Gun Control and Logic

You are buying into the NRA AR-15 Card Carrying Cult Club whether you deny it or not.
For those with a reasonably intact mind, here's a short history of the NRA. It was formed in 1871 by two Union soldiers who had concerns that their troops couldn't hit anything with a rifle. Its mission was to "promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis". The weapons involved were the same as those used by the military, and though NRA programs have been expanded this pattern continues to this day, i.e. well trained civilian marksmen, able to defend themselves, their loved ones, and our country.

The "military vs civilian" firearms is a ruse concocted by anti-gun Leftists/Marxists, and promoted by radicalized flunkies such as Daryl Hunt.

Bottom line, there has always been a strong connection between firearms used by the military and those used by civilians, because true Patriots see no separation in ideology between these groups. The NRA has never strayed from this mission.

doesnt the NRA support banning of "WEAPONS OF WAR" style firearms???

as well as other restrictions???

oh how times have changed

No, the NRA is against almost all gun regs. They didn't used to be. They supported the 1934 Firearms Act but stopped supporting it sometime in the 70s. Before the 70s, the NRA worked with the Schools, Boy Scouts, etc. for gun safety and more. Their programs were the top programs in the nation. The go to for every one. Today, they do less and less of this and are primarily working towards getting rid of any and all gun regs through their political wing using litigation using large donations from the various gun manufacturers. They sell guns in a round about way and protect the assets of the Gun manufacturers above all else.

I used to be a NRA member until they changed under new management.

you ever gonna step up and tell us what you think the 2nd should say???

and sorry youre wrong about the NRA and their record proves it

You first. You tell me what it should read. I think you know it is too ambiguous as it is written. Especially the part about the Militia which no longer applies and hasn't since 1917. And please, don't just use those few words of the last phrase. Modernize it.

And nope, I am not. I used to be a NRA member. I left it sometime in the 70s when it got a change in management and completely changed it's mission. It no longer did all the really good things as it's sole mission anymore. It started working for the Gun Manufactures instead of the greater good of the young people.

He's still an asshole who thinks courage comes from the barrel of a gun.

It takes a lot of courage to use a gun to keep a coward with a gun from killing or maiming the ones you love. It never made sense to me that limiting gun rights of lawful gun owners as a means to mitigate the risk from unlawful gun owners.

Gun Regulation within reason is a good thing. Just like rules for anything, you need rules and common sense. Without them things can get pretty dicey very quickly for those that don't play by any rules. Believe it or not, most people are law abiding and will abide by the laws. Give them good laws.

You are buying into the NRA AR-15 Card Carrying Cult Club whether you deny it or not.
For those with a reasonably intact mind, here's a short history of the NRA. It was formed in 1871 by two Union soldiers who had concerns that their troops couldn't hit anything with a rifle. Its mission was to "promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis". The weapons involved were the same as those used by the military, and though NRA programs have been expanded this pattern continues to this day, i.e. well trained civilian marksmen, able to defend themselves, their loved ones, and our country.

The "military vs civilian" firearms is a ruse concocted by anti-gun Leftists/Marxists, and promoted by radicalized flunkies such as Daryl Hunt.

Bottom line, there has always been a strong connection between firearms used by the military and those used by civilians, because true Patriots see no separation in ideology between these groups. The NRA has never strayed from this mission.

No, the NRA is against almost all gun regs. They didn't used to be. They supported the 1934 Firearms Act but stopped supporting it sometime in the 70s. Before the 70s, the NRA worked with the Schools, Boy Scouts, etc. for gun safety and more. Their programs were the top programs in the nation. The go to for every one. Today, they do less and less of this and are primarily working towards getting rid of any and all gun regs through their political wing using litigation using large donations from the various gun manufacturers. They sell guns in a round about way and protect the assets of the Gun manufacturers above all else.

you ever gonna step up and tell us what you think the 2nd should say???

and sorry youre wrong about the NRA and their record proves it

You first. You tell me what it should read. I think you know it is too ambiguous as it is written. Especially the part about the Militia which no longer applies and hasn't since 1917. And please, don't just use those few words of the last phrase. Modernize it.

And nope, I am not. I used to be a NRA member. I left it sometime in the 70s when it got a change in management and completely changed it's mission. It no longer did all the really good things as it's sole mission anymore. It started working for the Gun Manufactures instead of the greater good of the young people.
as I've said several times, its fine as written,,your turn

and sorry the NRA's record speaks for itself

There is no cult and there never was. And don't pretend to know anything about me. I am not a member of the NRA

There still is a cult. You are part of that cult. But it's getting smaller every day. But it's fighting to keep from shrinking with all it's might. It was created by the NRA to sell more guns after some really radicals took control of it. The NRA of the 40s and 50s would never have done what the modern NRA does today. The old NRA was truly a Godsend for gun safety and training. Today, it's become the political arm of the Gun Manufacturers.

How can I be part of an AR 15 cult when I have never owned one?

In fact none of the rifles I own have pistol grips or pic rails and all of them would be 100% legal in any state that has an "assault weapon " ban. Unlike you I know that add on doodads don't do shit to make any rifle "more deadly"

Yes and we all know your opinion is fucking gospel right?

Any MORON who who thinks a pistol grip makes a gun more dangerous that the exact same gun without a pistol grip is the one buying into the fucking Groupthink. FYI that would be you

And any gunnuter that doesn't know that the cult of the gun needs to be taken as a mental disease needs to do a self evaluation.

How many guns do you own?

I could call you a gun nut too and a control freak , and a groupthinker of the first order and a fucking idiot

Not one proposed gun law in the past 10 years would keep a fucking criminal from getting a gun. Every gun law in the past 10 years has been targeting legal gun owners who will never commit any crime never mind a gun crime

Last edited:

It takes a lot of courage to use a gun to keep a coward with a gun from killing or maiming the ones you love. It never made sense to me that limiting gun rights of lawful gun owners as a means to mitigate the risk from unlawful gun owners.

Gun Regulation within reason is a good thing. Just like rules for anything, you need rules and common sense. Without them things can get pretty dicey very quickly for those that don't play by any rules. Believe it or not, most people are law abiding and will abide by the laws. Give them good laws.
It's not common sense to think a pistol grip is what makes a rifle an assault weapon

I see a bit of Irony here. And I don't reserve the word "Conservative" for you characters. I do reserve the term "Nutcases". I know a number of Conservatives that don't have a problem with the laws we have here. But the nutcases seem to and that goes for both sides.
Gee, stolen valor, that -really- hurts my feelings.
Why don't you lie to us some more? We really like that.

True in 1791. True in 1851. No longer true in 1865.
You do realize you're just spouting meaningless numbers here, right? You should check back with your handlers, you're really blowing this one!

The irony is that most conservatives have come to loath Heller/McDonald and believe that Scalia ‘betrayed’ them.
The real irony is liberals who pretend to know what "most conservatives" think.
Nonsense.

We see proof of the right's contempt for 2nd Amendment case law every day in this forum; indeed, in this very thread.

The irony is that most conservatives have come to loath Heller/McDonald and believe that Scalia ‘betrayed’ them.

The fact is that Scalia merely reaffirmed the settled, accepted fact that the Second Amendment right is not ‘unlimited,’ that government has the authority to regulate and place restrictions on the commercial sale of firearms, and that the policy of rendering certain individuals prohibited persons is perfectly Constitutional.
No, you're a dumb fuck.

What Scalia did was save the pants shitters like you from the REAL consequences of the 14th Amendment. He abandon is principles for the sake of preventing an all-out mass panic attack. If he properly interprets the 2A as it relates to the 14th, felons would have unrestricted access to machine guns.

What he technically should have done is declare all federal and state gun laws unconstitutional, requiring a repeal of the shitty, stupid, clumsy-as-fuck 14th. After a period of panic and pants-shitting by pussy motherfuckers, the repeal process would have begun. That would have put the power solely in the hands of the States.

For the most part,it IS in the power of the state. With the exception of sawed off shotguns and the really nasty weapons of war like automatic weapons, bombs, explosives and the like. I can't imagine even a day with those things being legal waiting for the suits to be settled. You think the criminals and nutcases are hard to handle now, check out how the world would be even for that single day. Danged, you even exceeded the nutcase ruling on this one.

What Scalia and company did was allow the States and lower governments to do the regulations. That's the way it's supposed to be. It's already done without the murder and mayhem of your nutjob idea. But that's not good enough for you. YOU want to make all the laws yourself and the voters be damned. Due Process is involved in the 14th but you overlook the 10th that clearly states that any law that is not covered in the Constitution shall be delegated to the state. And outside of the 1934 Firearms Act, that means that all other firearm regulations must be delegated to the State and lower governments and cannot be done at the Federal Level. You keep misquoting and misunderstanding the 2nd amendment.
You're buying into the complete BULLSHIT "interpretation" of the 2A and federal preemption.

There's a reason the 1934 Firearms Act was done as a tax. Do you know why?

You've already demonstrated your comprehensive ignorance of Second Amendment case law.

Not one proposed gun law in the past 10 years would keep a fucking criminal from getting a gun. Every gun law in the past 10 years has been targeting legal gun owners who will never commit any crime never mind a gun crime
This is as ignorant as it is ridiculous and wrong.

and there we have it,,,

case law clayton to the rescue,,,

He says, knowing full wall he has no hope of supporting his claim.

Regulation within reason of anything is the key phrase. Overregulation has negative effects. In the the case of guns, you can overregulste to the point where the law has essentially ceded to adversaries and rendered more risk and less rights to the law abiding citizen.

Forum List

Back