"Gun Nuts" ???

Dude you don't have a clue. I'm a living historian I do first person impression's of civil war soldiers North Aand South I have to do a lot of research to pull off the 19th century time warp so it will be convincing to the 21st century viewer. And my research says you're full of shit.

Oh, you're a Civil War re-enactor, that gives you all sorts of insight. Really.

355921.jpg

Yes I do some re-enactments from time too time, but I love doing living history's enteracting with people who come to those events. I have too do my research because people pay money too see what life as a civil war soldier was like and I try too make sure everything is as accurate as possible
Let's just say I am more informed on the American civil war than you are.

I think my cats are more informed on the Civil War than Joey is.

355921.jpg

Yes I do some re-enactments from time too time, but I love doing living history's enteracting with people who come to those events. I have too do my research because people pay money too see what life as a civil war soldier was like and I try too make sure everything is as accurate as possible

I think my cats are more informed on the Civil War than Joey is.

Having been a VERY active Civil War reenactor, there really are some dimwits who get into that hobby and couldn't tell you the difference between Alexander Stevens and Cat Stevens. On the other hand, I met some SERIOUS historians as well. Conversely, I met some brilliant historians while getting my masters in history, and also met some dimwits. It's an endless topic, really, something that big. But you will NOT find many baffoons doing Revy War reenacting. Those are some serious and highly motivated people. They put us Civil War reenactors to shame, actually.

Too funny

I am not a historian.....but I play one on TV

I started in 1995 with the 14th NCST
I've been in the 13th NCST
and the regiment my great great grandfather was in 21st SCVI I've done a living history at Fort Anderson where he was captured.
Here's a bit of history for you The battle of fort anderson is the only battle the US Army surrendered to the US Navy
I've even been in a couple of documentaries
National Geographic
Along the Neuse river

and one segment on HBO's going to California.
By doing so I was able too meet a few from the cast of the Patriot.
Joely Richardson Lisa Brenner and Leon Rippy
Drank a couple of beers with Leon
and also meet a couple of professional extra's that just happen to have been from my home town.

Hey, I did that from 1990 to 2013 - 64th Ohio Volunteer Infantry, Company A, same unit my great great g-father fought all four years for during the REAL war. I was an extra in "Gettysburg" and had a chance to do "Andersonville" but was working on my masters in history and didn't want to miss class - I kick myself for that now because it was such a great flick. Did you do Spring Hill, Tennessee in 1995? That was the last "mega" I did because I really didn't like them.

I had a chance to do Gods and Generals. But I couldn't break away from the real world.
I'm hardcore progressive. less is better bedroll sleeping under the stars. Depending on the period I'll make my own hardtack. The events I have been too go from west Virginia down too South Carolina. Never did an event in Tennessee.
Funny story that made me the hero of the battle of New Market Virginia
I beat the shit out of one of the event coordinators. He was an ass and desereved it.

Dude you don't have a clue. I'm a living historian I do first person impression's of civil war soldiers North Aand South I have to do a lot of research to pull off the 19th century time warp so it will be convincing to the 21st century viewer. And my research says you're full of shit.

355921.jpg

Suuuuuuure you are. You piss in a bucket on weekends. Then you go back to your cheeze puff and your widescreen and your internet and whine about the bad old gummit wanting to take your guns.

355921.jpg

Suuuuuuure you are. You piss in a bucket on weekends. Then you go back to your cheeze puff and your widescreen and your internet and whine about the bad old gummit wanting to take your guns.

What the fuck dude? Are you smoking crack again?

If you fear the government and arm yourself to take up arms against your country.....you ARE a gun nut

If you are willing to kill to protect your guns.........you ARE a gun nut

I guess the founding fathers were nuts (read my sig).

I guess the Patriots at Lexington and Concord, protecting their armory from the Brits were also gun nuts.

You sir, are a classic Loyalist.

AND HEY, JoeB131 posted above me! Everyone say hello to him here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...tennesee-1946-ever-occured-3.html#post6878891

Liberals like to refer to people who support the Second Amendment as being "gun nuts".

By this rationale would those who support the First Amendment be considered "word nuts"?

Without the second there would not be a first...think about it.

Bullshit.

Most industrialized countries have freedom of speech, religion, etc. without widespread gun ownership.

In fact, Americans probalby have less freedom of speech. Probably because all our speech is controlled by big corporations.

If you fear the government and arm yourself to take up arms against your country.....you ARE a gun nut

I guess the Patriots at Lexington and Concord, protecting their armory from the Brits were also gun nuts.

]

I don't get gooey over the founding slave rapists, frankly.

They saved us from being - gasp - Canadians.

Sorry, man, I've been to Canada. Other than the weather, it's rather nice.

AND HEY, JoeB131 posted above me! Everyone say hello to him here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...tennesee-1946-ever-occured-3.html#post6878891

The Revolution was won by the Continental army and the French

Not a bunch of gun nuts

Liberals like to refer to people who support the Second Amendment as being "gun nuts".

By this rationale would those who support the First Amendment be considered "word nuts"?

You have it backwards

The first amendment makes the second amendment worthless. It is the right of We the People to protest and freely pass information to support our VOTE that makes the second amendment useless

The second amendment has supported our first amendment rights in over 235 years

People who support the second amendment should have to live in a log cabin and fight off injuns and red coats, the way the amendment was intended. :D

People who support the second amendment should have to live in a log cabin and fight off injuns and red coats, the way the amendment was intended. :D

Those people who support the first amendment should have their computers, TV, telephones Radios, CD's DVD's Pencils pens automobile mail carrier taken away for ever.

Bullshit.

Most industrialized countries have freedom of speech, religion, etc. without widespread gun ownership.

In fact, Americans probalby have less freedom of speech. Probably because all our speech is controlled by big corporations.

In England you can't write about the queen.

Although owning a gun is quite effective at repelling against home invasion, it was never intended as the number one reason for the Second Amendment, in fact hunting and self-defense were simply fringe benefits.

The primary purpose of our Constitution and Bill of Rights was to limit the power and responsibilities of Government as a safeguard to ensure We the People would never be defenseless and at the mercy of political tyrants.

Although owning a gun is quite effective at repelling against home invasion, it was never intended as the number one reason for the Second Amendment, in fact hunting and self-defense were simply fringe benefits.

The primary purpose of our Constitution and Bill of Rights was to limit the power and responsibilities of Government as a safeguard to ensure We the People would never be defenseless and at the mercy of political tyrants.

You are. :D

Forum List

Back