Governor of US Virgin Islands commands NG to seize all guns and ammo

You think a little storm is more important than tyranny?

Wouldn't know about a "little storm". This one is a Cat 5 monster with 185mph winds, the strongest ever recorded. What kind of school did you go to where you learned the meaning of "little"?

Yeah considering that basic survival trumps everything else. Yours, Captain Obvious.

Can you think of a time when you are more likely to need to protect yourself and your family than when faced with a "devastated infrastructure"?

Yes. The rest of it.

I hope the NRA tears them a new one in court and that the people refuse to surrender their weapons like our forefathers did with the British.

I uh, doubt there's gonna be a whole lot of courting going on in a place with no power and half its buildings knocked down. Again, the focus is going to be on basic survival.

Amazing how many words spill out of the clueless who have no clue what a hurricane is.

Again, the post you quoted is not about "tyrannies" or "courts" or "the British". It's about antihuman sociopathic assholicity. That's why it quotes the OP, which is exactly that.

How exactly does civilian possession--or lack--of firearms have anything what-so-ever to do the threat posed by the storm?
I know enough about hurricanes to know that throwing away guns has never averted one.
Protection from armed looters is most definitely an example of basic survival preparedness. In this particular case the local government apparently wants to do the looting itself before the hurricane ever arrives.

And of course the governors order has nothing to do with 'throwing away guns'

Read the order- nothing about the local government wanting to loot anything.

Another good example of the gun nut hysteria.

How many guns were seized?

Allowing local government to illegally seize (commit armed robbery) a person's guns is not only throwing guns away it is throwing freedom away by surrendering to tyranny. They don't have enough problems with the hurricane that they want to start a war on top of it?

"Read the order- nothing about the local government wanting to loot anything."

Read it
yourself. Illegal seizure=looting
The last time a major hurricane hit, they had gang violence erupt for days; we had to send the fucking cavalry. I linked it way back at the beginning of this thread somewhere.
Like Syriusly keeps saying, maybe we'd better see how many guns actually got confiscated before anyone gets all worked up?

Isn't "...gang violence for days" an excellent reason for the law-abiding to remain armed? Of course it is. In this case it appears the governor wants the NG to participate in the gang violence.

Wouldn't know about a "little storm". This one is a Cat 5 monster with 185mph winds, the strongest ever recorded. What kind of school did you go to where you learned the meaning of "little"?

Yeah considering that basic survival trumps everything else. Yours, Captain Obvious.

Yes. The rest of it.

I uh, doubt there's gonna be a whole lot of courting going on in a place with no power and half its buildings knocked down. Again, the focus is going to be on basic survival.

Amazing how many words spill out of the clueless who have no clue what a hurricane is.

Again, the post you quoted is not about "tyrannies" or "courts" or "the British". It's about antihuman sociopathic assholicity. That's why it quotes the OP, which is exactly that.

How exactly does civilian possession--or lack--of firearms have anything what-so-ever to do the threat posed by the storm?
I know enough about hurricanes to know that throwing away guns has never averted one.
Protection from armed looters is most definitely an example of basic survival preparedness. In this particular case the local government apparently wants to do the looting itself before the hurricane ever arrives.

Allowing local government to illegally seize (commit armed robbery) a person's guns is not only throwing guns away it is throwing freedom away by surrendering to tyranny. They don't have enough problems with the hurricane that they want to start a war on top of it?

Read it
The last time a major hurricane hit, they had gang violence erupt for days; we had to send the fucking cavalry. I linked it way back at the beginning of this thread somewhere.
Like Syriusly keeps saying, maybe we'd better see how many guns actually got confiscated before anyone gets all worked up?

the fucking cavalry- what the National Guard?

How could there be any gun violence if the Virgin Islands didn't seize all of the guns last time?
Them and the FBI, etc., all got sent down there. It was nuts. They didn't seize guns last time, and a bunch of chaos and violence resulted, so maybe (wisely or unwisely) the governor thought it might be a good idea this time to give the authorities the option of grabbing guns BEFORE it went cuckoo.

Yes. The rest of it.

Read it

Isn't "...gang violence for days" an excellent reason for the law-abiding to remain armed? Of course it is. In this case it appears the governor wants the NG to participate in the gang violence.
I can see that argument, if the cops couldn't get them from the non law abiding.

Yes. The rest of it.

Read it

Because of course- the governor ordered the National Guard to seize all private guns........LOL

I believe the count of seized guns has climbed to........zero.

"Exactly my point. Thank you."

Wrong. The silly shit you've been trying to sell is that is that the severity of the storm somehow justifies violation of Constitutional rights. It doesn't. End of story.

'Fraid not Spunkles. I've posted nothing about anybody's Constitutional rights, nor do I opine on them, nor do I care. What I did post was that the OP is a sociopathic asshole who's hunkered far, far away from any threat of this storm, wanking his noodle over his own fetish applied to people thousands of miles away who he doesn't even know, when their priority is far more basic survival. A priority that he, and apparently you as well, is completely oblivious to.

"Actually it sounds like what you need is protection from your own paranoid hallucinations".

Wrong again, I need protection from your paranoid delusion that guns in the hands of the law-abiding somehow creates a threat. The reality is that you are the threat.

I am in no way a "threat". If you and I are in a hurricane and you're in need of water and I have it --- you get it. That's how it works. If you see that as a "threat", hey don't fuckin' drink it. I could care about your paranoid imbecility.

''... any of us who have ever actually seen a hurricane..."

Actually those of us who have seen war know far more about the breakdown of infrastructure. Also we we tend to take a dim view of those who risk starting one.

Moving-The-Goalposts.jpg

Interesting approach ---- you're losing the hurricane so you want to start a war. :rofl:
Sorry, there is no "Irma War". You lose.

Most likely I'd guess their focus is, if they happen across them in the course of evacuations, to secure them so some whizzo gun fetishist like the OP here doesn't get a hold of them and start fucking things up even worse."

Exactly my point, thank you. Such seizure is illegal and unconstitutional. The governor does NOT have the authority to authorize or direct any such thing and the NG is probably well aware of that and simply ignored his bullshit. Hopefully so but that doesn't change the fact that the governor is in violation of the law and should be (but probably won't) be held accountable.

That's in no way the priority in a natural disaster so who the hell gives a flying fuck?

Again, you might as well concentrate on saving the 8-track tape player. While you're drowning.

The governor does not now-nor has he ever- had the authority to violate Constitutional rights or direct or authorize such violation. "...an old Virgin Isl. law..." is trumped by both the US Constitution and Federal law. It is part of the governor's job to know that.

You ah, know the Virgin Islands is not one of the United States, right?

Are you claiming to be an expert on VI law now?

Again ---- not in any way the priority. The priority is shelter and dry clothing and basic food and survival.
Not sure what kind of brain damage it takes to not-get that.

The death toll in the Virgin Islands is up to 3 now.

If only those three people hadn't had their guns seized they might be alive today.

And yes- it is in poor taste to joke at the tragic loss of their lives- which of course were neither taken or saved by guns. But by a force of nature.

Isn't "...gang violence for days" an excellent reason for the law-abiding to remain armed?

What sterling logic this is.

cartoon63.jpg

Yep, I know when I see a house on fire I come running with a can of gasoline...

Read it

Because of course- the governor ordered the National Guard to seize all private guns........LOL

I believe the count of seized guns has climbed to........zero.

Or as the gun nuts would have it ---- "almost one". :lmao:

---------------------------------- just read the Order , about half way down on the page , the governor has the --- Authority --- to confiscate if he gets the whim or the urge . Course , as i said earlier , i don't suppose that the governor will disarm his body guards and other henchmen and SPECIAL people Syriusly . ------------ --- http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/NATL-GUARD.pdf --- read it agin Syriusly !!
I posted the actual language yesterday- here it is again

upload_2017-9-6_10-18-44-png.147799

'authorized to seize'

So how many guns were seized?
that isn't the order though. pull up the order from the GOVERNOR

Copied right from the governors order- it isn't the entire order- but I provided you the exact wording of his order in regards to arms and ammo.

"Authorized AND DIRECTED to seize..."
Bottom line: if the people are protected by the US Constitution the the governors order is an illegal and tyrannical act in clear violation of the US Constitution which requires due process.

'authorized and directed to seize ...that may be required by the military forces for the performance of this emergency mission"

The governor invoked a Virginia law- his order was not illegal- if the law is unconstitutional- well then I am sure that the NRA will be taking them to court.

That type of hysteria always helps with NRA membership.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------may be required by the 'kings men' is what you mean Syriusly, feck'em Syriusly !!

You think a little storm is more important than tyranny?

Can you think of a time when you are more likely to need to protect yourself and your family than when faced with a "devastated infrastructure"?

Yes. The rest of it.

I hope the NRA tears them a new one in court and that the people refuse to surrender their weapons like our forefathers did with the British.

Read it
----------------------------------------- 'governor' figures that he has the AUTHORITY to seize guns and thats bad enough from an Americans point of view OldLady . And no one is worked up , i am happy that the 'governments' POSSIBLE intentions are being shown , right out in the open OldLady !!

And the question remains: How does a natural disaster in any way make make the seizure of legally and privately owned firearms necessary or even tolerable? Shouldn't the priority of government be the safety of the citizens rather than their oppression? Should it not be remembered that that silly shit at Lexington and Concord the British started a full blown shooting war and ended up getting their asses kicked and rightly so.

I posted the actual language yesterday- here it is again

'authorized to seize'

that isn't the order though. pull up the order from the GOVERNOR

Copied right from the governors order- it isn't the entire order- but I provided you the exact wording of his order in regards to arms and ammo.

"Authorized AND DIRECTED to seize..."
Bottom line: if the people are protected by the US Constitution the the governors order is an illegal and tyrannical act in clear violation of the US Constitution which requires due process.

'authorized and directed to seize ...that may be required by the military forces for the performance of this emergency mission"

The governor invoked a Virginia law- his order was not illegal- if the law is unconstitutional- well then I am sure that the NRA will be taking them to court.

That type of hysteria always helps with NRA membership.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------may be required by the 'kings men' is what you mean Syriusly, feck'em Syriusly !!

Deaths from the Hurricane: 3
Guns seized 0
Gun nut hysteria: rampant.

Yes. The rest of it.

Read it
----------------------------------------- 'governor' figures that he has the AUTHORITY to seize guns!

According to the law he does have that authority.

Funny how none of you numb nuts actually suggest that the law should be changed......

Funny how none of you numb nuts actually suggest that the law should be changed.....

Feel free to identify and quote any such law or does it just exist in your imagination?

Read it
----------------------------------------- 'governor' figures that he has the AUTHORITY to seize guns!

Funny how none of you numb nuts actually suggest that the law should be changed......
------------------------------------------------------ law shouldn't be there and this governor shouldn't have intentions to enforce it if it is there . No matter , this has worked out fine for gun owners as this is just another example of the way anti gunners work Syriusly .

Funny how none of you numb nuts actually suggest that the law should be changed.....

Feel free to identify and quote any such law or does it just exist in your imagination?

Since I have posted this excerpt twice now- which shows it right there

And a link to this was in the OP- the truth is out there for those who bother to read the posts.....

Read it

------------------------------------------------------ law shouldn't be there and this governor shouldn't have intentions to enforce it if it is there . No matter , this has worked out fine for gun owners as this is just another example of the way anti gunners work Syriusly .

Apparently those 'anti-gunners' were really busy in setting up the Virgin Islands law that has never been used to seize any guns.

But the NRA will make lots of money off of this for sure.

Read it

Apparently those 'anti-gunners' were really busy in setting up the Virgin Islands law that has never been used to seize any guns.

But the NRA will make lots of money off of this for sure.
------------------------------------------------------ good for the NRA Syriusly .

"That type of hysteria always helps with NRA membership."

Exactly as it should. Tyranny must be opposed.

That's why they keep making these types of moves. They're always gauging the resolve of gun owners and constitutionalists. The tyrants keep stirring the waters to brew necessary hysteria.

If the authorities kept trying to seize your car for "government purposes" and your hysteria and threats of legal retaliation kept making them go away, if not your hysteria justified in defense of your property? Would you eventually give up and let them take your car?

In fact, since you recognize that these moves generate hysteria, is not troublesome that Big Brother keeps bullying gun owners?

Forum List

Back