Gosnell... Abortion Atrocities

I think the reason the media ignored this story is because of the horrific details and the unsavory nature of the entire story.

Who would tune in to hear about babies getting their necks cut? Some will but most will get disgusted and not want to hear anymore, and the ones not immediately disgusted would eventually be worn down to being disgusted as well. Ratings folks...its about ratings

The media has no problem with gore. Their sensibilities are not that finely tuned.

They didn't report on it because they don't care. They know what happens in abortion clinics...and they don't want to report on it because if they do, people will realize that they've been lied to by the press all these years about what abortion is all about...and what really happens in clinics.

They also don't report on human trafficking. Why? Because they spent years telling everybody that children are sexual creatures and don't need to be protected from having sex at a young age. They spent years advising people that they should have sex outside of marriage, and perpetuating the sick concept that children should be able to engage in sex without their parents' consent or knowledge...

Last edited:

When my wife had a miscarriage early in a pregnancy, we sure as hell thought of it as a loss of a life, the loss of our child, a tragedy.

Dang Joe, yer gonna turn me into a freakin' pro-lifer here.

Wow, i'm truly sorry to hear that.....Yes, you lost a child, and it IS a tragedy....It's not just a clump of cells, it's not an insignificant inconvenience, it is a life, it is a child.

That's what makes me sick about so many of these pro-choice types.....They do everything they can to minimize that life, that child, and that is just as tragic....I suspect they do it as a way to justify their position, and make themselves feel better.

I can understand and appreciate the arguments on both sides of this issue.

On one hand, it's my opinion that a civilization has to make some tough decisions that balance morality with issues like practicality, quality of life and -- yes -- convenience. So, I'm a somewhat reluctant but definite pro-choicer. I don't like it, but I don't want it made illegal.

On the other hand, I very much don't like the way the pro-choice crowd represents itself. To pretend that it's a clump of irrelevant cells one moment and a person the next is, at least, intellectually dishonest. I agree with you that it's their way of minimizing its value and justifying the procedure. It may not be a person, or a human being, or an astronaut, but to deny that it is innocent human life (human DNA, pumping heart, limbs, blood, etc.) simply isn't honest.

Personally, what I'd really like to see is both ends of this issue pool their considerable passion, energy and resources into dealing with what I think is the real issue with abortions, and that is demand.

So you straddle the fence. You can't bring yourself to stick up for infants who can't defend themselves, but deep down you find abortion appalling.

There are a lot of you. You're legion among the press. Which is why they won't write up this story. They find it awful and disgusting, but they're afraid they'll be viewed as "anti-choice" or "backwards".

So you straddle the fence. You can't bring yourself to stick up for infants who can't defend themselves, but deep down you find abortion appalling.

There are a lot of you. You're legion among the press. Which is why they won't write up this story. They find it awful and disgusting, but they're afraid they'll be viewed as "anti-choice" or "backwards".

As I've mentioned a couple of times on this thread, it's clear to me that the press has avoided this story because it conflicts with their agenda. They know it would hurt their side of the abortion issue if they played it up.

I'm more concerned with intellectual honesty than I am with "winning" on some issue.

The media has no problem with gore. Their sensibilities are not that finely tuned.

They didn't report on it because they don't care. They know what happens in abortion clinics...and they don't want to report on it because if they do, people will realize that they've been lied to by the press all these years about what abortion is all about...and what really happens in clinics.

They also don't report on human trafficking. Why? Because they spent years telling everybody that children are sexual creatures and don't need to be protected from having sex at a young age. They spent years advising people that they should have sex outside of marriage, and perpetuating the sick concept that children should be able to engage in sex without their parents' consent or knowledge...

Ok, I see used the care-o-meter to come to that conclusion

nobody did.

But that's okay. Understanding the problem is beyond you clowns.

BUt here's a hint.

women aren't going to stop having sex, and they won't start having babies because you say so

If you pass the Casey Amendments and the Hyde Amendment and just make it more difficult to get an abortion, it doesn't mean they'll give up, they just go to the quack with the cat feces on the floor of his clinic to get it done.

You defend abortions. This guys performs abortions. So yes you are defending him and his practice.

Using your logic we should make everything legal with no restrictions then no one would be breaking the law.

that would be like saying, "You eat hamburger, so you support unsanitary slaughterhouses where animals are tortured!"

False equivlency.

Gosnell was bad because he was a bad doctor practicing bad medicine. And he was made possible because the Christian Nutters have done everything they can to prevent poor women from having access to safe, legal early abortions provided by competent practioners.

Okay, because I'm starting to think you are a little slow, I'll give you some more examples.

I'm all for driving, but I think drunk drivers should be gotten off the road.

Does your head hurt when you type things out? Why, abortions are so hard to access, that there are only over a million of them per year in the U.S. alone!

As I've mentioned a couple of times on this thread, it's clear to me that the press has avoided this story because it conflicts with their agenda. They know it would hurt their side of the abortion issue if they played it up.

I'm more concerned with intellectual honesty than I am with "winning" on some issue.

Sadly its an either/or issue for extremists on both sides, which prevents any sensible discussion, and allows monsters like this to practice his butchery.

The press agenda is to make ratings. No one will tune in for an extended period of time to listen to stories of baby dismemberment and killings.

I cant think of any time they have done stories on babies and children being killed whether its war, abortion, or whatever

Sure you are.

The press agenda is to make ratings. No one will tune in for an extended period of time to listen to stories of baby dismemberment and killings.

I cant think of any time they have done stories on babies and children being killed whether its war, abortion, or whatever

Sandy Hook Elementary shooting: What happened?

Sandy Hook Elementary shooting: What happened?

Whenever someone posts something without explanation it's usually because they don't have one.

Oh I didn't think I needed one.

You said you'd never seen the press report on child killings.

I gave you a link that shows that they do, since you apparently missed the news for the last several months.

There.

My personal opinion is that it is dishonest to try to lump "all liberals" or "all conservatives" together and then ascribe a belief to the entire group. It is absurdly dishonest.

That being said, I hope they put this guy away for life. If he is allowed to go free - ever, he strikes me as the type who would set up a back-alley operation and delude himself into believing that he is "helping" women who are facing a crisis pregnancy. He's obviously convinced himself that executing live babies is "helping."

Unfortunately, there is no shortage of stories about people committing atrocities against other people. IMHO this one ranks right up there (or right down there) with the worst.

Oh I didn't think I needed one.

You said you'd never seen the press report on child killings.

I gave you a link that shows that they do, since you apparently missed the news for the last several months.

There.

Of course you didn't think you needed an explanation because you have none to give. Of course you think reporting on a mass shooting is the same as dismembering babies. Actually you understand the difference that's why you cant explain why you posted the article.

This is what you said, puke:

"No one will tune in for an extended period of time to listen to stories of baby dismemberment and killings."

I posted the link to show that you were lying.

And you continue to lie.

This is what you said, puke:

"No one will tune in for an extended period of time to listen to stories of baby dismemberment and killings."

I posted the link to show that you were lying.

And you continue to lie.

you posted a link to baby dismemberments?

Tell me why you consider a mass shooting to be the same as killing babies as a practice and details of those killings? And why do you think the public has a stomach for that?

Says the person who expects extended coverage of this creep to be on the news and thinks it'll be a ratings bonanza

Forum List

Back