GOP policy is killing you, statistics don’t lie

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
I warn you because I care.

Turns out the GOP policy is killing Americans at an alarming rate. This study references Covid being a recent factor, but how Covid only shined a light on a trend that has been happening. A growing mortality gap between Republican and Democrat areas largely stem from policy choices.

People in Republican Counties Have Higher Death Rates Than Those in Democratic Counties

The new study, conducted by researchers in Texas, Missouri, Massachusetts and Pakistan, covers the years 2001 through 2019 and examines age-adjusted mortality rates—the number of deaths per 100,000 people each year—from the top 10 leading causes of death, as recorded in 2019. These include heart disease, cancer, lung disease, unintentional injuries and suicide. The researchers then analyzed county-level results in each of the five presidential elections that took place during their study period, identifying counties as Republican or Democratic for the subsequent four years. They found the gap in mortality rates between Republican and Democratic counties increased for nine out of 10 causes of death. (The gap for cerebrovascular disease, which includes stroke and aneurysms, remained but narrowed.) Political environment, the authors suggest in the paper, is a “core determinant of health.”

172C0C52-0F1F-4890-8A4C-5CB967D0B153.png

Turns out the GOP policy is killing Americans at an alarming rate. This study references Covid being a recent factor, but how Covid only shined a light on a trend that has been happening. A growing mortality gap between Republican and Democrat areas largely stem from policy choices.

People in Republican Counties Have Higher Death Rates Than Those in Democratic Counties

The new study, conducted by researchers in Texas, Missouri, Massachusetts and Pakistan, covers the years 2001 through 2019 and examines age-adjusted mortality rates—the number of deaths per 100,000 people each year—from the top 10 leading causes of death, as recorded in 2019. These include heart disease, cancer, lung disease, unintentional injuries and suicide. The researchers then analyzed county-level results in each of the five presidential elections that took place during their study period, identifying counties as Republican or Democratic for the subsequent four years. They found the gap in mortality rates between Republican and Democratic counties increased for nine out of 10 causes of death. (The gap for cerebrovascular disease, which includes stroke and aneurysms, remained but narrowed.) Political environment, the authors suggest in the paper, is a “core determinant of health.”

View attachment 671741
Nice try. Not! Get ready for the American Wave in November my friend!

View attachment 671741

Don't worry. Constant covid infections, impaired immune systems, strokes and heart attacks and increased cancer rates--all from the vaccines--will even things out in the blue counties in very short order. That's first.

Second is that this is more a reflection of the blue states' neurotic obsession with health than anything else--on glaring display during covid. Secular people obsess over their health because they are terrified of death. We saw this sweaty panic in the screeching about masks, vaccines, etc, etc in the last three years. In spades.

View attachment 671741
And conservatives don’t care – their delusional personal fable is in full force, and they believe it won’t happen to them.

Conservatives are happy living in an oppressive, authoritarian red state regardless how detrimental to their health.

And conservatives don’t care – their delusional personal fable is in full force, and they believe it won’t happen to them.

Conservatives are happy living in an oppressive, authoritarian red state regardless how detrimental to their health.

You should have just stopped at "Conservatives are happy"

Yes we are, and liberals are generally miserable. This is the science and data

Funny how the data is hidden from us.
I can make prettier excel charts.

You should have just stopped at "Conservatives are happy"

Yes we are, and liberals are generally miserable. This is the science and data
The facts documented in the OP reaffirm the truth that political, social, and economic conservative dogma is failed and wrongheaded and that Republican governance is poor and incompetent governance.

View attachment 671741

How many red and blue counties are there in Pakistan?

Come on guys. Instead of going full denial how about opening yourselves up to the fact that communities can solve big problems like: clean drinking water, clean air, labeled foods, health education, healthcare. The way communities do this is through effective government just like all the best places in the world do.

Come on guys. Instead of going full denial how about opening yourselves up to the fact that communities can solve big problems like: clean drinking water, clean air, labeled foods, health education, healthcare. The way communities do this is through effective government just like all the best places in the world do.
What about securing the border to prevent drugs like heroin from causing around 200 overdose deaths a day?

Hmm?

Oh dear, time to talk about how bad Orange man is and change the subject.

View attachment 671741

County level? But county level polices don't impact much. You can have dozens of republican counties in a dem state thanks to the way you people take over cities.

AND, it could just be reflecting differences from living in rural areas as opposed to urban areas. Or any other number of factors.

This really is a pretty weak argument.

58 years old live in red state no health issues physical or otherwise so.
1658233654044.png

View attachment 671741

Red (Republican) Counties comprise 90% of America.

What else you got Moon Bat?

Forum List

Back