who point out racist haters or notice differences...

Are there any Democratic racists?

Of course not! All of those videos I posted were FOX LIES you know.

This thread is a major fail

The biggest fail here is your desperate attempt at deflecting.

No matter how hard they try, they're not going to be able to spin this. He fucked up, and so did they.

prove the couple people who booed did it because he was gay.

dip-shit. You can't prove that any more than I can prove they didn't. You're using supposition and calling it fact. Even for you, that's stupid.

Did they do it because he was gay or they just hate gays in general and do not want them serving their country?

Does it make a difference?

Prove to me they 'hate' gays.

I do not approve of homosexual conduct. However, I do not tell others how to run their lives, or 'hate' anyone for who they sleep with. It's really none of my business.

The couple people who boo's were certainly wrong, but you and Boop have ZERO proof of any hatred. It's your opinion, and you are certainly entitled to it. But just because you hold that opinion, does not translate it into proof or fact.

This thread is about audience members booing a gay soldier serving his country and the crass reaction of a GOP presidential candidate. By posting videos of liberal activists, you're hijacking the thread and trying to change the subject by drawing attention away from the topic of the OP. Hence the charge that you're deflecting.

This thread is about pasting and ugly title on an entire party. A title it does not deserve.

If a gop candidate did or said something racist call him on it. This thread is a fail

Deflection noted.

There is NO DEFLECTION. No where in the OP did he mention any gop candidate or their reaction to the boos. You all derailed the topic to be about the gop candidates when you got called for the bullshit thread to begin with.

So, the exception is to change the words in the Bible King James?

School is back in session:

The point that so obviously escapes your attention (short as that span is, please try to stay with me here), is that ALL versions of the Bible are 'translations' from earlier works. Different translations, different translators, ect. The King James version of the Bible is no more the end all and be all than the New Revised Standard, or any other version.

The Bible is quite clear n this point...It IS acceptable to kill in some cases, but not to 'murder'.

Recess.

I know you're having trouble keeping up, but please... at least try.

Yeah, right. So dropping bombs on civilian cities and disposing of a few innocent people in the process...would that count as killing or murder?

What would Jesus say, I wonder?

talk to the people who gave the orders.

dip-shit. You can't prove that any more than I can prove they didn't. You're using supposition and calling it fact. Even for you, that's stupid.

Did they do it because he was gay or they just hate gays in general and do not want them serving their country?

I do not approve of homosexual conduct. However, I do not tell others how to run their lives, or 'hate' anyone for who they sleep with. It's really none of my business.

The couple people who boo's were certainly wrong, but you and Boop have ZERO proof of any hatred. It's your opinion, and you are certainly entitled to it. But just because you hold that opinion, does not translate it into proof or fact.

A gay soldier comes out and basically asked if the Republican candidates would reverse course and kick him out of the service for being gay

He was booed for:

1 Being a soldier
2 Being gay
3 wanting to stay in the service to serve his country

Which is it? Whatever your choice it was inexcusable behavior

OK I looked up the situation in question.

The soldier was NOT booed when he announced he was gay and in the army. HE WAS BOOED AFTER HE ASKED IF THE LAW WOULD BE CHANGED.

And to top it off there was maybe only 2 or 3 people booing out of over 5000. So what is the big damn deal?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mguDdsmCylU&feature=player_detailpage]Santorum answers gay soldier's DADT question - YouTube[/ame]

A gay soldier comes out and basically asked if the Republican candidates would reverse course and kick him out of the service for being gay

He was booed for:

1 Being a soldier
2 Being gay

4 He was booed because they disagreed with his policy position. Watch the video, ITS CLEAR AS CAN BE

This thread is about pasting and ugly title on an entire party. A title it does not deserve.

If a gop candidate did or said something racist call him on it. This thread is a fail

Deflection noted.

There is NO DEFLECTION. No where in the OP did he mention any gop candidate or their reaction to the boos. You all derailed the topic to be about the gop candidates when you got called for the bullshit thread to begin with.

Let's talk about the candidates. Santorums response was despicable. To imply that gay soldiers demand special treatment because they want the right to disclose their sexuality......just like heterosexual soldiers can

He was booed for:

1 Being a soldier
2 Being gay

4 He was booed because they disagreed with his policy position. Watch the video, ITS CLEAR AS CAN BE

His policy position is that he wants to stay in the service and serve his country

He was booed for:

1 Being a soldier
2 Being gay

His policy position is that he wants to stay in the service and serve his country

This made up fiasco is ridiculous. Its 2 fucking people out of 5 thousand booing. :cuckoo:

This made up fiasco is ridiculous. Its 2 fucking people out of 5 thousand booing. :cuckoo:

Santorums response is a bigger travesty. He received an ovation

- Sex is not an issue?
- Gays are receiving special privileges?

Deflection noted.

Deflection noted.

OK I looked up the situation in question.

The soldier was NOT booed when he announced he was gay and in the army. HE WAS BOOED AFTER HE ASKED IF THE LAW WOULD BE CHANGED.

And to top it off there was maybe only 2 or 3 people booing out of over 5000. So what is the big damn deal?

Santorum answers gay soldier's DADT question - YouTube

Santorum said keep your sexuality to yourself whether you are homosexual or heterosexual and it shouldn't be part of the military.

Does that mean Santorum wants the military to do away with Basic Allowance for Quarters (Dependent Rate) for Civilly Married members of the Armed Forces without children?

Does that mean Santorum wants the military to do away with paying to transport military wives as part of permanent change of station orders and eliminate the additional weight allowance for Civilly Married members of the Armed Forces without children?

Does that mean that Santorum wants to bar Military Weddings in military Chapels and by military Chaplains?​

I mean if you are going to say keep sex (as in sexual orientation) out of the military, he should support removing all aspects of sex from the military in terms of it's functioning.

So who is getting the "special privileges" in the military homosexuals simply because they can now serve or heterosexuals that are compensated thousands of dollars per year in addition income?

>>>>

Last edited:
yup, just as I thought.

Did you see the words 'literal translation' above?

Go look up the definition of 'murder', and compare it to 'kill'.

Ten Commandments - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

school is now ended... go to the back of the class, dunce.

The point that so obviously escapes your attention (short as that span is, please try to stay with me here), is that ALL versions of the Bible are 'translations' from earlier works. Different translations, different translators, ect. The King James version of the Bible is no more the end all and be all than the New Revised Standard, or any other version.

The Bible is quite clear n this point...It IS acceptable to kill in some cases, but not to 'murder'.

Recess.

I am a Christian. Yes, it is acceptable to kill in some cases. You can kill for food and kill in self defense. Any other killing is a sin.

"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."
President John F. Kennedy

Recess.

I am a Christian. Yes, it is acceptable to kill in some cases. You can kill for food and kill in self defense. Any other killing is a sin.

"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."
President John F. Kennedy

I am Roman Catholic. Let me ask you this... The 6th commandment is 'thou shalt not kill' in the KJV of the Bible, correct?

You state that 'You can kill for food and kill in self defense. Any other killing is a sin', correct?

That would mean that killing animals as sacrifices to God, as was commonly done in Biblical times (see Genesis 4:4 & 8:20 for example)... is a sin.

unless you want to add that to your list of 'exceptions'.

No matter how hard they try, they're not going to be able to spin this. He fucked up, and so did they.

They were booing because he was gay, he was in the service and those who were booing, along with Li'l Ricky Santorum, cannot tolerate a gay person.

A narrow minded crowd, a narrow minded candidate and similarly narrow minded partisan hacks trying lamely to spin this occurrence as something not boorish and crude.

On September 13, a GOP debate audience cheered loudly at the idea of letting sick patients die.

At the Thursday night debate, they topped their own sick selves, booing an American soldier serving his country in Iraq.

Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism.
Barry Goldwater

I didn't like their booing either.

I also don't like how your thread leaves out the reason why they booed.......c'mon dude be honest as to why at least, it still make them look bad and wont hurt your point. However, dishonestly leaving out that it was a don't ask don't tell question that they booed, which the soldier asked, greatly dimishes your standing with the point you want to hammer home.

They were booing because he was gay, he was in the service and those who were booing, along with Li'l Ricky Santorum, cannot tolerate a gay person.

A narrow minded crowd, a narrow minded candidate and similarly narrow minded partisan hacks trying lamely to spin this occurrence as something not boorish and crude.

How many people booed? Care to hazard a guess?

Forum List

Back