GOP to shutdown govt. and default on debt

They’ve clearly forgotten how to govern responsibly.

They’ve forgotten their responsibility is to do what’s best for the Nation, not their party.

They? When did you start using the royal "We" to refer to Obama? Besides, I am pretty sure he never knew how to govern responsibly.

and yet you think obamacare is more important.....

So now you are a mind-reader? I have already said i don't like it and that it needs to be changed or gotten rid of but i have also said i think the GOP is going about this the wrong way.

didn't realize you believed that. if you believe that, why the fuss over this?

Because i don't want another Dem in power come 16 and i honestly believe if the GOP Does it like this right now they won't have a chance in the midterms or come 16.

The PEOPLE are now tyrants? Really?

Son? SEWERGAS got to your brain. The PEOPLE said from DAY ONE...NO...

GET READY for a fight.

The PEOPLE are the ones who elected the Representatives who passed Bamacare

The TYRANTS are Republicans who are trying to overturn it without the will of THE PEOPLE who did not elect them to the majority

I think maybe we should remind everyone here that there are 2 houses of Congress and the Congress has to act as one body. The House doesn't get to pass things and the Senate doesn't get to pass things by itself.

People seem to have forgotten there is a Senate.
NO...SORRY... NOT how it works. Founders were smart MEN...I know it yanks you...and it should. Enjoy applauding your elected TYRANTS. THEY are about to be defeated by US.

..Who is holding the government hostage? Those who demand they get their own way no matter what?...

why is the GOP insisting that the ACA not be funded or they will shut down the govt?

Because having failed to repeal it, ‘defunding’ is perceived as the next best option.

The right’s opposition to the ACA is purely partisan, having nothing to do with the merits of the Act, where repeal would be seen as a political blow against a president they despise.

The fact that conservatives offer no viable alternative measure to ensure all Americans have insurance and access to healthcare is proof of this.

Here is an indisputable fact for you, Obamacare has never received a single Republican vote, but Democrats have voted against it every time there has been a vote. Even the latest bill that ties it to the debt ceiling got Democratic votes. That makes support for Obamacare purely partisan, and opposition to it bipartisan.

They’ve forgotten their responsibility is to do what’s best for the Nation, not their party.

And if they believe ‘getting rid’ of the ACA is what’s ‘best for the Nation,’ they’re at liberty to yet again address that issue at a later date, after they’ve ensured the government is properly funded.

If something is wrong with the law. Why not fix it?

Then republicans should act to fund the government, once that responsibility is discharged they can work with Congressional democrats and the WH to address the Act’s deficiencies. Or they can offer their own legislation to ensure all Americans have coverage and healthcare.

The ACA is a republican plan, anyway - no reason why they can’t participate in improving it.

Fundamentally, the issue has nothing to do with the ACA, but the right’s refusal to act to address the problem of millions of Americans suffering without health insurance and adequate coverage.

For example, if Congressional republicans were to agree to implement a single payer system, democrats and the WH would have no problem repealing the ACA and replacing it with an expanded Medicare program.

The debt ceiling has nothing to do with funding the government. If we don't raise it, the government will still have revenue coming in. If you want to have an honest discussion about the issue, stop lying.

Then republicans should act to fund the government, once that responsibility is discharged they can work with Congressional democrats and the WH to address the Act’s deficiencies. Or they can offer their own legislation to ensure all Americans have coverage and healthcare.

The ACA is a republican plan, anyway - no reason why they can’t participate in improving it.

Fundamentally, the issue has nothing to do with the ACA, but the right’s refusal to act to address the problem of millions of Americans suffering without health insurance and adequate coverage.

For example, if Congressional republicans were to agree to implement a single payer system, democrats and the WH would have no problem repealing the ACA and replacing it with an expanded Medicare program.

The debt ceiling has nothing to do with funding the government. If we don't raise it, the government will still have revenue coming in. If you want to have an honest discussion about the issue, stop lying.
Scads of Revenue...and that poster would do WELL to read article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution.

FYI I believe Obama has been drawing on the federal pension system to keep the government afloat. IOW instead of shutting down government when it got to the limit he robbed the government pensions, funds that are used to pay for military and non military benefits.
And isn't is weird/strange that OBAMA as a US Senator voted against DEBT Ceiling? Odd...eh?

Not odd given that they wanted us to cut military spending and understood that the republicans cutting any other spending or looking for things to sell, such as by raiding federal pensions, would be shouted to the roof tops by the media, thus giving them control of DC in the next vote. However, the media give the democrats free pass, to raid federal pensions as they again, realize that they will just blame the republicans for failing to allow them to raise the ceiling, again ignoring the fact that the dumbocrats are the ones raiding the pension.

IOW the democrats are setting up the republicans as scapegoats for what they are doing and the media is complicit... and quite frankly Joe Public democrats can't even read let alone understand such concepts.

Last edited:
FYI I believe Obama has been drawing on the federal pension system to keep the government afloat. IOW instead of shutting down government when it got to the limit he robbed the government pensions, funds that are used to pay for military and non military benefits.
And isn't is weird/strange that OBAMA as a US Senator voted against DEBT Ceiling? Odd...eh?

Not odd given that they wanted us to cut military spending and understood that the republicans cutting any other spending, such as by raiding federal pensions would be shouted to the roof tops by the media, thus giving them control of DC in the next vote. However, the media give the democrats free pass, to raid federal pensions as they again, realize that they will just blame the republicans for failing to allow them to raise the ceiling, again ignoring the fact that the dumbocrats are the ones raiding the pension.

IOW the democrats are setting up the republicans as scapegoats for what they are doing and the media is complicit... and quite frankly Joe Public democrats can't even read let alone understand such concepts.

ALL of them are in for a VERY RUDE awakening. They can play with other people's lives but for so long...:eusa_shhh::eusa_whistle:

And if they believe ‘getting rid’ of the ACA is what’s ‘best for the Nation,’ they’re at liberty to yet again address that issue at a later date, after they’ve ensured the government is properly funded.

Why don't Republicans pass 40 bills to improve ACA rather than kill it

If a runaway dump truck crashes into your car and totals it would you accept an offer from the driver to repair your car, or would you insist that they replace it? Some things cannot be fixed.

The TYRANTS are Republicans who are trying to overturn it without the will of THE PEOPLE who did not elect them to the majority

I think maybe we should remind everyone here that there are 2 houses of Congress and the Congress has to act as one body. The House doesn't get to pass things and the Senate doesn't get to pass things by itself.

NO...SORRY... NOT how it works. Founders were smart MEN...I know it yanks you...and it should. Enjoy applauding your elected TYRANTS. THEY are about to be defeated by US.

So The Senate passes bills and sends them to the President without any input from the House?

You're full of shit sonny boy. Go cook some meth or something else you're good at.

If a runaway dump truck crashes into your car and totals it would you accept an offer from the driver to repair your car, or would you insist that they replace it? Some things cannot be fixed.
The majority of Americans support:
Coverage for prexisting conditions
healthcare exchanges
No lifetime limit on coverage
coverage of children to age 26

Republicans want to repeal it

So The Senate passes bills and sends them to the President without any input from the House?

You're full of shit sonny boy. Go cook some meth or something else you're good at.
^^TRANSLATION? I Got under yer skin. GOOD. YOU have no fucking clue how government is supposed to work as written IN the Constitution.

GOT YA wench. Nice try. And uhmm? I don't DO such things...Go project on someone else and get OUT of my face skank.

healthcare exchanges

Yet despite that, they oppose the law. Which tells us they don't think the above benefits are worth the costs imposed by the total bill.

healthcare exchanges

I wasn't super happy with the ACA--no dental or visual components. If the GOP has a better idea (or any idea), lets hear it.

^^TRANSLATION? I Got under yer skin. GOOD. YOU have no fucking clue how government is supposed to work as written IN the Constitution.

GOT YA wench. Nice try. And uhmm? I don't DO such things...Go project on someone else and get OUT of my face skank.

I've forgotten more about government than you'll ever know. Your "internet tough guy" routine is played, old, ineffective, impotent, and stale.

Congress speaks as one voice legislatively sonny. Feel free to look it up.

Not how it works?

The House gets to pass legislation independently......you are obviously reading different founders than the rest of us

why is the GOP insisting that the ACA not be funded or they will shut down the govt?

Because having failed to repeal it, ‘defunding’ is perceived as the next best option.

The right’s opposition to the ACA is purely partisan, having nothing to do with the merits of the Act, where repeal would be seen as a political blow against a president they despise.

The fact that conservatives offer no viable alternative measure to ensure all Americans have insurance and access to healthcare is proof of this.

Here is an indisputable fact for you, Obamacare has never received a single Republican vote, but Democrats have voted against it every time there has been a vote. Even the latest bill that ties it to the debt ceiling got Democratic votes. That makes support for Obamacare purely partisan, and opposition to it bipartisan.

Sounds about right

So, other than stating the obvious......what is your point?

healthcare exchanges

Yet despite that, they oppose the law. Which tells us they don't think the above benefits are worth the costs imposed by the total bill.

They oppose something called Obamacare yet support what is in it

Shows Republican propaganda is working

healthcare exchanges

We can get coverage of preexisting conditions without Obamacare. In fact, we had it without Obamacare.

We can get exchanges without Obamacare.

I think you are wrong about most Americans not wanting lifetime limits on coverage. If they really wanted that they would have bought it before Obamacare because that option was always there. I know the insurance I had offered it, and I elected a less expensive plan. The problem is they can't afford policies like that, which means they won't be able to afford Obamacare either.

I have never seen a single poll that showed any desire for policies that covered children over the age of 18, Obama pulled that crap out of his ass. If they really wanted it, somebody would have been offering it.

Sounds about right

So, other than stating the obvious......what is your point?

My point is that Jones is a hack, what's yours?

Forum List

Back