Governor of US Virgin Islands commands NG to seize all guns and ammo

Typical tinfoil gun fetishist. Biggest storm ever recorded with winds of 185mph threatens to wipe out several countries, leaving people homeless, drowned and worse, they're looking at devastated infrastructure including months without electricity ..................... and what you're worried about is "protect the guns".

ASSHOLE.

Partly, but mostly it's about protecting the Constitution of the United States.

If true, one would think the governor of the Virgin Islands would have learned something from the results of the gun confiscation in New Orleans after Katrina.

Again --- the VI is unincorporated territory. It's not protected by the Constitution anyway.

Holy shit:

Here we go!

Article IVSection 3.
New states may be admitted by the Congress into this union; but no new states shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other state; nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the states concerned as well as of the Congress.

The Congress shall have power to dispose of and make all
needful rules and regulations respecting the territory or other property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to prejudice any claims of the United States, or of any particular state.

A major issue early in the 20th century was whether the whole Constitution applied to the territories called insular areas by Congress. In a series of opinions by the Supreme Court of the United States, referred to as the Insular Cases, the Court ruled that territories belonged to, but were not part of the United States. Therefore, under the Territorial clause Congress had the power to determine which parts of the Constitution applied to the territories. These rulings have helped shape public opinion among Puerto Ricans during the ongoing debate over the commonwealth's political status.

Only CONGRESS has the power to suspend the 2nd and 3rd Amendments (similar to suspending Habeus Corpus for the States in wartime, aka the Civil War) NOT the territorial government itself. The Territorial Government is BOUND to the Constitution unless Congress itself explicitly suspends a particular constitutional provision.

If you can find a law from CONGRESS that suspends the Virgin Islands 2nd and 3rd Amendment Constitutional Rights, then you win shitface. I'll even vote "winner" on your post, likewise, if you can't, you vote "winner" on mine. I'll give you 168 hours (7 days) in case you have a real life and can't get back to me for some time.

:lmao:

StrawMan2.jpg

There's your "Winner", sociopath ASSHOLE. 167 hours and 52 minutes to spare.

Say, that guy doesn't look like he's gonna stand up real well under a 185mph wind.
Wait, I know -------------- give him a gun. That'll fix everything.

Isn't that right, Sociopath Asshole safely out of harm's way holding a load in his diapers about his own fetish for a population he has zero to do anything with, that's facing shit that just got real?

Typical tinfoil gun fetishist. Biggest storm ever recorded with winds of 185mph threatens to wipe out several countries, leaving people homeless, drowned and worse, they're looking at devastated infrastructure including months without electricity ..................... and what you're worried about is "protect the guns".

ASSHOLE.

If true, one would think the governor of the Virgin Islands would have learned something from the results of the gun confiscation in New Orleans after Katrina.

Again --- the VI is unincorporated territory. It's not protected by the Constitution anyway.

Holy shit:

Here we go!

Article IVSection 3.
New states may be admitted by the Congress into this union; but no new states shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other state; nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the states concerned as well as of the Congress.

needful rules and regulations respecting the territory or other property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to prejudice any claims of the United States, or of any particular state.

A major issue early in the 20th century was whether the whole Constitution applied to the territories called insular areas by Congress. In a series of opinions by the Supreme Court of the United States, referred to as the Insular Cases, the Court ruled that territories belonged to, but were not part of the United States. Therefore, under the Territorial clause Congress had the power to determine which parts of the Constitution applied to the territories. These rulings have helped shape public opinion among Puerto Ricans during the ongoing debate over the commonwealth's political status.

Only CONGRESS has the power to suspend the 2nd and 3rd Amendments (similar to suspending Habeus Corpus for the States in wartime, aka the Civil War) NOT the territorial government itself. The Territorial Government is BOUND to the Constitution unless Congress itself explicitly suspends a particular constitutional provision.

If you can find a law from CONGRESS that suspends the Virgin Islands 2nd and 3rd Amendment Constitutional Rights, then you win shitface. I'll even vote "winner" on your post, likewise, if you can't, you vote "winner" on mine. I'll give you 168 hours (7 days) in case you have a real life and can't get back to me for some time.

StrawMan2.jpg

Say, that guy doesn't look like he's gonna stand up real well under a 185mph wind.

Isn't that right, Sociopath Asshole safely out of harm's way holding a load in his diapers about his own fetish for a population he has zero to do anything with, that's facing shit that just got real?

No goal posts have been moved or strawmen erected. You quoted US case law, I supported your claim and asked you to show an explicit at of Congress suspending 2nd and 3rd Amendment rights in accordance with Case Law.

You lose.

That's all you nigs do, is cry and bitch when you can't succeed on your own.

Just pointing out once again- despite the hysteria of the gun nuts- there is no order to confiscate all guns- there is no command to seize all private guns.

There is an order- specifically provided for in the Virgin Islands legal code- authorizing the National Guard to seize guns (and other stuff) in order to complete their mission in the case of an emergency.

Not to take guns away from people- but if the National Guard needs them themselves.

My prediction again- is that no private guns will be 'seized' under this order.

But the NRA will certainly milk it for all its worth.
well funny, Tucker Carlson had the mayor on and Tucker read his order and no where does it state what the Mayor stated. Let's see the order. Pull it up.

"The mayor"?

The mayor of what- and what does this have to do with the Virgin Islands?
ok governor.

hey , mrobama said that you could keep your doctor and this governor / king says he never issued the order . I sure don't know as i post the little bit of info that i have . Maybe this well fed governor [probably a democrat] is the same kinda liar as mrobama Tipsy , i don't know .
The gun control idiots said that Obama was going to seize all of our guns.

How many of your guns did Obama seize?

How many guns has the Virgin Islands National Guards seized?
---------------------------------- just read the Order , about half way down on the page , the governor has the --- Authority --- to confiscate if he gets the whim or the urge . Course , as i said earlier , i don't suppose that the governor will disarm his body guards and other henchmen and SPECIAL people Syriusly . ------------ --- http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/NATL-GUARD.pdf --- read it agin Syriusly !!
I posted the actual language yesterday- here it is again

upload_2017-9-6_10-18-44-png.147799

'authorized to seize'

So how many guns were seized?
that isn't the order though. pull up the order from the GOVERNOR

ASSHOLE.

Holy shit:

Here we go!

Article IVSection 3.

StrawMan2.jpg

No goal posts have been moved or strawmen erected. You quoted US case law, I supported your claim and asked you to show an explicit at of Congress suspending 2nd and 3rd Amendment rights in accordance with Case Law.

You lose.

That's all you nigs do, is cry and bitch when you can't succeed on your own.

Wrong again Bozo. I quoted no case law and I made no claim of Congress suspending anything. That's all you. And that's a strawman. Which fell down.

"It's raining and windy... You don't need your guns." Here we have a clear example of why the government should not have a registry of your personal arms.

Not to mention it was ratified a year after Katrina that the Nationa Guard cannot seize firearms for natural disasters.

Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006 - Wikipedia

NRA threatens lawsuit after US Virgin Islands governor orders weapons seizure

Virgin Islands Allows National Guard To Seize Guns, Ammo Ahead Of Hurricane Irma

U.S. Virgin Islands seizing guns, ammo in anticipation of Irma

NRA Threatens Lawsuit Over U.S. Virgin Islands Firearm Confiscation Order | One America News Network

The The National Rifle Association prepares for a possible legal battle as Hurricane Irma nears the U.S.

This comes in response to the governor of the U.S. Virgin Islands ordering its National Guard to seize guns, ammunition, and other weapons from its citizens ahead of Hurricane Irma.
prepares for a possible legal battle as Hurricane Irma nears the U.S.

This comes in response to the governor of the U.S. Virgin Islands ordering its National Guard to seize guns, ammunition, and other weapons from its citizens ahead of Hurricane Irma.

The NRA argues people need to be able to protect themselves during times of natural disaster.

Of course there's a statist LAND GRAB behind this as well:
Mapp signed the order Monday in preparation for Hurricane Irma. The order allows the Adjutant General of the Virgin Islands to seize private property they believe necessary to protect the islands, subject to approval by the territory’s Justice Department.

Looks like they're afraid someone's gonna shoot back if the government attempts to steal their property.

ASSHOLE.

You think a little storm is more important than tyranny? Can you think of a time when you are more likely to need to protect yourself and your family than when faced with a "devastated infrastructure"? The rights of the people happen to be one of the few parts of the infrastructure the storm cannot threaten. So local government provides the threat. I hope the NRA tears them a new one in court and that the people refuse to surrender their weapons like our forefathers did with the British.

You think a little storm is more important than tyranny?

Wouldn't know about a "little storm". This one is a Cat 5 monster with 185mph winds, the strongest ever recorded. What kind of school did you go to where you learned the meaning of "little"?

Yeah considering that basic survival trumps everything else. Yours, Captain Obvious.

Can you think of a time when you are more likely to need to protect yourself and your family than when faced with a "devastated infrastructure"?

Yes. The rest of it.

I hope the NRA tears them a new one in court and that the people refuse to surrender their weapons like our forefathers did with the British.

I uh, doubt there's gonna be a whole lot of courting going on in a place with no power and half its buildings knocked down. Again, the focus is going to be on basic survival.

Amazing how many words spill out of the clueless who have no clue what a hurricane is.

Again, the post you quoted is not about "tyrannies" or "courts" or "the British". It's about antihuman sociopathic assholicity. That's why it quotes the OP, which is exactly that.

good , just watching Tucker on FOX and this is still a a pertinent story the the NRA will investigate and make noise about . Good to see and lots of gunowners will see the true intent of various government to disarm Americans .

agree on the offense , and machine guns are legal in many states as i figure that you probably know Bootney .

Wouldn't know about a "little storm". This one is a Cat 5 monster with 185mph winds, the strongest ever recorded. What kind of school did you go to where you learned the meaning of "little"?

Yeah considering that basic survival trumps everything else. Yours, Captain Obvious.

Can you think of a time when you are more likely to need to protect yourself and your family than when faced with a "devastated infrastructure"?

Yes. The rest of it.

I hope the NRA tears them a new one in court and that the people refuse to surrender their weapons like our forefathers did with the British.

I uh, doubt there's gonna be a whole lot of courting going on in a place with no power and half its buildings knocked down. Again, the focus is going to be on basic survival.

Amazing how many words spill out of the clueless who have no clue what a hurricane is.

Again, the post you quoted is not about "tyrannies" or "courts" or "the British". It's about antihuman sociopathic assholicity. That's why it quotes the OP, which is exactly that.

How exactly does civilian possession--or lack--of firearms have anything what-so-ever to do the threat posed by the storm?
I know enough about hurricanes to know that throwing away guns has never averted one.
Protection from armed looters is most definitely an example of basic survival preparedness. In this particular case the local government apparently wants to do the looting itself before the hurricane ever arrives.

AGREE , and i think that you can thank Ronald Reagan for NO new modern and cheap machine guns plus the ongoing flooding of the USA since his amnesty with third worlders Bootney .

Yes. The rest of it.

How exactly does civilian possession--or lack--of firearms have anything what-so-ever to do the threat posed by the storm?
I know enough about hurricanes to know that throwing away guns has never averted one.
Protection from armed looters is most definitely an example of basic survival preparedness. In this particular case the local government apparently wants to do the looting itself before the hurricane ever arrives.

thank you, this pogo is a punk that knows nothing. states he was in katrina yet the cops siezed guns during katrina and chaos rang out. the cops did it. the Mayor is in jail now. so this punk pogo doesn't know his hand from his face. everyday all day. he's a waste of language.

hey , mrobama said that you could keep your doctor and this governor / king says he never issued the order . I sure don't know as i post the little bit of info that i have . Maybe this well fed governor [probably a democrat] is the same kinda liar as mrobama Tipsy , i don't know .
The gun control idiots said that Obama was going to seize all of our guns.

How many of your guns did Obama seize?

How many guns has the Virgin Islands National Guards seized?
---------------------------------- just read the Order , about half way down on the page , the governor has the --- Authority --- to confiscate if he gets the whim or the urge . Course , as i said earlier , i don't suppose that the governor will disarm his body guards and other henchmen and SPECIAL people Syriusly . ------------ --- http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/NATL-GUARD.pdf --- read it agin Syriusly !!
I posted the actual language yesterday- here it is again

upload_2017-9-6_10-18-44-png.147799

'authorized to seize'

that isn't the order though. pull up the order from the GOVERNOR

Copied right from the governors order- it isn't the entire order- but I provided you the exact wording of his order in regards to arms and ammo.

Oh but there is. Want a clue? Last two words of your post as quoted.

In a natural disaster, that hungry or drowning or thirsty or deprived stranger becomes my brother or sister, and I theirs. For you they become a "target".

That's sociopathy. Classic.

And it's also suicidal. Dafuck are you gonna do after you've shot everybody and you're the only one left?
you have no survival skills so you wouldn't understand the position the governor has put them in. but that doesn't surprise me, because again, you have no logic.

Again -- I'm a Katrinite. I know exactly what survival skills are required. And none of them involve firearms in the remotest way.
BTW, they did confiscate guns and ammo during Katrina. Then the levis broke and the police left. Chaos ensued.

Read up on it- the police in New Orleans were confiscating guns long before Katrina.

How many guns were 'confiscated' during Katrina?
was there a count?
"

You keep talking about the guns that were seized- was it 2 guns?

or 10,000 guns?

Were the guns seized from law abiding citizens protecting their homes? Or were they seized from people committing crimes?

good , just watching Tucker on FOX and this is still a a pertinent story the the NRA will investigate and make noise about ..

Oh I am certain the NRA will get lots of mileage out of the governor using the law that has been on the books for decades.

Hell wouldn't be surprised if this is a big boost for the gun industry.

Yes. The rest of it.

And of course the governors order has nothing to do with 'throwing away guns'

Read the order- nothing about the local government wanting to loot anything.

Another good example of the gun nut hysteria.

How many guns were seized?

"It's raining and windy... You don't need your guns." Here we have a clear example of why the government should not have a registry of your personal arms.

Just going to point out once again that your thread title is a lie.

The governor issued no command to the National Guard to seize all guns and ammunition.

That claim is just gun nut hype and a lie intended to whip up the gun nut hysteria.

Still haven't heard of a single instance of any guns being seized.

The governor authorized the national guard to seize guns and ammo if necessary to perform its mission.

Which it apparently never did.

As I predicted.

Exactly my point. Thank you.

Of course not. Nor has it ever helped. You can't shoot bullets into a 185mph wind. Well you can but the results will be pointless and depending on wind direction wildly unpredictable. They're as useful as an 8-track tape player.

Actually it sounds like what you need is protection from your own paranoid hallucinations.

Just going to point out once again that your thread title is a lie.

The governor issued no command to the National Guard to seize all guns and ammunition.

That claim is just gun nut hype and a lie intended to whip up the gun nut hysteria.

Still haven't heard of a single instance of any guns being seized.

The governor authorized the national guard to seize guns and ammo if necessary to perform its mission.

Which it apparently never did.

As I predicted.

I have no doubt whatever that the national guard and/or local police saw as much utility in roaming around looking for guns with Irma approaching as any of us who have ever actually seen a hurricane --- Zero.

Most likely I'd guess their focus is, if they happen across them in the course of evacuations, to secure them so some whizzo gun fetishist like the OP here doesn't get a hold of them and start fucking things up even worse.

Forum List

Back