Gun Debate Illustrates Two Different Americas

Nobody will take my gun.

Ya know why?

I aiin't a nut.

Correct. Nobody will take away your gun. And if you want to keep it that way, make sure Democrats never have leadership in this country again.

Dummy. I'm now a Democratic party "operative". I spend every free moment working to get Democrats elected to office. From city council to US senator.

And I ain't worried about anyone coming for my gun.

You're not.....huh?

Maybe you missed my earlier post. But here is what the Democrats in my state are proposing:

Ohio firearms bill sparks strong views | News, Sports, Jobs - Marietta Times

Now if you bother to read it (I'm sure you won't) what they want is a confiscation of all semi-automatic guns. If YOU DO know anything about guns, you realize that few are revolvers. Most people with hand guns use semi-automatic.

So what the Democrats here want to do is to leave people with revolvers and non-semi automatic rifles. Now that's a real defense against a criminal with a 20 round semi-automatic handgun.

So if you are pushing for more Democrats, this is exactly what you are pushing for.

Be careful what you wish for......it just may come true.

And any GOP representative who crosses
The NRA gets primaried out of power. By the NRA and its Goons. No one is against hunting rifles and shotguns. And handguns for a very few. And that was always enough until this NRA Dupe insanity.
WHAT NRA dupe insanity ? Try telling us what you're talking about. If you know.

And you're also off topic. The topic is about the dichotomy between the gun culture and the anti-gun culture, Not necessary to bring th NRA into this one bit.
There never were two cultures until the NRA bought the GOP and all these psycho guns came on the market.
The politicians aren't "bought" by the NRA. The politicians recognize that the NRA consists of millions of actual voters and that there are many more millions of gun owning voters that aren't in the NRA. While not a member of the NRA, I agree with their stance, as do millions of other non-NRA gun owners.

My experience with USMB is most anti-gunners know little to nothing about guns. You can tell when they refer to magazines as clips, or ask stupid questions like why do we desire high capacity magazines? They really believe shooting a gun is like they see in a movie. You hit everything you shoot at.

Democrats are born liars, so they tell us their are avid shooters and also have multiple guns in their home. I file those claims along with the libs that tell me they have their own business, work from home, or are independently wealthy, yet want government to take more money from them.

Almost as if t was planned and scripted that way, your post was immediately followed by one that seemed almost perfectly crafted to prove your points…

and there Is the real problem, brainwashed right wing dupes of the Pander to the rich NRA GOP. Owned and operated by the greedy idiot rich.

My experience with USMB is most anti-gunners know little to nothing about guns. You can tell when they refer to magazines as clips, or ask stupid questions like why do we desire high capacity magazines? They really believe shooting a gun is like they see in a movie. You hit everything you shoot at.

Democrats are born liars, so they tell us their are avid shooters and also have multiple guns in their home. I file those claims along with the libs that tell me they have their own business, work from home, or are independently wealthy, yet want government to take more money from them.

Almost as if t was planned and scripted that way, your post was immediately followed by one that seemed almost perfectly crafted to prove your points…

and there Is the real problem, brainwashed right wing dupes of the Pander to the rich NRA GOP. Owned and operated by the greedy idiot rich.
So you don't know who owns Fox and Heritage and Rush, super dupe?

The NRA gets primaried out of power. By the NRA and its Goons. No one is against hunting rifles and shotguns. And handguns for a very few. And that was always enough until this NRA Dupe insanity.

And you're also off topic. The topic is about the dichotomy between the gun culture and the anti-gun culture, Not necessary to bring th NRA into this one bit.
There never were two cultures until the NRA bought the GOP and all these psycho guns came on the market.
The politicians aren't "bought" by the NRA. The politicians recognize that the NRA consists of millions of actual voters and that there are many more millions of gun owning voters that aren't in the NRA. While not a member of the NRA, I agree with their stance, as do millions of other non-NRA gun owners.
People don't know much until it goes on the airwaves paid for by the NRA who are bloated with money when some GOP guy strays. And no, Democrats don't want to take anybody's guns d u h.

Back when I was a first year college student, I was taught the definition of a nation. Among other things, that definition showed a nation as being a single culture. But in America today, with respect to the subject of guns, we have 2 separate cultures. Those who like (and appreciate) them, and those who despise and fear them.

On USMB, I've heard gun owners referred to as "gun nuts", "gun freaks", etc. They're sometimes referred to as "the gun culture". Well, just as easily, those who dislike/fear guns, could be called the Anti-gun culture.

Perhaps this dichotomy has a relation to how Americans begin adulthood. Millions of high school kids go straight to college, never spending a minute in the military, or anywhere getting introduced to firearms. Most have never even touched a real gun, much less receive training on it. Making things worse, is that college teachers, who also never touched a gun, and whose left-wing political bearings, make them automatic gun opponents.

Millions of other kids bypass college entirely, and go straight into the military, after high school. Unlike the college kids, these young soldiers, sailors, marines, etc. aren't exposed to the leftist propaganda so prolific on college campuses, but they do have lots of introductions to firearms, thereby becoming familiar with and knowledgable of them. So, for the major pars of their adult lives (after college or the military), America is divided generally, into these 2 very differing groups.

Having spent 6 years in the US Army and Army National Guard, and then attending college for 4 years, I noticed a huge gap in gun perception in this 2 groups. I was often taken aback, sometimes humored, by the stiff and robotic way that my college cohorts perceived just the thought of guns. The college kids, with no direct exposure to guns, and lots of indoctrination against them, actually though that the only people to ordinarily possess a gun were police and criminals.

They really thought that if you weren't a cop or military person, you shouldn't have a gun, and had no idea why anyone else would. In contrast, my former Army National Guard buddies had whole collections guns, of various types, each suited for various purposes. They could take apart their M4A1s, M-14s, AR-15s, clean them, and put them back together blindfolded, in accordance with their military training.

How disconcerting it is to hear education system people worrying about things happening with guns in schools, when these fears emanate mostly from ignorance of guns, and how to handle and secure them. Equally perplexing and disturbing is their amazing lack of worry about the danger of guns not being there (in the schools), for the very necessary PROTECTION they provide.

Those who speak about the "gun culture" should do some self-examination, with regard to the anti-gun culture, and the hows and whys of its existence.

Once again you are talking out of your ass.

There are many gun owners, and people who appreciate guns- who also believe that there can and should be reasonable restrictions on guns or gun ownership

Should we allow machine guns? Bump stocks? .50 sniper rifles? Armor piercing ammo?

But no one wants to talk about anything in the middle- one is always claiming that the other sides once to take all of their guns, and the other side is always claiming that the first side doesn't care about gun violence.

The majority of Americans want both the right to own guns and also want reasonable restrictions on the purchase and ownership of firearms and their accessories.

That is what neither side wants to talk about.
You know nothing of firearms
You are a gun dealer.

The situation is typically broken down into two camps.

Dualism is the disease of humanity.

Back when I was a first year college student, I was taught the definition of a nation. Among other things, that definition showed a nation as being a single culture. But in America today, with respect to the subject of guns, we have 2 separate cultures. Those who like (and appreciate) them, and those who despise and fear them.

On USMB, I've heard gun owners referred to as "gun nuts", "gun freaks", etc. They're sometimes referred to as "the gun culture". Well, just as easily, those who dislike/fear guns, could be called the Anti-gun culture.

Perhaps this dichotomy has a relation to how Americans begin adulthood. Millions of high school kids go straight to college, never spending a minute in the military, or anywhere getting introduced to firearms. Most have never even touched a real gun, much less receive training on it. Making things worse, is that college teachers, who also never touched a gun, and whose left-wing political bearings, make them automatic gun opponents.

Millions of other kids bypass college entirely, and go straight into the military, after high school. Unlike the college kids, these young soldiers, sailors, marines, etc. aren't exposed to the leftist propaganda so prolific on college campuses, but they do have lots of introductions to firearms, thereby becoming familiar with and knowledgable of them. So, for the major pars of their adult lives (after college or the military), America is divided generally, into these 2 very differing groups.

Having spent 6 years in the US Army and Army National Guard, and then attending college for 4 years, I noticed a huge gap in gun perception in this 2 groups. I was often taken aback, sometimes humored, by the stiff and robotic way that my college cohorts perceived just the thought of guns. The college kids, with no direct exposure to guns, and lots of indoctrination against them, actually though that the only people to ordinarily possess a gun were police and criminals.

They really thought that if you weren't a cop or military person, you shouldn't have a gun, and had no idea why anyone else would. In contrast, my former Army National Guard buddies had whole collections guns, of various types, each suited for various purposes. They could take apart their M4A1s, M-14s, AR-15s, clean them, and put them back together blindfolded, in accordance with their military training.

How disconcerting it is to hear education system people worrying about things happening with guns in schools, when these fears emanate mostly from ignorance of guns, and how to handle and secure them. Equally perplexing and disturbing is their amazing lack of worry about the danger of guns not being there (in the schools), for the very necessary PROTECTION they provide.

Those who speak about the "gun culture" should do some self-examination, with regard to the anti-gun culture, and the hows and whys of its existence.

There are many gun owners, and people who appreciate guns- who also believe that there can and should be reasonable restrictions on guns or gun ownership

Should we allow machine guns? Bump stocks? .50 sniper rifles? Armor piercing ammo?

But no one wants to talk about anything in the middle- one is always claiming that the other sides once to take all of their guns, and the other side is always claiming that the first side doesn't care about gun violence.

The majority of Americans want both the right to own guns and also want reasonable restrictions on the purchase and ownership of firearms and their accessories.

My problem is what you want to use to restrict someone right to bear arms with.

The No-Fly list is one tool many on the left believe should be used but my problem is the fact is the list is faulty and would be used to deny someone Constitutional Right based off someone name.

Now before you claim the list is not that faulty, well it did have Ted Kennedy on it and also it is easy to get on but hard to get off.

So what is reasonable gun laws are not reasonable to me.

Also the Florida shooting could have been prevented and the warning signs were there and failure falls on the Federal and Local Authorities.

If you have laws already on the books that could have prevented a mass shooting and LEO failed to do their job then you have to blame LEO and not pass more laws.

Also remember the Nightclubs Massacre in Florida and the failure between agencies that happen, and again the failure is never noticed while many on the left call for more gun laws that will do very little to stop another mass shooting.

So when you come up with something that will stop criminals then let talk but as far as I know criminals never obey laws.

The No-Fly list is one tool many on the left believe should be used but my problem is the fact is the list is faulty and would be used to deny someone Constitutional Right based off someone name.

That and nobody (to my knowledge) on that list has ever been involved in shooting yet alone a mass shooting.

The supposed "anti-gun culture" has arisen from the downturn in overall American cultural values and civility. I was raised with guns, which my father kept locked up, and shot them (at targets). BUT, this was at a time when no one threatened each other, one didn't see pictures of so-called Americans loitering around on American street corners dressed in camouflage costumes brandishing military weaponry, no one was pushing the absurd idea that the point of having guns was to "protect" oneself from our own government rather than foreign invasion, as was the case when the 2nd Amendment was written, before the invention of automatic weaponry and before the creation of the National Guard, no one sent threatening messages to their fellow Americans with whom they disagree, such as:

"I am buying up my ammo right now you filthy, ugly, disgusting, fat, stupid, cruel, anti-Christian piece of liberal scum," she read aloud. "I am getting ready for the war so I hope you have a good hiding place, you sick, disgusting, miserable, piece of degenerate lesbian scum."
we weren't continually experiencing mass shootings, and race gangs weren't running around in the woods playing soldier. The only problem that might implicate guns in some sections of the country during this time was racial hostility.

My father was a gentleman with a quiet demeanor, a strong sense of ethics, a respect for humanity, and impeccable manners. He would never, ever have indulged in the sort of behavior I've described.

The population of untrustworthy and unethical low-lifes in this country has seemed to increase exponentially in the last few decades, while the weaponry they have access to has increased exponentially in power. This uncivilized and sometimes mentally-ill behavior is the source of "anti-gun culture."

The NRA does not represent gun owners. The NRA represents the gun industry. Those millions of dues paying members are fools. And I would be willing to bet that NRA loses more members per year than it gains new ones as more and more of those fools open their eyes.

Like raising the age to purchase any firearm to 21. The majority of the American public supports that position. Many NRA members also support raising the age to 21. But not the NRA because gun manufacturers and gun dealers don't want to lose the few under 21 year old customers that they have.

What about closing the gun show loophole? Again, I believe the majority of the American public supports closing that loophole and mandating permits for all gun purchases, both public and private. I don't doubt countless NRA members support it as well. But not the NRA. And the reason why is absolutely sinister.

Look. I have known some gun runners. Hell, North Carolina is a big supplier of guns on the Iron Pipeline. It ain't that damn hard. You go to a gun show. You purchase a half dozen guns or so, sometimes in the parking lot. Then you take a drive up I-95, or better, head to Chicago.

Now, all the NRA talk defending that loophole; about making gun transactions bothersome, or restricting personal freedoms, or even passing down guns to heirs becoming problematic, is nothing but a big smoke screen. What they are really defending, what they are really worried about, is the continued ability to circumvent gun laws and, just like the age requirement, reach those customers that are members of MS-13, or convicted felons, are just some person convicted of domestic violence that is prevented from legally owning a gun. They don't represent their members, they don't represent the people, they don't even give a fat rat's ass about the second amendment except to the extent that it enables the GUN INDUSTRY to peddle their wares to, not just "law-abiding citizens", but anyone and everyone else that can push a few dollars across the counter. Their immigration, legal, or mental status be damned.

Refusing to accept that firearms, as well as American society and culture, have evolved since the eighteenth century leads to the impossibility of intelligent debate.

But in America today, with respect to the subject of guns, we have 2 separate cultures. Those who like (and appreciate) them, and those who despise and fear them.

Actually, there are three separate cultures. The two you cited and the third being comprised of those of us who couldn't care either way.

Guns are not the issue, erosion of the family unit coupled with a decadent morally bankrupt society is. The erroneous belief that the passage of a law will deter crime and solve a particular social issue is naive, ignores the root problem, simply abdicates social responsibility to an over extended and taxed judiciary and penal system to handle. Laws only apply to those individuals that follow them whom are well on the way to becoming a minority in this country.

That's not it at all.

What we on the right realize is what the left's entire goal is, and in this topic, it's to disarm Americans.

Yeah- you on the right's tinfoil brigade.

I know- that there are some of you that actually believe that tripe- and there are some of you who just put out that lie to whip up the fear in gun owners and gin up business for gun sellers.

But its just the usual BS that prevents any real discussion about gun violence.

“Gun nuts” are unwavering extremists . They assume every gun owner thinks like them . They don’t .

They assume any gun control = banning all guns . Which is rediculous .

The gun nut is a misonfirmist when it comes to gun debates . And spare me with the “you are ignorant of guns “ gun nerd move . You try to bully people with gun minutia to avoid the facts about assault weapons .

Those who want to take guns away can only be described as anti-Americans.

And that's to put it nicely.

There is only one America, and then there are the un-Americans.

Last edited:

“Gun nuts” are unwavering extremists . They assume every gun owner thinks like them . They don’t .

They assume any gun control = banning all guns . Which is rediculous .

The gun nut is a misonfirmist when it comes to gun debates . And spare me with the “you are ignorant of guns “ gun nerd move . You try to bully people with gun minutia to avoid the facts about assault weapons .

You want to discuss facts about assault weapons? Go ahead, you first. I'll be glad to talk about assault weapons with you any time.

Gun Debate Illustrates Two Different Americas

Yes the old dying hardcore more guns are good crowd and then the new generation of of Americans with common sense, guess which ones be around and the majority in 15 - 20 years

That's not it at all.

What we on the right realize is what the left's entire goal is, and in this topic, it's to disarm Americans.

Yeah- you on the right's tinfoil brigade.

I know- that there are some of you that actually believe that tripe- and there are some of you who just put out that lie to whip up the fear in gun owners and gin up business for gun sellers.

But its just the usual BS that prevents any real discussion about gun violence.

WTF would I care about gun sellers?

The only thing stopping Democrats from taking our guns is the Constitution and the judges that protect it. Other than that, Democrats would take all our guns. Don't believe me? Would you like me to post links of what they said and even legislation offered in various states? We can start with mine you know. I think I already posted the link a couple of times. If you can't find it, just ask, I'll post it again.

Forum List

Back