Great day for Red States!

What else do the homosexuals need to stop screaming about their mistreatment?

I am willing to give then pretty much anything if they will just shut-up....anything short of taking one in the ass myself to show solidarity.

You realize this entire episode was started by a few homophobic Tea Baggers in AZ?

I want to know which businesses specifically are being put out having to accept money from a man who happens to be staying in Phoenix with his pal for the weekend.

Gas Stations.

Restaurants. (gays don't eat at Denny's)

Hotels. (gays don't stay at shitty motels)

Man, I'm not sure if it is great for the gays in Arizona, they have lost the right to know if they are buying, eating or shopping at a place that does not like them and no one else will know either.

If I knew a place hated me or my lifestyle, my race, my religion, I would like to know and then I would not support such an establishment and encourage my friends to stop going to such establishments.

Now, we are back to hiding the hate, well let's hope free speech exposes the racists and the bigots.

Perhaps the Arizona law needed one more article. If you decide that your love of Christian virtues is so strong that you can openly hate another human being for being different, you should post a large sign in your front window stating "Due to our fervent belief in the Christ, the Prince of Peace, and His commandment that we love one another and do unto others as we would have others do unto us, we reserve the right to hate, fear and refuse service to homosexuals."

Then we'll sit back and see if warped interpretations of the teachings of Christ or the bottom line is more important.

It is great that Red States are starting to recognize the rights of all their citizens

It is a proud day

It truly is.

We are living in historic times, as American society becomes more inclusive, enlightened, and diverse – just as the Framers intended.

America is indeed the greatest country in the world, and the best America is yet to come.

I am willing to give then pretty much anything if they will just shut-up....anything short of taking one in the ass myself to show solidarity.

You realize this entire episode was started by a few homophobic Tea Baggers in AZ?

I want to know which businesses specifically are being put out having to accept money from a man who happens to be staying in Phoenix with his pal for the weekend.

Gas Stations.

Might be that some folks in Arizona want to send a message that Arizona ain't a Mecca for gays, and also that they don't give a damn if the message doesn't resonate in San Francisco.

Reminds me of Mississippi years ago. Terrible (and deserved) reputation. But the silver lining was that it kept Yankees out for decades.

By this remark, I don't mean to compare Homosexuals to Yankees, and if I have, I apologize to Homosexuals everywhere.

Oh, I thought this was going to be about Red States not needing money from Blue States. Silly me.

Gas Stations.

Might be that some folks in Arizona want to send a message that Arizona ain't a Mecca for gays, and also that they don't give a damn if the message doesn't resonate in San Francisco.

Reminds me of Mississippi years ago. Terrible (and deserved) reputation. But the silver lining was that it kept Yankees out for decades.

By this remark, I don't mean to compare Homosexuals to Yankees, and if I have, I apologize to Homosexuals everywhere.
And for being so exclusive, Mississippi has become then repository for every backward idea, regressive policy and repressive attitude. It also ranks high for its rampant poverty, lack of educational opportunities, dilapidated housing and poor public health. What a record of acheivement! Where ever there is a slum, a failing school, inadequate health care facilities and general regression toward ignorance and despair, people can always say "At least we're not living in Mississippi!"

At least Arizona bothered to go through the due legislative processes, rather than having a few dictators in black robes telling them what their laws are.

Federal Judges are to ignore unconstitutional laws?
Unconstitutional as determined by?

Dictators in black robes.

Strange how progressives are big states rights advocates when it comes to marijuana, but not so much when states want decide to decide their marriage statutes.

Sometimes the shoe is on the other foot, no? :confused:

At least Arizona bothered to go through the due legislative processes, rather than having a few dictators in black robes telling them what their laws are.

Strange how progressives are big states rights advocates when it comes to marijuana, but not so much when states want decide to decide their marriage statutes.

I guess you simply are not familiar with our checks and balances and the way our Judicial branch works here in the United States. But determining the constitutionality of laws is part of the job of our federal judicial branch.

Gas Stations.

The Right knows they're not going to win with their anti-gay bills. It gets them votes and approval from other homophobes. It's like the ever present war against abortion.

With Texas, so goes the country

The Supreme Court will no longer be able to dodge Gay Marriage and will have to make a decision for the whole country

I give it two years

It is great that Red States are starting to recognize the rights of all their citizens

It is a proud day

It truly is.

We are living in historic times, as American society becomes more inclusive, enlightened, and diverse – just as the Framers intended.

America is indeed the greatest country in the world, and the best America is yet to come.

Much like Civil Rights, The Red States are being brought to the 21st Century kicking and screaming

I guess you simply are not familiar with our checks and balances and the way our Judicial branch works here in the United States. But determining the constitutionality of laws is part of the job of our federal judicial branch.

Like legislating from the bench what was a fee is now a tax? :cuckoo:

Like legislating from the bench what was a fee is now a tax? :cuckoo:

Or that corporations are people

Gas Stations.

My old boss is gay and he loves Denny's and McDonald's. Do blacks like watermelon to?

Ignorance in stereotyping.

I am familiar with tyrants in black robes who believe that they are the law, striking down perfectly lawful votes of the people and their legislative bodies.

As I already noted, were one of them to strike down Washington's or Colorado's marijuana legalization, progressives like you would go into orbit.

I am familiar with tyrants in black robes who believe that they are the law, striking down perfectly lawful votes of the people and their legislative bodies.

As I already noted, were one of them to strike down Washington's or Colorado's marijuana legalization, progressives like you would go into orbit.
Denying rights to others is not a lawful vote

Whose rights were being denied by Propositions 8 or 187?

Whose rights were being denied by Propositions 8 or 187?

Let's have 97% of the population vote on what rights 3% of the population are allowed to have

How would you fare if you were in that 3%?

Yet another far left diversionary thread to cover the fact that their far left King Obama is a dismissal failure.

Our President had nothing to do with either one of those decisions

But thanks for showing you care

Exactly right.

STATES RIGHTS hahaha!! You'd think the right would applaud these two fine states flexing their states rights muscle.

To think, even after 6 years under dictatorship fascist totalitarianism of King Obama.........Arizona and Texas still govern themselves hahahaha!!!!!

Forum List

Back