Gosnell... Abortion Atrocities

This was pure butchery and the media has avoided it, for obvious reasons.

But they really didn't. They covered it fairly heavily when it happened three years ago, then the judge slapped a gag order on all sides while waiting for trial.

It should also be pointed out that the Wingnut Media didn't do any stories on it either. Until they started complaining the MSM wasn't covering it to their satisfaction.

Maybe because it might spark a conversation of why poor people get medical practioners of Gosnell's "caliber".

Joe, the trial began on March 18th, and that's when so many of the horrific details of this case came out. The national media, knowing and fearing that the details of the case might (and probably would) paint abortion in a bad light, has purposely avoided covering it to any degree.

And the details are truly horrific. There is zero excuse, especially in these days of sensationalism, for the media to not have covered this story. The reason for their avoidance is obvious. I strongly suspect that I could find thousands of inert stories the "media" has chosen to cover in the last month that would not be as interesting as this horror story.

I'd be considered pro-choice. But I'm not going to play intellectually dishonest games, like the press is, just to support my position. "This story just isn't newsworthy enough to make it on air." Bullshit. What this guy did to babies, er, fetuses, er, innocent human life is more than newsworthy.

"One woman (the only real victim here) dying from medical malpractice isn't" important?

Seriously, you just fully proved what a woman hating piece of shit you truly are, ya' fuckin' ghoulish lil' freak.

96,000 Americans die of medical Malpractice every year.

The solution "Conservatards" have for our health care crisis is to have "Tort Reform" to make it harder for patients killed and mauled by their doctors to get restitution from them. Yeah, that'll do it. No Millionaire Left Behind.

You all didn't consider Mrs. Mongar "Important" when you let her languish in a slum, unable to get an abortion from a legit provider because medicaid doesn't fund them and the Planned Parenthood Clinic has a bunch of Operation Rescue assholes protesting it.

But once Gosnell killed her, you saw her as an oppurtunity to bootstrap your misogynistic agenda onto her.

Funny how that works.
Hey asshole, you're the one who placed absolutely no value on that "poor" womans life.....You obviously hate women, when it comes right down to it.

Just admit it, ya' ghoulish fuckin' freak.

Guy, youre the one who says that women shouldn't get health coverage or medical leave when they get pregnant...

When you pony up and put your money where your mouth is, then I'll take you seriously.

[

Joe, the trial began on March 18th, and that's when so many of the horrific details of this case came out. The national media, knowing and fearing that the details of the case might (and probably would) paint abortion in a bad light, has purposely avoided covering it to any degree.

And the details are truly horrific. There is zero excuse, especially in these days of sensationalism, for the media to not have covered this story. The reason for their avoidance is obvious. I strongly suspect that I could find thousands of inert stories the "media" has chosen to cover in the last month that would not be as interesting as this horror story.

I'd be considered pro-choice. But I'm not going to play intellectually dishonest games, like the press is, just to support my position. "This story just isn't newsworthy enough to make it on air." Bullshit. What this guy did to babies, er, fetuses, er, innocent human life is more than newsworthy.

I have been following this story.. and frankly, I haven't heard anything that I didn't hear three years ago.

I do agree, the Media picks stupid things to cover, and ignore things that should be important, but that's as much about business as idealogy. That's because news departments have to make a profit. We don't run them as a public service.

No one wants to watch the "Dead Baby Fetuses" show. That ain't going to sell the Corn Flakes.

I'd be ok with it as long as it is for rape, incest or serious health risk to the mother. Otherwise, why kill?

Why do you get to make that decision and not the pregnant women? If she doesn't want to be pregnant, it's not your business. Mind your business, boy.

I'd be ok with it as long as it is for rape, incest or serious health risk to the mother. Otherwise, why kill?

Why do you get to make that decision and not the pregnant women? If she doesn't want to be pregnant, it's not your business. Mind your business, boy.

I think it also shows the hypocrisy of the "Pro-Life" movement. Why allow ANY exceptions if you think life begins at conception?

Oh, look everyone, another Gosnell thread.

Please keep milking this three year old story for everything you can get out of it.

Three year old story? Isn't the trial going on now?

And why do you lefties defend this guys actions?

nobody did.

But that's okay. Understanding the problem is beyond you clowns.

BUt here's a hint.

women aren't going to stop having sex, and they won't start having babies because you say so

If you pass the Casey Amendments and the Hyde Amendment and just make it more difficult to get an abortion, it doesn't mean they'll give up, they just go to the quack with the cat feces on the floor of his clinic to get it done.

You defend abortions. This guys performs abortions. So yes you are defending him and his practice.

Using your logic we should make everything legal with no restrictions then no one would be breaking the law.

That is another lie that the baby killers perpetuate...that if we don't have baby killing slaughterhouses working at high speed, funded by the gov't and aborting anyone who asks, and killing any born baby if the mom wants it dead.... that women won't be able to get abortions even when one is medically necessary.

That has never been the case and never will be. It's just a lie told by baby killers to justify killing babies.

Last edited:
Three year old story? Isn't the trial going on now?

And why do you lefties defend this guys actions?

nobody did.

But that's okay. Understanding the problem is beyond you clowns.

BUt here's a hint.

women aren't going to stop having sex, and they won't start having babies because you say so

If you pass the Casey Amendments and the Hyde Amendment and just make it more difficult to get an abortion, it doesn't mean they'll give up, they just go to the quack with the cat feces on the floor of his clinic to get it done.

You defend abortions. This guys performs abortions. So yes you are defending him and his practice.

Using your logic we should make everything legal with no restrictions then no one would be breaking the law.

that would be like saying, "You eat hamburger, so you support unsanitary slaughterhouses where animals are tortured!"

False equivlency.

Gosnell was bad because he was a bad doctor practicing bad medicine. And he was made possible because the Christian Nutters have done everything they can to prevent poor women from having access to safe, legal early abortions provided by competent practioners.

Okay, because I'm starting to think you are a little slow, I'll give you some more examples.

I'm all for driving, but I think drunk drivers should be gotten off the road.

That is another lie that the baby killers perpetuate...that if we don't have baby killing slaughterhouses working at high speed, funded by the gov't and aborting anyone who asks, and killing any born baby if the mom wants it dead.... that women won't be able to get abortions even when one is medically necessary.

That has never been the case and never will be. It's just a lie told by baby killers to justify killing babies.

Women will get abortions NO MATTER WHAT the law is.

Abortion in the Philippines: a national secret | Reuters

The 50-year-old grandmother has lost count of the number of pregnancies she has terminated in this largely Roman Catholic country where abortion is illegal and strictly taboo, but where about half a million women end their pregnancies every year.

The backstreet abortions performed by healers like Minda may become more common as a United States government aid program plans to stop distributing contraceptives in the Philippines in 2008. This will leave birth control up to the government which under the influence of Catholic bishops advocates unreliable natural birth control methods rather than the pill and condoms.

Most women who seek abortions are like Remy, married with several children and too poor to afford another baby.

The petite 44-year old, who declined to give her last name, paid 150 pesos ($3) for a hilot, or traditional midwife like Minda, to crush her three-month old fetus using rough strokes and pincer-like grips on her belly.

Hey, Koshie, maybe you should move there... they share your values.

Tiller wasn't aborting poor women. He charged a LOT of money for his "specialty".

People like joe prey upon poor women, and support anything that will keep them from producing live offspring. At the same time, he believes in policies and laws that will encourage them to be promiscuous and engage in sex for money.

Nice. He's all about the women.

You're a liar and a pervert, joe. Nobody is interested in your obscene abortion musings.

Meanwhile, Tiller got rich by killing babies. He was not serving "poor" women:

"Instead he dug in, pouring his considerable profits into expanding his clinic and installing security cameras, bulletproof glass, metal detectors, fencing and floodlights. He hired armed guards, bought a bulletproof vest and drove an armored S.U.V. He spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on some of the state's best lawyers and recruited an intensely loyal staff that dubbed itself Team Tiller. He lobbied politicians with large donations and photographs of severely deformed fetuses."

He was just a sick pervert, preying upon desperate women and profiting from killing babies.

George R. Tiller News - The New York Times

People like joe prey upon poor women, and support anything that will keep them from producing live offspring. At the same time, he believes in policies and laws that will encourage them to be promiscuous and engage in sex for money.

Nice. He's all about the women.

Unlike you, most women don't need "encouragement"...

Here's the thing. I've known women who've had abortions. They've never once called it a baby or thought of it as one. (And again, up until about six years ago, I used to be pretty right wing. Until my last employer showed me the true meaning of Christmas.)

One gal I knew, college educated, strict religious upbringing, traditional Asian household. Lectured me about how I was going to Hell because I rejected religion after my parents died and I figured no one was up there listening to prayers. Was engaged to a white guy who was an Army buddy of mine. Then she figured out he wasn't going to make good on his promise to marry her, and she 'forgot' to take her birth control pills.

Now, she was smart enough to know the consequences, and should have been smart enough to know this guy was a jerk by this point. And certainly her religious upbringing told her this was "wrong". But nope, she had the abortion anyway because she didn't want her parents to know she'd been sleeping with her boyfriend. (Keep in mind, she was 22 at this point.)

They broke up, I stopped talking to them mostly because I got tired of getting dragged into their soap opera. Well, heard from her two years later. Yup, they got back together again, and the same thing happened. And they same result occurred.

Maybe at some point she found a guy the "ooops, forgot my birth control" trick worked on. But I doubt it.

Point is, women are going to make their own decisions. And a lot of them aren't going to be smart ones. But they aren't going to stop having sex, and they aren't going to have babies they don't want because you say so.

When my wife had a miscarriage early in a pregnancy, we sure as hell thought of it as a loss of a life, the loss of our child, a tragedy.

Dang Joe, yer gonna turn me into a freakin' pro-lifer here.

Wow, i'm truly sorry to hear that.....Yes, you lost a child, and it IS a tragedy....It's not just a clump of cells, it's not an insignificant inconvenience, it is a life, it is a child.

That's what makes me sick about so many of these pro-choice types.....They do everything they can to minimize that life, that child, and that is just as tragic....I suspect they do it as a way to justify their position, and make themselves feel better.

Forum List

Back