Greatest Economy Ever at 1.9% GDP

Not even if you want to give credit to Trump for gains made under Obama

Why would Obama deserve credit for the nearly 6% gain in the S&P between Trump's election and his inauguration? Was lame duck Obama, with a Republican House and Senate doing something good for the market or the economy?

your idiotic claim that the market did better under Trump than Obama still remains bullshit.

You still can't do the math, can you?

Even with your skewed dates, Obama still did roughly 3 times better than Trump.

Hilarious!

What was Obama's annual return? Use 7.8 years.

What was Trump's annual return? Use 3 years.
"Why would Obama deserve credit for the nearly 6% gain in the S&P between Trump's election and his inauguration?"

Because Obama was still president and the economy was still driving under his policies. Whereas Trump had not passed a single one of his policies. Even worse for your ridiculous nonsense, there isn't a poster on this forum who knows you'd be blaming Obama, and not Trump, had the market gone down during that period.

"Hilarious! What was Obama's annual return? Use 7.8 years. What was Trump's annual return? Use 3 years."

What's hilarious is your utter desperation to keep shifting the parameters, hoping to find some algorithm to get Trump ahead of Obama.

But guess what? You fail yet again. :lmao:

Even using you're skewed date range and even using your math, Obama still comes out ahead....

Obama:
  • DJIA: UP 17%
  • NASDAQ: UP 31%
  • S&P500: UP 19%
Trump:
  • DJIA: UP 16%
  • NASDAQ: UP 20%
  • S&P500: UP 14%

Time for you to think up something new. This one's failed you 3 times now.

Obama:
Are you serious? LOL!

Show your work.
I already did, dumbfuck. I posted the market amounts for the dates you wanted in post #329 along with the percentage of growth. Then in post #338, I divided the results for Obama by 7.8 and Trumps by 3.0, just as your desperation begged.

It's not my problem you're a desperate liar who doesn't like the results.

:dance:

Obama:
Trump:
17% isn't 3 times better than 16%, 31% isn't 3 times better than 20% and 19% isn't 3 times better than 14%.

If Obama really saw a 17% annual increase in the Dow, over 7.8 years,
the Dow would have gone from 7949 to 27049.
Holyfuckingshit, are you ever retared. :cuckoo:

I never said 17% is 3 times better than 16%, 31% is 3 times better than 20% and 19% is 3 times better than 14%.

When I said Obama did roughly 3 times better than Trump, I used the following figures...

Obama:
  • DJIA: UP 130%
  • NASDAQ: UP 240%
  • S&P500: UP 151%
Trump:
  • DJIA: UP 49%
  • NASDAQ: UP 61%
  • S&P500: UP 43%
Leading you to cry like a bitch that I should use annual growth rates because Obama was president longer. That led to these figures...

Obama:
Trump:
Which I never said was 3 times greater for Obama. What I did say was even with your skewed dates the annual averages still favor Obama.

And I'm still waiting for you to show your math for how you would average 7.8 years of Obama's growth and 3.0 years of Trumps without using division...

When I said Obama did roughly 3 times better than Trump, I used the following figures...

Because you're really, seriously bad at math.

Leading you to cry like a bitch that I should use annual growth rates because Obama was president longer. That led to these figures...

Right, some more really, seriously bad math.
And I'm still waiting for you to show your math for how you would average 7.8 years of Obama's growth and 3.0 years of Trumps without using division..
DJIA
01/20/2009 ...... 7949.09
11/07/2016 ... 18,259.60
10/30/2019 ... 27,186.69

Obama Dow, (18259.6 / 7949.09) ^ (1 / 7.8) = (2.297067 ^ 0.128205) = 1.1125 or 11.25% annual return
Trump Dow, (27186.69 / 18259.6) ^ (1 / 3) = (1.488866 ^ 0.33333) = 1.14187 or 14.19% annual return.

Did you complain about Obama's .8 % growth?
Probably not (although it was quite a bit higher, as you know). But then, I was just thankful that we were getting out of the historic fucking mess he inherited.

And of course, he wasn't running around making stupid promises like 5% and 6% growth. Because he's not a buffoon like Trump.
Dufus thinks Obama is an economic genius.
And another lie.

You guys just make it up as you go, because your cult trains you to.

I wonder if you even realize it.
Now you deny claiming Obama is smarter than Trump with the economy.
Well, I'd certainly trust Obama to make decisions more than Trump, but I didn't say that.

The two Presidents faced drastically different situations. I don't compare the two because of that.

This is just another extrapolated fantasy you made up. You're in your own little world.
The situation Obama faced was caused by hedge funders and over regulation by members of congress.

Trump had to deal with the damage caused by decades of President and Congressional misconduct and neglect.

Trump has at least doubled the last Obama deficit. Repubs can’t pretend to be responsible...

What is your definition of a deficit?

Deficit%202000%20to%202020-X2.jpg
Sorry, almost doubled.

Really? The first three years of the Obama administration as opposed to the first three years of the Trump administration? Who knew?
So you are that dishonest? You are comparing recession deficits to a “booming” economy? The desperation is funny.

Last Obama deficit: $585b
Current deficit: over a trillion

Damn, you rightards are fucking desperate. Aside from the fact that Bush did nothing to prevent 9.11, It hurt our economy far less than Bush's Great Recession. Yet you bitch about including 9.11 but not Bush's Great Recession.

You really are desperate!

As you know, it was former President Bill Clinton who was the cause we never knew what was coming. President Bill Clinton "erected" a wall of silence between all 17 of our intelligence agencies. The theory was good, it was to prevent leaks of intelligence due to so many agencies having the information. The problem created was that what one agency learned, was not communicated to the agency that needed the information. There was no way to connect the dots, all the dots were in different agencies.
LOLOL

Bill Clinton even warned us --

Clinton's Post-Impeachment Push for Power -- March 1999 Phyllis Schlafly Report

Clinton predicted on January 22 that it is "highly likely" that a terrorist group will attack on American soil within the next few years. He is using this risk as the excuse to create a Domestic Terrorism Team headed by a military "commander in chief," with a $2.8 billion budget. We should not underestimate the deceit and deviousness of Clinton's plans to use aggressive presidential actions to wipe out public memory of his impeachment trial.

... the right lambasted him for it, claiming he was just being "devious."

Then Bush became president and ignored the warnings. The only person Bush warned was his own administration, like his own Attorney General, who knew to stop flying commercially. Bush was president. Bush ignored the warnings. Bush knew an attack was imminent. Bush did nothing to prevent the attack. That attack is on George W. Bush.

Probably not (although it was quite a bit higher, as you know). But then, I was just thankful that we were getting out of the historic fucking mess he inherited.

And of course, he wasn't running around making stupid promises like 5% and 6% growth. Because he's not a buffoon like Trump.
And another lie.

Well, I'd certainly trust Obama to make decisions more than Trump, but I didn't say that.

The two Presidents faced drastically different situations. I don't compare the two because of that.

This is just another extrapolated fantasy you made up. You're in your own little world.
The situation Obama faced was caused by hedge funders and over regulation by members of congress.

Trump had to deal with the damage caused by decades of President and Congressional misconduct and neglect.
Are you saying the Meltdown "was caused by hedge funders and over regulation by members of congress"?

Obama:
Are you serious? LOL!

Show your work.
I already did, dumbfuck. I posted the market amounts for the dates you wanted in post #329 along with the percentage of growth. Then in post #338, I divided the results for Obama by 7.8 and Trumps by 3.0, just as your desperation begged.

I posted the market amounts in post #329 along with the percentage of growth. Then in post #338, I divided the results for Obama by 7.8 and Trumps by 3.0,

You divided. Because you're a moron.
LOLOL

so when I showed the results of 7.8 years of Obama's growth and 3.0 years of Trump's growth, what operation other than division would you use to calculate average annual growth...?

what operation other than division would you use to calculate average annual growth...?

The correct one......DURR
LOLOLOL

Yeah, it looks like this ....

240% ÷ 7.3 = 31%
61% ÷ 3 = 20%

Don't ever try to calculate compound interest.....moron.

Trump has at least doubled the last Obama deficit. Repubs can’t pretend to be responsible...

Sorry, almost doubled.

Really? The first three years of the Obama administration as opposed to the first three years of the Trump administration? Who knew?
So you are that dishonest? You are comparing recession deficits to a “booming” economy? The desperation is funny.

In your world. I compare apples with apples, the same years of an administration with the same years of another administration. You pick and choose which years.

And far short of what’s needed to pay for the tax cuts. Remember the growth that was promised? You like huge deficits?

We'd have been there too had the Fed not chocked off the economy with their spikes in interest rates.

The economy is going to remain choked off even with the cuts. Far, far too many believe that Wall Street is the economy. It is not. No one was begging for rate cuts other than wall street.
Yeah, with this economy everyone will embrace communism.
Run with that, Sparky.

The banks are begging to steal our money (negative rates) maybe capitalism is nothing more than legal communism.

The banks are begging to steal our money (negative rates)

Why do you feel banks would benefit from negative rates?

And another lie.

Are you saying the Meltdown "was caused by hedge funders and over regulation by members of congress"?
That was a couple of the factors that caused it.

The meltdown was caused by many things but when the government got into speculating in shitty loans and tried to get people with lousy credit scores in homes they couldn't afford....that was the final straw.

And far short of what’s needed to pay for the tax cuts. Remember the growth that was promised? You like huge deficits?

We'd have been there too had the Fed not chocked off the economy with their spikes in interest rates.

The economy is going to remain choked off even with the cuts. Far, far too many believe that Wall Street is the economy. It is not. No one was begging for rate cuts other than wall street.
Run with that, Sparky.

The banks are begging to steal our money (negative rates) maybe capitalism is nothing more than legal communism.
When you’re successful like me you only keep change in the bank.

Obama:
Are you serious? LOL!

Show your work.

I posted the market amounts in post #329 along with the percentage of growth. Then in post #338, I divided the results for Obama by 7.8 and Trumps by 3.0,

You divided. Because you're a moron.
LOLOL

so when I showed the results of 7.8 years of Obama's growth and 3.0 years of Trump's growth, what operation other than division would you use to calculate average annual growth...?

what operation other than division would you use to calculate average annual growth...?

The correct one......DURR
LOLOLOL

240% ÷ 7.3 = 31%
61% ÷ 3 = 20%

240% ÷ 7.3 = 31%
61% ÷ 3 = 20%

If anyone wanted evidence that liberals are bad at math......here's a good example.

Run with that, Sparky.

FREE money. Capitalists love their FREE stuff.

Run with that, Sparky.

Good thing Commies want to pay for everything.

Run with that, Sparky.

Where do banks get free money under a negative rate scenario?
Be specific.

Sorry, almost doubled.

In your world. I compare apples with apples, the same years of an administration with the same years of another administration. You pick and choose which years.
One inherits a recession from a republican. The other inherits a strong economy from a dem. Wow you are dishonest. It’s sad.

More like 4.5%.
The myth keeps growing with each liar!

We know liberals aren't very good at math.
Well that would make YOU a Liberal!

When you get a chance, calculate the growth from 83-88 and post the results.
I think people forget we used to have strong growth, Clinton years even stronger.
The dot com boom helped drive the economy in the 90's even amidst economist telling us that a bust was coming. Housing prices soared, dot coms were buying Superbowl commercials like cray, they were way overpriced on the market. Interests rates were low, people borrowing 125% of the market value of their homes.

And another lie.

That was a couple of the factors that caused it.

The meltdown was caused by many things but when the government got into speculating in shitty loans and tried to get people with lousy credit scores in homes they couldn't afford....that was the final straw.
Okay!

"Why would Obama deserve credit for the nearly 6% gain in the S&P between Trump's election and his inauguration?"

Because Obama was still president and the economy was still driving under his policies. Whereas Trump had not passed a single one of his policies. Even worse for your ridiculous nonsense, there isn't a poster on this forum who knows you'd be blaming Obama, and not Trump, had the market gone down during that period.

"Hilarious! What was Obama's annual return? Use 7.8 years. What was Trump's annual return? Use 3 years."

What's hilarious is your utter desperation to keep shifting the parameters, hoping to find some algorithm to get Trump ahead of Obama.

But guess what? You fail yet again. :lmao:

Even using you're skewed date range and even using your math, Obama still comes out ahead....

Obama:
Trump:

Time for you to think up something new. This one's failed you 3 times now.

Obama:
Are you serious? LOL!

Show your work.

:dance:

Obama:
Trump:
17% isn't 3 times better than 16%, 31% isn't 3 times better than 20% and 19% isn't 3 times better than 14%.

If Obama really saw a 17% annual increase in the Dow, over 7.8 years,
the Dow would have gone from 7949 to 27049.
Holyfuckingshit, are you ever retared. :cuckoo:

I never said 17% is 3 times better than 16%, 31% is 3 times better than 20% and 19% is 3 times better than 14%.

Obama:
  • DJIA: UP 130%
  • NASDAQ: UP 240%
  • S&P500: UP 151%
Trump:
  • DJIA: UP 49%
  • NASDAQ: UP 61%
  • S&P500: UP 43%

Obama:
Trump:
Which I never said was 3 times greater for Obama. What I did say was even with your skewed dates the annual averages still favor Obama.

And I'm still waiting for you to show your math for how you would average 7.8 years of Obama's growth and 3.0 years of Trumps without using division...

Because you're really, seriously bad at math.

Right, some more really, seriously bad math.

And I'm still waiting for you to show your math for how you would average 7.8 years of Obama's growth and 3.0 years of Trumps without using division..

DJIA
01/20/2009 ...... 7949.09
11/07/2016 ... 18,259.60
10/30/2019 ... 27,186.69

Obama Dow, (18259.6 / 7949.09) ^ (1 / 7.8) = (2.297067 ^ 0.128205) = 1.1125 or 11.25% annual return
Trump Dow, (27186.69 / 18259.6) ^ (1 / 3) = (1.488866 ^ 0.33333) = 1.14187 or 14.19% annual return.
LOLOL

How the fuck do you get 11.25% from 1.1125??

1.1125 = 111.25%

face-palm-gif.278959

Sorry, almost doubled.

One inherits a recession from a republican. The other inherits a strong economy from a dem. Wow you are dishonest. It’s sad.

One inherits a recession from a republican.

A recession that ended in June 2009.

The other inherits a strong economy from a dem.

You mean Obama's 2016 economy? 1.6% was strong?

upload_2019-10-31_14-42-15.png

Real Gross Domestic Product | FRED | St. Louis Fed

Forum List

Back