GOP to filibuster Hagel

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
Senate to vote to break Hagel filibuster

The "soon to be extinct" GOP is now threatening to filibuster a Secretary of Defense for the first time in US History....:eek:

McCain has degernerated into a dodderin old man...He was once a proud veteran who I voted for. Bush lied on him and defamed him and he hasn't been the same since.

The "soon to be extinct" GOP is now threatening to filibuster a Secretary of Defense for the first time in US History....:eek:

McCain has degernerated into a dodderin old man...He was once a proud veteran who I voted for. Bush lied on him and defamed him and he hasn't been the same since.

oh cry us a river...we know with you people it's only ok to filibuster when the Democrats do it..

there is questions on Hagel but you people could care less, if Hagel was a goat you'd root for him too

Last edited:

oh cry us a river...we know with you people it's only ok to filibuster when the Democrats do it..

there is questions on Hagel but you people could care less, if Hagel was a goat you'd root for him too

Well said, Stephanie. Well said.

I hope the GOP is soon extinct to be replaced with a conservative party. Also the media has got to go... it's not even arguable anymore how pathetic they are in informing the public about what is happening in this country.

Defense secretaries are usually confirmed without trouble — and often by voice vote. But in Mr. Hagel’s case, some of his past statements and votes with respect to Israel and Iran have troubled Republicans

Israel does not approve of Hagel so he will have a very tough time getting the nomination.

Defense secretaries are usually confirmed without trouble — and often by voice vote. But in Mr. Hagel’s case, some of his past statements and votes with respect to Israel and Iran have troubled Republicans

Israel does not approve of Hagel so he will have a very tough time getting the nomination.

Bullshit.

What troubles Republicans is the dude who nominated him. You might know this. If so......eat shit.

Bullshit.

What troubles Republicans is the dude who nominated him. You might know this. If so......eat shit.

Really?
Keep telling yourself that and one day you might actually believe it.

Bullshit.

Really?
Keep telling yourself that and one day you might actually believe it.

Ha! Honey, everybody remembers what Mitch McConnell said about how their goal was to make Obama a one-term president. Did you forget that already? Just HOW did you think that was going to manifest itself? Tsk...tsk

Republicans have already said they're going to confirm him, they just want to filibuster for one week first. Why republicans feel this will do anything, I don't know.

That's true.

Republicans have already said they're going to confirm him, they just want to filibuster for one week first. Why republicans feel this will do anything, I don't know.

The GOP is hoping that in that time, Hagel may change his mind and withdraw his name from consideration.

Well the filibuster held, they didn't get the 60 votes needed to proceed.

So Israel controls our foreign policy now? News to me. Hell, half of the Israelis in Israel itself, are not as hawkish about Israel as the US Republican Party is.

I hope the GOP is soon extinct to be replaced with a conservative party. Also the media has got to go... it's not even arguable anymore how pathetic they are in informing the public about what is happening in this country.

That's too much hoping. The media is going somewhere but it's an estate driven machine.

You guys are late with this since I posted it yesterday, but the more the better...

STOP CHUCK HAGEL'S NOMINATION
AS SECRETARY OF DEFENSE

Home - No To Chuck

He'll be confirmed. And the "capital" expended will be returned in spades.

The GOP-NRA is just digging themselves a deeper hole. The filibuster one of their own...amazing...:eek:

well yeah because you Democrats would just put any nut job in there without question..that's what you always do with your politicians
and you look stupid, the gop-nra...whatever the hell that is suppose to mean..is it the Democrats-OWS now?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back