GOP Debate Thread 9/16...Here we go!

One of Reagan's greatest achievements is the freeing of Mental Patients.

Did Reagan’s Crazy Mental Health Policies Cause Today’s Homelessness? – Poverty Insights

When I ask my mental health colleagues about this, the one political figure that typically comes up is former President Ronald Reagan. It’s like an urban legend in our field. People say the reason so many people with mental illness are homeless or in jail—one-third of all homeless individuals and half of all people behind bars—is because of President Reagan.

Really? What did he do? Let all of the mentally ill patients loose?

Well, yes, that’s exactly what they say he did.

Over 30 years ago, when Reagan was elected President in 1980, he discarded a law proposed by his predecessor that would have continued funding federal community mental health centers. This basically eliminated services for people struggling with mental illness.

-------------------------------------------

Mental patients have rights. Ronald Reagan understood this. That's why he freed them to live a happy and productive life on the streets. One of the greatest things about dating a mentally ill homeless girl is that you can drop her off anywhere. I believe Reagan understood this.

That explains a lot:cuckoo:
You're right it does. It explain why Republicans kneel at the alter of the Church of the Heartless Bastard.

Carson is a idiot that wants to fire hundreds of thousands of people! Sick.
No he doesn't.

well, he just side he wanted to cut, slash and burn government jobs that includes workers for ssi, nws, nhc, jpl, epa, usgs, etc. This would mean less jobs.
So. Private sector rules.

Well, that doesn't mean that you do away with all the useful public sector jobs and institutions. I like the private sector but it isn't everything.
It's the backbone of this country. Who do you think pays for everything the government gives away.
No one group of people. NASA brings in billions in patents and licences. Then oil companies lease government land. Revenue comes in many, many forms.

One of Reagan's greatest achievements is the freeing of Mental Patients.

Did Reagan’s Crazy Mental Health Policies Cause Today’s Homelessness? – Poverty Insights

When I ask my mental health colleagues about this, the one political figure that typically comes up is former President Ronald Reagan. It’s like an urban legend in our field. People say the reason so many people with mental illness are homeless or in jail—one-third of all homeless individuals and half of all people behind bars—is because of President Reagan.

Really? What did he do? Let all of the mentally ill patients loose?

Well, yes, that’s exactly what they say he did.

Over 30 years ago, when Reagan was elected President in 1980, he discarded a law proposed by his predecessor that would have continued funding federal community mental health centers. This basically eliminated services for people struggling with mental illness.

-------------------------------------------

Mental patients have rights. Ronald Reagan understood this. That's why he freed them to live a happy and productive life on the streets. One of the greatest things about dating a mentally ill homeless girl is that you can drop her off anywhere. I believe Reagan understood this.

That explains a lot:cuckoo:
You're right it does. It explain why Republicans kneel at the alter of the Church of the Heartless Bastard.
I support increased funds for treat of mental illness...you should be the poster child for the campaign:thup:

Funny, rubio implied china is our enemy.. :alcoholic:
You don't think they are? Ask them if we can have Hillary's emails back.
My dad said back in the late 1950's and early 60's that China is our problem and nobody is really paying much attention to them. Well..they need to be watched because they CAN and WILL kick our butts if we don't put our military might back into being mighty. Fact.

My top three on the debate would be as follows.
1- Carly Fiorina
2- Marco Rubio
3- Chris Christie
I would say Ben Carson did a solid job and didn't hurt himself same with John Kasich in fact Kasich may have moved up a little Jeb Bush also did good and helped himself I don't think the rest moved the needle one way or the other which includes Trump he didn't have a stand out moment but he didn't do anything to implode either.

1- Carly Fiorina
2- Marco Rubio
3- Chris Christie
I would say Ben Carson did a solid job and didn't hurt himself same with John Kasich in fact Kasich may have moved up a little Jeb Bush also did good and helped himself I don't think the rest moved the needle one way or the other which includes Trump he didn't have a stand out moment but he didn't do anything to implode either.
Christie?...LOL.... that fat bastard should pullout..He's too worried about marijuana..He's going nowhere anyway

Ms F. Talked a good game. But then she talkd a good game at HP from which I bought about a half mil in test gear before she changed it to the sad thing.....

Still, a Trump/Fiorino ticket might be a winning combo and, if she played nice and got OJT she could, in time be the first actual woman president. Big change from the currently serving sorority girl...

Oh, and like Trump said...NK! We are looking at Russia and the ME...and we should be eyeballing that fat fuck in NK who DOES have nukes AND has said he will use them.
Hello? Anyone in the government paying attention to the west of us? Hello?

1- Carly Fiorina
2- Marco Rubio
3- Chris Christie
I would change #1 and #2
Rubio rocked it

Cruz knows his shit
Cruz is a fucking whack job who would have the world in flames in 90 days or less.
Huckabee still doesn't know the role of the Supreme Court
Oh the SC MAKES law now? Please share this knowledge with us.
Vaccines saved billions of lives over the past 90 years. Stupid anti-science fuckers.
They also kill people. Look up the US vaccine court.
What law did the Supreme Court make? :dunno:

1- Carly Fiorina
2- Marco Rubio
3- Chris Christie
I would change #1 and #2
Rubio rocked it
The main reason I put Fiorina #1 is I thought she might have a bit of letdown after the first debate but she really didn't can't agrue about anyone wanting to put Rubio #1 though he was very strong again as it stands right now he would be my choice for the Republican nomination.

Ann Coulter, during tonight's debate:

hY8D8j4.png

Cruz knows his shit
Cruz is a fucking whack job who would have the world in flames in 90 days or less.
Vaccines saved billions of lives over the past 90 years. Stupid anti-science fuckers.
Rightwinger is saying that the SC made a law that Kim Davis is breaking....they did not. They RULED on a law and declared is unconstitutional the next step is for the STATE OF KENTUCKY LEGISLATURE to pass a new law.Therefore right now there is NO LAW not being followed because there is no law.

Rubio
Carly
Chis fatboy Christie ( he may get excused forr his gay ass obama hug)

Cruz knows his shit
Rightwinger is saying that the SC made a law that Kim Davis is breaking....they did not. They RULED on a law and declared is unconstitutional the next step is for the STATE OF KENTUCKY LEGISLATURE to pass a new law.Therefore right now there is NO LAW not being followed because there is no law.
Marriage laws were broken. Denying an individual a marriage license because they choose to marry someone who is the same gender is unconstitutional.

The judicial branch decides constitutionality of laws, not county clerks.

Cruz knows his shit
Marriage laws were broken. Denying an individual a marriage license because they choose to marry someone who is the same gender is unconstitutional.

The judicial branch decides constitutionality of laws, not county clerks.
Still not following. If the LAW was unconstitutional that means there is NO LAW now. Got it now? The Kentucky legislature doesn't meet until January. They will then pass a new law with more than likely opt outs for people with religious objections to this kind of "marriage"

Forum List

Back