🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Governor of US Virgin Islands commands NG to seize all guns and ammo

According to the law he does have that authority.

Funny how none of you numb nuts actually suggest that the law should be changed.....

Feel free to identify and quote any such law or does it just exist in your imagination?

Since I have posted this excerpt twice now- which shows it right there
upload_2017-9-6_10-18-44-png.147799

And a link to this was in the OP- the truth is out there for those who bother to read the posts.....

You quote the governor quoting the title of the alleged law or regulation; not the content which might or might not actually apply to anything.

Did you miss seeing this?

"Congress later passed the 2006 Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act, which was meant to prohibit future confiscation of weapons during an emergency."

That refers to a Federal act which trumps the governors fiat bullshit as does the US (federal) Constitution. Further the National (federal) Guard troops are neither required nor allowed to follow orders that violate a citizens Constitutional rights. No, there is nothing legal about the governor's order.

How exactly does civilian possession--or lack--of firearms have anything what-so-ever to do the threat posed by the storm?

Exactly my point. Thank you.

I know enough about hurricanes to know that throwing away guns has never averted one.

Of course not. Nor has it ever helped. You can't shoot bullets into a 185mph wind. Well you can but the results will be pointless and depending on wind direction wildly unpredictable. They're as useful as an 8-track tape player.

Protection from armed looters is most definitely an example of basic survival preparedness. In this particular case the local government apparently wants to do the looting itself before the hurricane ever arrives.

Actually it sounds like what you need is protection from your own paranoid hallucinations.

"It's raining and windy... You don't need your guns." Here we have a clear example of why the government should not have a registry of your personal arms.

Just going to point out once again that your thread title is a lie.

The governor issued no command to the National Guard to seize all guns and ammunition.

That claim is just gun nut hype and a lie intended to whip up the gun nut hysteria.

Still haven't heard of a single instance of any guns being seized.

The governor authorized the national guard to seize guns and ammo if necessary to perform its mission.

Which it apparently never did.

As I predicted.

I have no doubt whatever that the national guard and/or local police saw as much utility in roaming around looking for guns with Irma approaching as any of us who have ever actually seen a hurricane --- Zero.

Most likely I'd guess their focus is, if they happen across them in the course of evacuations, to secure them so some whizzo gun fetishist like the OP here doesn't get a hold of them and start fucking things up even worse.

I went thru Charlie, and I'll go thru this one if it hits the west side of FL hard. When it's pitch black at night, and you're sleeping outside because there's no a/c or fans. And you're not running the generator to conserve fuel...my 45 colt is a reassuring weight on my hip. Even if it is just a psychological crutch...it's worth it's weight in gold.

I just don't understand how people like Pogo would invalidate the need for firearms at a time when law enforcement is not just "unlikely" to help you, but UNABLE to help you, because of how burdened they would be by the storm itself. There is never a greater need or time for a privately owned firearm.

I just don't understand how people like Pogo would invalidate the need for firearms at a time when law enforcement is not just "unlikely" to help you, but UNABLE to help you, because of how burdened they would be by the storm itself. There is never a greater need or time for a privately owned firearm.

Yeah you said that twice. I just don't understand how fucked up it has to be in your mind that you see the world as some kind of fucking jungle where everybody but Numero Uno is a target to be vanquished. That's just severely retarded. Actually if that's the case maybe you do need a firearm, for the purpose of putting a bullet through your own brain to end your misery because what the fuck is the point of living in a world like that.

I pity you.

How exactly does civilian possession--or lack--of firearms have anything what-so-ever to do the threat posed by the storm?

I know enough about hurricanes to know that throwing away guns has never averted one.

Of course not. Nor has it ever helped. You can't shoot bullets into a 185mph wind. Well you can but the results will be pointless and depending on wind direction wildly unpredictable. They're as useful as an 8-track tape player.

Protection from armed looters is most definitely an example of basic survival preparedness. In this particular case the local government apparently wants to do the looting itself before the hurricane ever arrives.

Actually it sounds like what you need is protection from your own paranoid hallucinations.

"It's raining and windy... You don't need your guns." Here we have a clear example of why the government should not have a registry of your personal arms.

The governor issued no command to the National Guard to seize all guns and ammunition.

That claim is just gun nut hype and a lie intended to whip up the gun nut hysteria.

The governor authorized the national guard to seize guns and ammo if necessary to perform its mission.

As I predicted.

I have no doubt whatever that the national guard and/or local police saw as much utility in roaming around looking for guns with Irma approaching as any of us who have ever actually seen a hurricane --- Zero.

Most likely I'd guess their focus is, if they happen across them in the course of evacuations, to secure them so some whizzo gun fetishist like the OP here doesn't get a hold of them and start fucking things up even worse.

I went thru Charlie, and I'll go thru this one if it hits the west side of FL hard. When it's pitch black at night, and you're sleeping outside because there's no a/c or fans. And you're not running the generator to conserve fuel...my 45 colt is a reassuring weight on my hip. Even if it is just a psychological crutch...it's worth it's weight in gold.

I don't think Missouri has much to be concerned about from Irma or any other hurricane -- too far inland to sustain it. Possibly a spawned tornado here and there on the outskirts, which would be our concern here.

Latest projection sends it northwest toward Nashville but that projection has been swinging all over the place. By the time it gets there though it will have long since degraded into a tropical depression.

This map will update every time you refresh the page. Amazingly it required no guns to calculate.

174437_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Currently skirting the north coast of Cuba. And has lost 60mph of max winds in the last couple of days from being partially starved by those land areas.

Anybody think there's a lot of shooting going on in Cuba right now?

No, me neither.

Last edited:
guns are simply an Americans RIGHT and a little fat feck 'vi' governor or national guard shouldn't say or think that they have the authority to take guns away from the people Pogo .

guns are simply an Americans RIGHT and a little fat feck 'vi' governor or national guard shouldn't say or think that they have the authority to take guns away from the people Pogo .

Suppose the governor decided to take away 8-track tape players?
That would be just as relevant to anything.

How many guns have these authorities braved 185mph winds to take away from the gangs people, Pismoe?

Gun nuts. Always gotta have their little fix especially on occasions like....

Hurricanes
Christmas
National Typewriter Day
St. Elmo's Fire Day
Days when the moon conjuncts Jupiter
Days that end in a Y

:rolleyes:

How many guns have these authorities braved 185mph winds to take away from the gangs people, Pismoe?

Hurricanes
Christmas
National Typewriter Day
St. Elmo's Fire Day
Days that end in a Y

-------------------------------------------- thing is that the little fat feck goveror thinks that he has the authority to take guns and thats bad enough Pogo !!

Hurricanes
Christmas
National Typewriter Day
St. Elmo's Fire Day
Days that end in a Y

-------------------------------------------- thing is that the little fat feck goveror thinks that he has the authority to take guns and thats bad enough Pogo !!

Here are four things I have no idea of and I strongly suspect neither do you:
  1. How much the governor weighs
  2. whether he has the authority to "take guns"
  3. How many guns have been "taken"
  4. Why the fuck anybody would give a rat's ass about 1/2/3 when there's a 185mph storm going on

As I predicted.

I don't think Missouri has much to be concerned about from Irma or any other hurricane -- too far inland to sustain it. Possibly a spawned tornado here and there on the outskirts, which would be our concern here.

Latest projection sends it northwest toward Nashville but that projection has been swinging all over the place. By the time it gets there though it will have long since degraded into a tropical depression.

This map will update every time you refresh the page. Amazingly it required no guns to calculate.

Currently skirting the north coast of Cuba. And has lost 60mph of max winds in the last couple of days from being partially starved by those land areas.

No, me neither.

Folk live in port charlotte. Like I said..,been thru this before. Packing up now.

Folks are still up north.

With ft myers is right around the corner...believe me...the guns are at the top of my list.

Last edited:

As I predicted.

No, me neither.

Folk live in port charlotte. Like I said..,been thru this before. Packing up now.

With ft myers is right around the corner...believe me...the guns are at the top of my list.

Don't forget the 8-track tape player. :)

I've been through hurricanes and aftermaths of hurricanes since I was a kid, on the east coast and the Gulf coast as well as in Canada. Some have involved evacuation, most have not. Some have involved relocation, short- or long-term. Most involved tracking the storm's path and knowing where to be or not be. Some have involved cleanup/salvage/repair or outright jettisoning of ruined property. Some have involved real questions of where and how to get something to eat since there's no power around and no businesses open and you're inside a ghost town.

NONE has ever involved a firearm in any way, nor did even the thought ever occur that it would be in any way a useful thing. Then again none of them involved an 8-track tape player either. Priorities of real life present themselves in the crunch ---- even if one is infatuated with 8-track tape players. It's amazing how profoundly irrelevant that 8-track becomes.

Last edited:

As I predicted.

No, me neither.

I've been through hurricanes and aftermaths of hurricanes since I was a kid, on the east coast and the Gulf coast as well as in Canada. Some have involved evacuation, most have not. Some have involved relocation, short- or long-term. Most involved tracking the storm's path and knowing where to be or not be. Some have involved cleanup/salvage/repair or outright jettisoning of ruined property. Some have involved real questions of where and how to get something to eat since there's no power around and no businesses open and you're inside a ghost town.

NONE has ever involved a firearm in any way, nor did even the thought ever occur that it would be in any way a useful thing. Then again none of them involved an 8-track tape player either. Priorities of real life present themselves in the crunch ---- even if one is infatuated with 8-track tape players. It's amazing how profoundly irrelevant that 8-track becomes.

Like I said, i've been through this before...
Weather: Thieves plunder in Charley's aftermath

If you want to remain unprotected, i've got no problem with that. Or protect yourself with an 8 track player. Or stay in the shelter, where it is safer. But if you don't take a firearm with you if you're alone at night, you're a fool.

As I predicted.

No, me neither.

Oh please, you haven't been through shit! You are nothing but a lucky fool who thinks that because he's been lucky in the past he's bound to be lucky in the future. You not only seem to believe that since bad things can't and don't happen to you they are entirely imaginary and should not concern anyone.
Ever been shot or stabbed or badly beaten? Ever been mugged or raped? Ever been the only defense standing between those you love and those who mean them harm? Ever feed families with what you could kill or catch? Come back (if you are able) after you've some actual pertinent experience and we'll see if you still talk such foolishness.

liberal democrats means fools , they think and ACCEPT that they are the pawns and sheeple of the elites and little fat fecks like the 'governor' of the 'virgin islands' .

Hurricanes
Christmas
National Typewriter Day
St. Elmo's Fire Day
Days that end in a Y

Here are four things I have no idea of and I strongly suspect neither do you:
  1. How much the governor weighs
  2. whether he has the authority to "take guns"
  3. How many guns have been "taken"
  4. Why the fuck anybody would give a rat's ass about 1/2/3 when there's a 185mph storm going on
--------------------------------------------------- Americans always need to be thinking ahead . 'governor' fat feck claims that he has the Authority to confiscate so why trust him that he won't exercise his pretend authority Pogo .

According to the law he does have that authority.

Funny how none of you numb nuts actually suggest that the law should be changed.....

Feel free to identify and quote any such law or does it just exist in your imagination?

Since I have posted this excerpt twice now- which shows it right there
upload_2017-9-6_10-18-44-png.147799

And a link to this was in the OP- the truth is out there for those who bother to read the posts.....

You quote the governor quoting the title of the alleged law or regulation; not the content which might or might not actually apply to anything.

You asked me to cite the law- I did.

If only there was a magic way to find out whether the law the governor cited was an actual law?

If only........

LexisNexis® Custom Solution: Virgin Islands Code Unannotated Research Tool

§ 1522. Authority of Governor for the attachment of articles and to order the closing of establishments

Whenever the Governor orders part or all of the military forces of the Virgin Islands into Territorial Active Military Service under section 1519 he may, by written order--

(1) Direct the Adjutant General or other appropriate authority to seize arms, ammunition, explosives, incendiary material, and any other property that may be required by the military forces.

(2) Prohibit the sale, exchange, loan or donation, during the emergency of arms, ammunition, explosives, gasoline, incendiary material or alcoholic beverages, and the closing of any establishment in which any such property is found.

(3) Declare a curfew, during such periods and with respect to such areas and persons as in his discretion the public safety requires.

(4) Any other powers authorized by law.

Upon termination of the emergency, compensation shall be paid by the Government of the Virgin Islands for the loss, damage, or destruction of any private property taken for Government purposes during the emergency.

yeah , tell me that this little fat feck wannabe gun stealer isn't despicable . We Americans have RIGHTS and not FAVORS that this guy has the Authority to just disregard Pogo . --- Home - U.S. Virgin Islands | Governor Kenneth E. Mapp ---
yeah , tell me that this little fat feck wannabe gun stealer isn't despicable . We Americans have RIGHTS and not FAVORS that this guy has the Authority to just disregard Pogo . --- Home - U.S. Virgin Islands | Governor Kenneth E. Mapp ---

He so wants to 'steal' your guns that not a single gun was seized.

Poor little gullible snowflakes.

The NRA has whipped you up into a frenzy again. You better go out and buy some more guns......

Current count of guns 'seized' in Virgin Islands: Zero

Current level of gun nut hysteria: Code Red

Forum List

Back