Government designed gas cans.

I've had one of those for a few years now. I tried using it like I'm supposed to fill up my mowers but as the video showed, it leaks and gas just sloshes all over. I just take that spout off and use a funnel every time.

Might work better if it was made from metal.

One can find heavy duty and easily modifiable water carriers on Amazon.

It's a matter of choosing which law to break.

Leave one's "out of gas" car by the side of the road (and get a ticket) or get some gas in a rationally constructed container.

I'd take the latter. It's less inconvenient.

Leave one's "out of gas" car by the side of the road (and get a ticket) or get some gas in a rationally constructed container.

Amen.

Anytime the government starts mandating new and improved thing this is what we get. The old cans worked great. The newer cans were hit or miss. Now we have this travesty. I take the spout off and use a funnel. I also collect the older cans and have a nice stash.

I have 10 or 12 of the old style, myself. With any luck, my old spouts will fit any new cans I have to get at any time in the future.

Anyone stupid enough to run out of gas deserves whatever happens to them! If that is the car towed and you end up paying $1000+ to get it back...works for me, though I would suggest adding another $1000 moron surcharge on top of it!

Anyone want to bet on how good the brand new, government mandated, gas cans are?

Complaints surface about new gas cans - YouTube

I would get a knife and cut the valve off.

I've already had experience with the "new and improved" gas cans. I took the spout off and slosh gas all over my mower. It works better than that fricken worthless spout. That's a great safety improvement, right?

I know exactly what you mean. These "cans" are absolutely WORTHLESS!!!!

I purchased a $1.00 funnel (After trying time and again to use the "new and improved junk). Now, I just open the can and pour it into the funnel. Works like a charm.

Once again, government regulation run amock......

Anyone stupid enough to run out of gas deserves whatever happens to them! If that is the car towed and you end up paying $1000+ to get it back...works for me, though I would suggest adding another $1000 moron surcharge on top of it!

A guy I know has to drive an hour to work. He left one day knowing he had plenty of gas to get there and planned to stop at a gas station before heading home. He lost his wallet that day and didn't have enough money to fill the car, but scrounged change in the center console and should have made it home okay. There was an accident and traffic had to be detoured on gravel roads, which took people quite a few miles out of their way. He ran out of gas about 2 miles from home and his wife had to buy some gas and go rescue him.

He's actually one of the smartest guys I know, but he's not perfect. Shit happens to people who aren't idiots.

Last edited:
My new gas jugs still look & work the same as the old ones. :lol:

milkjugws.jpg

Technically, putting gasoline in those is a felony.

So is aiding and abetting criminals, but the Obama Administration armed drug cartels, so i guess putting gasoline in milk jugs is okay.

A guy I know has to drive an hour to work. He left one day knowing he had plenty of gas to get there and planned to stop at a gas station before heading home. He lost his wallet that day and didn't have enough money to fill the car, but scrounged change in the center console and should have made it home okay. There was an accident and traffic had to be detoured on gravel roads, which took people quite a few miles out of their way. He ran out of gas about 2 miles from home and his wife had to buy some gas and go rescue him.

He's actually one of the smartest guys I know, but he's not perfect. Shit happens to people who aren't idiots.

His own damn fault...it's that simple!

Forum List

Back