GOP’s Obsession With Guns Stands To Drive Women Vote In The 2014 Election: Poll

End Crime? No.

Reduce it? Well, the UK, Australia, Germany, Japan, France, Italy have all proven it does.

One form of crime went down but others went up when you disarmed the people.
You have more of a chance being a victim those country's than you do in the United States.

No, you don't. Their crime rates are vastly lower than ours in all of them.

No you don't? Assaults and being a victim went up when gun confiscation took place.

So now you think you can prevent all accidental death too?

More kids drown in swimming pools than get shot. Maybe you should start there.

go get the numbers

CDC - Water-Related Injuries Facts - Home and Recreational Safety - Injury Center

Children: Drowning is responsible for more deaths among children 1-4 than any other cause except congenital anomalies (birth defects). Among those 1-14, fatal drowning remains the second-leading cause of unintentional injury-related death behind motor vehicle crashes.

the sad thing is even given those numbers way more children swim that are forced to live arround guns

In 2000? What year is it?
Children: Children ages 1 to 4 have the highest drowning rates. In 2009, among children 1 to 4 years old who died from an unintentional injury, more than 30% died from drowning.1,2 Among children ages 1 to 4, most drownings occur in home swimming pools.2 Drowning is responsible for more deaths among children 1-4 than any other cause except congenital anomalies (birth defects).1 Among those 1-14, fatal drowning remains the second-leading cause of unintentional injury-related death behind motor vehicle crashes.1

CDC - Water-Related Injuries Facts - Home and Recreational Safety - Injury Center

End Crime? No.

Reduce it? Well, the UK, Australia, Germany, Japan, France, Italy have all proven it does.

One form of crime went down but others went up when you disarmed the people.
You have more of a chance being a victim those country's than you do in the United States.

Sorry but I just proved you wrong

and I just proved you wrong about the drownings
No

http://realestate.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=22436364

In order

Falls

Poisoning

Fire

Airway obstruction

Water.

Why don't you start with a law that bans falling and work your way down?

Maybe you could require all parents to have houses made of bubble wrap.

Big Reb... you shouldn't try to play the race card, you kind of suck at it.

Fact is, a gun in the house is 43 times more likely to kill a member of the household, and the FBI recorded that there were only 201 cases of "justifiable homicide" committed with guns in 2010.

FBI ? Expanded Homicide Data Table 15

The notion you need a gun to protect yourself is laughable. But the gun industry knows a sucker when they see one.

Like I said, let the INNOCENT victims of gun violence collect damages from the gun industry and their big investors, then we'll see how keen they are on "the second Amendment".... bet they'll be for "well-regulated militias" really quickly.

Dumb ass you have no facts, why do you keep repeating the same myth?
And yes stupid the first gun control laws were used against blacks.

Here's a disarmed black man was visited by the klan

No, that's a man murdered by the Klan. they'd have still murdered him even if had a gun.

Probably would have triggered worse reprisals if he had shot one or two of them.

But please address my point. If guns are so crucial for self defense, how come only 201 of the 11,000 gun muders we have every year actually involves a citizen shooting a criminal in self-defense? This is what the FBI says, not what I say, and their data has been pretty consistant on this.

out of 300,000,000 guns, only 201 were used by "good guys" to kill "bad guys".

Are we to assume that you would prefer 201 more VICTIMS?

Asshole you're an idiot, the first gun control laws were used against blacks, and you say I'm playing the race card? No I'm playing the truth card.

No reputable historian would endorse that interpretation...

Reality- for most of AMerican history, few people owned guns, few people needed them. Guns didn't become a problem until industrialization and mass production, and a gun industry ready to sell to any crazy person who could bring up a bunch of crumpled $100.00 bills.

So when the rest of the world got rid of private guns and found they were far better off, we Americans doubled down on stupid.

Terrorists killed 3000 people on 9/11, we went to war. We changed the way we live.

Guns have killed 270,000 people since 9/11, and we've made the guns laws weaker.

Absolutely insane.

Why don't we enforce current gun laws instead of allowing a plea deal, or making excuses - they are too young and didn't know any better, he or she grew up in a life of physical abuse. As long as we don't prosecute teens of serious violent crimes as an adult, as long as we coddle and become sympathetic rather than enforce current laws, where is the deterrent? Why not bring back the death penalty if the violent crime warrants it? Adding further laws that restrict "law abiding" citizens while finding excuses not to enforce those laws already passed shows a lack of TRUE common sense.

Asshole you're an idiot, the first gun control laws were used against blacks, and you say I'm playing the race card? No I'm playing the truth card.

No reputable historian would endorse that interpretation...

Reality- for most of AMerican history, few people owned guns, few people needed them. Guns didn't become a problem until industrialization and mass production, and a gun industry ready to sell to any crazy person who could bring up a bunch of crumpled $100.00 bills.

So when the rest of the world got rid of private guns and found they were far better off, we Americans doubled down on stupid.

Terrorists killed 3000 people on 9/11, we went to war. We changed the way we live.

Guns have killed 270,000 people since 9/11, and we've made the guns laws weaker.

Absolutely insane.

For most of American history almost EVERYBODY owned guns, idiot.

It wasn't until the mid 20th century that gun ownership dropped below 50%.

and I just proved you wrong about the drownings

No you didn't

In 2000? What year is it?
Children: Children ages 1 to 4 have the highest drowning rates. In 2009, among children 1 to 4 years old who died from an unintentional injury, more than 30% died from drowning.1,2 Among children ages 1 to 4, most drownings occur in home swimming pools.2 Drowning is responsible for more deaths among children 1-4 than any other cause except congenital anomalies (birth defects).1 Among those 1-14, fatal drowning remains the second-leading cause of unintentional injury-related death behind motor vehicle crashes.1

Dumb ass you have no facts, why do you keep repeating the same myth?
And yes stupid the first gun control laws were used against blacks.

Here's a disarmed black man was visited by the klan

No, that's a man murdered by the Klan. they'd have still murdered him even if had a gun.

Probably would have triggered worse reprisals if he had shot one or two of them.

But please address my point. If guns are so crucial for self defense, how come only 201 of the 11,000 gun muders we have every year actually involves a citizen shooting a criminal in self-defense? This is what the FBI says, not what I say, and their data has been pretty consistant on this.

out of 300,000,000 guns, only 201 were used by "good guys" to kill "bad guys".

Are we to assume that you would prefer 201 more VICTIMS?

Plus those 201 were not murders, but justifiable homicides.

Here's the answer for this thread.

[ame=http://youtu.be/Q2btKEnfuA4]Piers Morgan gets angry after losing Gun Control debate and throws his notes towards his guest ! - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back