🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

guns: a real sad story from south Carolina

Give us a break, she is emotional, prolly making $10 bucks an hour,her husband just died a year latter the wounds still don't heal... And now the poor mother has to deal with this? It wasn't her fault. She did the best as she could.
If she had done the best she could, her child would still be alive. A gun is a very dangerous tool. Why do people who would never leave a butcher knife where a child could get at it, leave something far more dangerous, a gun, within reach of a child?

Listening to the radio on the way home, a little 3 year old killed himself with a gun he found in his mommys dresser. The gun was her 37 year old husband who passed away last year. It turns out she removed the clip but didn't know a enough about guns and didn't know there was a bullet in the chamber. Sad, your thoughts?
Sounds like ignorance ruled the day.

People who leave guns where children can get at them, with this result, should be prosecuted for negligent homocide. Let the jury decide if there are extenuating circumstances.
Under SC law, criminal negligence is defined as the reckless disregard of the safety of others.
"Reckless disregard". Good luck proving that.

Were this an isolated case, the gun nuts might have an arguement. But it is not an isolated case. We see accounts of young children finding their parents weapons and killing themselves or some other child on a weekly basis. There seems to be a lot of incompetance in the handling of guns in this nation.
Darwin. So what?

^this idiot blames the 3 year old

Were this an isolated case, the gun nuts might have an arguement. But it is not an isolated case. We see accounts of young children finding their parents weapons and killing themselves or some other child on a weekly basis. There seems to be a lot of incompetance in the handling of guns in this nation.
Less then 800 accidental discharges a year kill people. And no not all are children. But you would remove the rights RIGHTS of 320 million people because of it. Tell ya what? When you petition to have all swimming pools beaches and rivers shut down so no children can drown in them I might consider your argument.

Less then 800 accidental discharges a year kill people. And no not all are children. But you would remove the rights RIGHTS of 320 million people because of it. Tell ya what? When you petition to have all swimming pools beaches and rivers shut down so no children can drown in them I might consider your argument.

Good point....

"From 2005-2009, there were an average of 3,533 fatal unintentional drownings (non-boating related) annually in the United States — about ten deaths per day. An additional 347 people died each year from drowning in boating-related incidents. About one in five people who die from drowning are children 14 and younger."

CDC - Water-Related Injuries Facts - Home and Recreational Safety - Injury Center

sorry, not true...there are less than 100 accidental gun deaths with children each year....out of a country of 310 million people...in fact...accidental gun deaths and children are on the decline....

May this woman find some forgiveness for herself....a terrible accident...

what we need are gun safety classes in schools,so that all children learn this about guns...had she learned this in grade school she might have realized the gun was still loaded....teach gun safety along with fire safety...it will save children's lives.....

Last edited:
Listening to the radio on the way home, a little 3 year old killed himself with a gun he found in his mommys dresser. The gun was her 37 year old husband who passed away last year. It turns out she removed the clip but didn't know a enough about guns and didn't know there was a bullet in the chamber. Sad, your thoughts?

A terrible tragedy and I feel for her. However your attempt to create an emotional appeal for more gun control is pointless, and an insult to the poor kid.

I would like to point out though.....a 3 year old firing a pistol....I don't know....just registering my doubts.....

Darwin. So what?

I most certainly did not. Why do you feel the need to lie, Mal?

Darwin. So what?

I most certainly did not. Why do you feel the need to lie, Mal?

Then explain your Darwin comment

Pete

Who said that? How come you won't give this young girl a break? The simsponville south Carolina cops won't press charges

She just didn't know. She thought she did the right thing and removed the clip and her 3 year old son is dead

My son bought a Ruger 9mm that has an interesting safety feature, it won't fire if the magazine is out of the gun. My Glock sure will, but this one has a catch that engages the safety when the mag is dropped - for this very reason.

Who said that? How come you won't give this young girl a break? The simsponville south Carolina cops won't press charges

She just didn't know. She thought she did the right thing and removed the clip and her 3 year old son is dead

My son bought a Ruger 9mm that has an interesting safety feature, it won't fire if the magazine is out of the gun. My Glock sure will, but this one has a catch that engages the safety when the mag is dropped - for this very reason.

It's called a "magazine disconnect" and with anything mechanical, can fail. Plus a good friend of mine who was a cop in Santa Barbara had a near death experience when he bailed from his car when a bad guy was pointing a rifle at him. He had inadvertently pressed the mag release button just enough to kick the mag loose which disabled his pistol.

Fortunately the bad guy didn't pull the trigger.

To a previous poster where in my OP or other posts in this thread? I advocate for more gun control?

Forum List

Back