Guns are great, great for killing, maiming and used for fun.

Do you have a point?
Yes. Red states need to get their blue cities under control.

Higher gun violence in Republican led states and cities.

Mississippi, Louisiana, KY, Alabama and Missouri highest per capita murder rate. all voted for Trump

Murder rate in the 25 states Trump carried, 40% higher overall.

You guys love to point to Chicago and Detroit because they are blue states but you left all this out.

The goal isn't to eliminate all gun violence just lessen it.
So you agree:
None of the "common sense" gun laws you want would have stopped the LV shooter.
Why, then, did you bring him up and try to attach those "common sense" laws to his shooting?

1649863285371.png

So you agree:
None of the common sense" gun laws you want would have stopped the LV shooter.
Why, then, did you bring him upo and try to attach those "common sense" lasws to his shooting?
Other common sense gun laws might have stopped him.

Michel, who owns Dixie GunWorx, tells NPR's Lulu Garcia-Navarro that he remembers Paddock coming into his store on three occasions earlier this year. Michel says he spends a lot of time talking with his customers, so he can screen them. To him, Paddock didn't seem suspicious or off in any way. So Michel sold him a gun.

Now in the aftermath of the mass shooting, Michel is doing some soul-searching. He discusses with Lulu all that has been going through his mind since he heard the identity of the shooter.

The biggest thing ... for me, specifically because I was the one that ended up doing the final sale to him is: Did I miss anything? Did I miss a red flag? Is there some way that I could have prevented this? Was the firearm that we sold him used? Could I have stopped this? ... All those kinds of questions kind of go through your head and in the end, the answer is no. He was a perfectly legitimate customer that asked not the perfect questions, but the right questions to get rid of red flags.

....I am also somebody that doesn't believe the average everyday citizen should own a machine gun.

I'm not saying that I can understand it because my point of view is a little different. I definitely get where they're coming from and the fear that it can bring. And so I definitely can see that side of it. I don't believe we need more regulation in the United States. I think that there's thousands upon thousands of firearm laws that are on the books right now. I do believe though 100 percent that we should have more enforcement of these laws. ... The enforcement side of it, I think, in my opinion, would be a way of ruining or stopping some of these plans that are made by bad people.

Other common sense gun laws might have stopped him.

Michel, who owns Dixie GunWorx, tells NPR's Lulu Garcia-Navarro that he remembers Paddock coming into his store on three occasions earlier this year. Michel says he spends a lot of time talking with his customers, so he can screen them. To him, Paddock didn't seem suspicious or off in any way. So Michel sold him a gun.

Now in the aftermath of the mass shooting, Michel is doing some soul-searching. He discusses with Lulu all that has been going through his mind since he heard the identity of the shooter.

The biggest thing ... for me, specifically because I was the one that ended up doing the final sale to him is: Did I miss anything? Did I miss a red flag? Is there some way that I could have prevented this? Was the firearm that we sold him used? Could I have stopped this? ... All those kinds of questions kind of go through your head and in the end, the answer is no. He was a perfectly legitimate customer that asked not the perfect questions, but the right questions to get rid of red flags.

....I am also somebody that doesn't believe the average everyday citizen should own a machine gun.

I'm not saying that I can understand it because my point of view is a little different. I definitely get where they're coming from and the fear that it can bring. And so I definitely can see that side of it. I don't believe we need more regulation in the United States. I think that there's thousands upon thousands of firearm laws that are on the books right now. I do believe though 100 percent that we should have more enforcement of these laws. ... The enforcement side of it, I think, in my opinion, would be a way of ruining or stopping some of these plans that are made by bad people.

Anytime anyone uses the term "Common Sense Gun Control" I immediately dismiss them. That's a parrot term used by dumb parrots.

Pointing out the idiocy of trying to increase gun laws outside places that already have draconian unconstitutional gun law.
Ohhh okay gotcha. Because yeah, it moreso looked like the ramblings of an old man in a rocking chair on the front porch.

Forum List

Back