GOP to shutdown govt. and default on debt

The Republicans want to kill ObamaCare. We understand that.

But they don't have enough votes to do it in the Senate.

They should stop trying to kill this program until they know they have the votes to do it.

Holding the nation hostage to their hatred of ObamaCare, is disgusting.

nope....the house was created to do just what it did

the house is fighting the tyranny of the senate and WH, exactly what the founding fathers wanted. why do you hate the constitution?

the house is fighting the tyranny of the senate and WH, exactly what the founding fathers wanted. why do you hate the constitution?

the Senate will vote down the House measure.

so next, the House and Senate needs to come up with a compromise.

maybe they will only fund part of ObamaCare.

...why do YOU hate America?

They should stop trying to kill this program until they know they have the votes to do it.

And when this backfires and the GOP is sent packing in 2014 what then? If the extreme right platform didn't work in the last two Presidential elections why do you seriously think it will work for the house? Causing a shutdown over one bill will make the GOP look like what we already think.

I really hope they shut down all non-essential parts of this government for at least a week or two. Only then may some of use come to the realization that we don't really need the excess spending we are doing. Just look at the claimed disaster that would befall us due to sequestration. What happened? Nothing of consequence. We "lived" on government spending levels that were 40% less under the Clinton Administration. We should do our best to get spending back to those levels. Note: This has nothing to do with SS/Medicare which are funded pension plans that have nothing to do with this debate.

If the GOP wants to rescope the size of Government, then do it. They never manage to to it when they are calling the shots

But to arbitrarily shut down government after a summers worth of furloughs for no reason other than temper tantrums and inability to get along with others is despicable

I would agree except that isn't what they are doing. They are refusing to support something that, according to EVERY recent national poll, a growing majority of Americans do not want supported. They are not only opposing a very bad piece of legislation passed wholly by Democrats who never read the bill (and probably still haven't), but are doing the bidding of the American people who elected them to represent the people.

What is so despicable about that?

We don't govern by poll

Every poll gives Republicans about a 30% approval. Isn't that a reason we shouldn't do what they want?

And when this backfires and the GOP is sent packing in 2014 what then? If the extreme right platform didn't work in the last two Presidential elections why do you seriously think it will work for the house? Causing a shutdown over one bill will make the GOP look like what we already think.

if that happens, the american people have spoken. until then....quit crying and quit holding the government hostage over a stupid program.

If the GOP wants to rescope the size of Government, then do it. They never manage to to it when they are calling the shots

But to arbitrarily shut down government after a summers worth of furloughs for no reason other than temper tantrums and inability to get along with others is despicable

I would agree except that isn't what they are doing. They are refusing to support something that, according to EVERY recent national poll, a growing majority of Americans do not want supported. They are not only opposing a very bad piece of legislation passed wholly by Democrats who never read the bill (and probably still haven't), but are doing the bidding of the American people who elected them to represent the people.

We don't govern by poll

Every poll gives Republicans about a 30% approval. Isn't that a reason we shouldn't do what they want?

and what is the dem approval? :lol:

THIS^^ We will never capitulate to tyranny. Leftists had better learn it and be ready for one HELL of a fight.

the Senate will vote down the House measure.

so next, the House and Senate needs to come up with a compromise.

maybe they will only fund part of ObamaCare.

...why do YOU hate America?

i don't hate america. i support american and the constitution. you clearly don't. you want the house to not have a voice. the house of REPRESENTATIVES.

if they can compromise, great. that is the whole purpose of checks and balances. you're almost ready to accept the truth.

if that happens, the american people have spoken. until then....quit crying and quit holding the government hostage over a stupid program.

the proper way to kill a program, or Federal agency, or Federal dept., is to pass legislation that kills the program.

holding a continuing resolution hostage isn't the way to do it.

The American people understand this.

if the Dems give in now, next year the Republicans will do the exact same thing with the EPA, FEMA, the Department of Education, etc etc.

Didn't the american people already speak Obama won two terms. :confused:

I really hope they shut down all non-essential parts of this government for at least a week or two. Only then may some of use come to the realization that we don't really need the excess spending we are doing. Just look at the claimed disaster that would befall us due to sequestration. What happened? Nothing of consequence. We "lived" on government spending levels that were 40% less under the Clinton Administration. We should do our best to get spending back to those levels. Note: This has nothing to do with SS/Medicare which are funded pension plans that have nothing to do with this debate.

^^This as well. Foxy? These despicable Marxists expect us to lay down and surrender our LIBERTY.

Ain't gonna happen. THEY are in for one HELL of a fight.

i don't hate america. i support american and the constitution. you clearly don't. you want the house to not have a voice. the house of REPRESENTATIVES.

if they can compromise, great. that is the whole purpose of checks and balances. you're almost ready to accept the truth.

you don't support the Constitution.

You think the House should be able to kill a program by holding hostage the entire country.

that's called legislative terrorism.

Didn't the american people already speak Obama won two terms. :confused:
By cheating you could say that...but the PEOPLE still LOATHE ObamaCare. They have spoken on this too...Get ready for a FIGHT.

THIS^^ We will never capitulate to tyranny. Leftists had better learn it and be ready for one HELL of a fight.

I guess that is better then not being productive and getting things that we actually need done? eh.

you don't support the Constitution.

You think the House should be able to kill a program by holding hostage the entire country.

that's called legislative terrorism.
Because Obama WON an election doesn't mean that people lay down their freedoms to a wannabe DICTATOR...or the Marxist left as YOU. GET ready for a FIGHT.

I think this is a bad idea not saying i like the healthcare bill and i think it needs to go or be changed but causing a shutdown over one bill still seems kind of ludicrous to me.

If the Democrats cave in now, next year the Republicans will do the same thing with the DEA, ATF, EPA, FEMA, every agency and department they can't kill legislatively.

No, we cannot and will not let this legislative terrorism stand.

I think this is a bad idea not saying i like the healthcare bill and i think it needs to go or be changed but causing a shutdown over one bill still seems kind of ludicrous to me.
The shutdown will be caused by Obama and REID. The HOUSE is doing the people's will. There IS an alternative to Ocare...The Left won't hear of it.

Hunker down...get ready...

Last edited:
Because Obama WON an election doesn't mean that people lay down their freedoms to a wannabe DICTATOR...or the Marxist left as YOU. GET ready for a FIGHT.

there will be no fight.

once the govt. is shutdown, the polls, emails, and phonecalls will blame the GOP for this crisis.

and the GOP will cave. :)

Forum List

Back