GUNS must GO

Why are so many pro-gun advocates hopelessly clinging to a mirage of a "right" that's never, in this history of the USA, been approved by the federal courts, just so people can keep being murdered by firearms?

The American people are tired of gun violence. They're tired of dealing with it, and they're tired of half-baked solutions to end it. Banning the sale and possession of handguns will work. It's a definite step towards ending the violence that's killing thousands and thousands across the United States every year.

The United States is the number one exporter of small arms in the world, and while the gun lobby claims criminals won't listen to legislation, the gun industry will. Legislation is just what is needed and NOW !

Banning the sale and possession of handguns will NOT work. It will ensure that law-abiding citizens won't own handguns...but for those who are comfortable circumventing the law, there will always be options.
Which would leave the criminals with guns and law-abiding citizens without...yeah, that sounds like a great idea...for the criminals.
Personally, I support laws that encourage the owners of firearms to be responsible-trigger locks, gun safes, permits for carrying in public contingent on passing a firearms course, etc. Background checks are certainly reasonable too.
But banning firearms isn't the answer.
We are a violent culture...as cliche as it might sound, it's not guns that are responsible...it's people.

I dont support legislation in regards to condition I keep my gun in. Use trigger locks and safes if YOU want to.....dont mandate it.

Why are so many pro-gun advocates hopelessly clinging to a mirage of a "right" that's never, in this history of the USA, been approved by the federal courts, just so people can keep being murdered by firearms?

The American people are tired of gun violence. They're tired of dealing with it, and they're tired of half-baked solutions to end it. Banning the sale and possession of handguns will work. It's a definite step towards ending the violence that's killing thousands and thousands across the United States every year.

The United States is the number one exporter of small arms in the world, and while the gun lobby claims criminals won't listen to legislation, the gun industry will. Legislation is just what is needed and NOW !

Banning the sale and possession of handguns will NOT work. It will ensure that law-abiding citizens won't own handguns...but for those who are comfortable circumventing the law, there will always be options.
Which would leave the criminals with guns and law-abiding citizens without...yeah, that sounds like a great idea...for the criminals.
Personally, I support laws that encourage the owners of firearms to be responsible-trigger locks, gun safes, permits for carrying in public contingent on passing a firearms course, etc. Background checks are certainly reasonable too.
We are a violent culture...as cliche as it might sound, it's not guns that are responsible...it's people.

I dont support legislation in regards to condition I keep my gun in. Use trigger locks and safes if YOU want to.....dont mandate it.

No one would know. It's behind closed doors. I bought a Taurus .45 last week - they gave me a gun lock. I'm not using it.

I don't even have a gun safe. Just me here. Not worried about someone grabbing the gun and playing with it.

If saying that people must have gun locks or gun safes will keep the anti-gun people happy and leave me along, I'll tell them whatever they want to hear.

I agree Dave. I don't think there is any anergy in this country to repeal the 2nd amendment anyway.

No one would know. It's behind closed doors. I bought a Taurus .45 last week - they gave me a gun lock. I'm not using it.

I don't even have a gun safe. Just me here. Not worried about someone grabbing the gun and playing with it.

If saying that people must have gun locks or gun safes will keep the anti-gun people happy and leave me along, I'll tell them whatever they want to hear.

I understand the logic...but I fear they have no end to the little regulations they tag on here and there. Its their attempt to neuter our rights into obscurity. I try to fight it all...every last bit of it. They want control.

Pretty soon....they'll want to have limitations on how much we wipe our own asses....you know...to save trees n shit.

As you point out, "behind closed doors"...
The reason I support trigger locks and gun safes is because there are just too damn many incidents where kids are getting their hands on loaded firearms...with tragic results.

We had one rocket scientist in my area who kept his handgun stashed in the-get this-cookie jar in a cupboard in the kitchen. His little boy got his hands on it one day when sneaking after a cookie and killed himself.

So-how you keep your firearms behind closed doors may still be essentially a matter of preference, but stronger legislation-and stronger penalties for those who don't exercise common sense-might encourage people in living situations where children could potentially have access to take appropriate and sensible precautions.

Oh....and congratulations on the new purchase. Is this your first handgun??

Stock up on the ammo while you can.....

Thanks.

Not my first. Glock 19, the new Taurus .45 and a Walther .22

Between the three, I have close to 2000 rounds in the closet. I try to shoot every week (but at least every other) - probably 5 clips each so I use around 200 rounds every time I shoot. I try to keep a good stock, but as you know, ammo is flying off the shelves.

The reason I support trigger locks and gun safes is because there are just too damn many incidents where kids are getting their hands on loaded firearms...with tragic results.

We had one rocket scientist in my area who kept his handgun stashed in the-get this-cookie jar in a cupboard in the kitchen. His little boy got his hands on it one day when sneaking after a cookie and killed himself.

So-how you keep your firearms behind closed doors may still be essentially a matter of preference, but stronger legislation-and stronger penalties for those who don't exercise common sense-might encourage people in living situations where children could potentially have access to take appropriate and sensible precautions.

Dude....there are 1,000,000 ways a kid can kill themself in a house. Is there "Regulation" on poisons and chemicals being locked up in the house??

Are electrical outlets mandated by law to be locked down or covered at all times??

Are swimming pools "regulated" to be sealed by hard covers at all times when not in use??

The answer is no.....

The reason is that those items pose no threat to the government.....they could give two shits how many kids die each year as a result of anything.....except guns of course.

I spend countless hours making sure my kids havent gotten into something dangerous....swallowing lego's....falling down the stairs...jumping off the bed....goofing off in the bathtub....

I have no fear they will shoot themself though....and my house has a god damn arsenal in it.

Between the three, I have close to 2000 rounds in the closet. I try to shoot every week (but at least every other) - probably 5 clips each so I use around 200 rounds every time I shoot. I try to keep a good stock, but as you know, ammo is flying off the shelves.

I sure like those G-19's.....they're the AK's of the handgun realm. True work horses.

Save that ammo though. One trick I use is that whenever I go get ammo to shoot , I stock half of it and shoot the rest. I never grab from the stock pile...so it just grows and grows.

I sure like those G-19's.....they're the AK's of the handgun realm. True work horses.

Save that ammo though. One trick I use is that whenever I go get ammo to shoot , I stock half of it and shoot the rest. I never grab from the stock pile...so it just grows and grows.

You are right about the 19. So sweet. Accurate. Feels perfect in the hand. It is my fave.

My range always has ammo for all three. They are reloads but that is ok. Since I am a member, I get it at a discount.

I take a box of each in case they are out (which at times, they have been).

Of course, half of my 9 and .45 are hollow points so they don't go to the range.

Dude....there are 1,000,000 ways a kid can kill themself in a house. Is there "Regulation" on poisons and chemicals being locked up in the house??

Are electrical outlets mandated by law to be locked down or covered at all times??

Are swimming pools "regulated" to be sealed by hard covers at all times when not in use??

The answer is no.....

The reason is that those items pose no threat to the government.....they could give two shits how many kids die each year as a result of anything.....except guns of course.

Actually, there are plenty of regulations that are passed in the name of child safety. They didn't start mandating car seats because of any threat posed to the government...same with child-proof caps on drugs and other harmful products...and there are laws that mandate reasonable precautions to try to keep kids away from unattended swimming pools, laws to try to keep adults from recklessly endangering children, etc.

None of them were passed because of any threat posed to the government.

I definitely mistrust government, but there's no sense to being paranoid about it...if you think they're coming to get ya you can always take off the trigger locks, and lock and load...

Thanks.

I trust people with a gun license far more than a drivers license ... cool for you.

Thanks.

I trust people with a gun license far more than a drivers license ... cool for you.

I have had my carry permit for many years.

Thank you.

Never, but never give up your weapon or means to protect yourself. I understand ppl die from guns alot. Those numbers are not very great when you compare them to deaths cause by wars...in which both sides are financed by the same banker families. Hell not only do they finance wars, they actually (without anyones consent) direct countries into war..of course they control media..so dumb ppl just go along and thinking they are patriotic...fuel the propaganda of the elites. I promise you one thing. If ppl give up their arms...it's game over..and ppl will be enslaved even more. Wake up ...the enslavement is made so comfortable , until you like it, you think its the way life is suppose to be...Do me a favor next time you endorse anyone...check out the family history...the dirt...the seed dosen't fall far from the tree. These natzi's have already been running our country with them old played out tactics they use over and over again...wake up ppl...please! They always create a catastrophy...then wait for us to beg them for the solution...which always take away our rights....Stop being so scared ppl....nothing to be afraid of...before the elites ever thought of the concept of currency....no race, country...ever really had big wars...all we did was freakin trade....think on that

I have shocking news for you -but the function of US federal courts is not to decide what "rights" government will ALLOW Americans to have. It is to interpret the law as it is written -not make law. The job of the Supreme Court is to interpret the Constitution and insure the laws passed by government are in accordance with the Constitution -as it actually exists. Not as some wished it was. The Constitution is not a list of suggestions, but a CONTRACT that spells out the terms by which the people of this nation have AGREED to be governed. As part of that agreement is the RIGHT of citizens to own guns with government specifically forbidden from interfering with that right or any of the other ones in the Bill of RIGHTS. Which is why the Supreme Court recently struck down the gun ban in Washington, DC as a violation of the Constitutional rights of those residents. If simply passing a law would strip everyone of this right, that would mean it was never a right at all but just a privilege -along with the rest of the Bill of Rights. But rights aren't something government GIVES -it is something people CLAIM for themselves and that government cannot take from them. Which is why our contract with government, our Constitution - specifically forbids government from interfering with any of these rights.

Stripping Americans of a right listed in the Bill of Rights would require a Constitutional Amendment. Which would require the majority of people in at least 38 states voting to voluntarily forfeit this right -no matter what may happen in the future, no matter what crisis may occur. No matter what. As difficult as it would be to strip Americans of any of their Constitutional rights -it would still be far more difficult to get it back again. If you think that is something even a simple majority of people would agree to do in this country anytime in the foreseeable future -then you are not occupying space in reality. Time for you anti-gun whackos to get over it and realize the answer for the tiny minority who abuse rights and commit crimes in any society - is to enforce laws that punish the crime and criminal. You do NOT punish the freedom and rights of the hundreds of millions guilty of NOTHING by stripping all of this right. Quit making up bullshit about this. It is a fact that gun ownership is not the cause of the homicide rate in this country . That rate has never changed as the result of tighter gun control laws. That you just keep insisting and PRETENDING it would will never justify some Canadian demanding that hundreds of millions of law-abiding Americans be stripped of their rights! Your contention that gun ownership causes our homicide rate is PROVABLY WRONG and a lie.

But even if some Supreme Court allowed Congress to violate the Constitution and upheld a law that stripped all Americans of this right -how do you propose government go about enforcing it? At least 50% of all households in this country are believed to own at least one gun with literally hundreds of millions of legally owned guns in this country. You don't seriously believe even a majority of these owners would just meekly turn them all over to government just because Congress abused its authority, violated the Constitution and stripped them of their rights, do you? So in order to enforce this law, it would eventually require government to kick in the doors of otherwise law-abiding citizens and forcibly take their guns. In which case, it would only prove the founders were justified in fearing government and totally prove their point that all governments have the potential to turn on its own citizens. Which is why the right to bear arms was one of the rights in our Constitution in the first place! LOL

The terms by which Americans have consented to be governed is a CONTRACT by which those doing the governing MUST abide by -with the Supreme Court charged with the duty, authority and power of insuring IT DOES. No branch of government has the authority to alter the Constitution and therefore Congress has NO authority to pass any law that strips Americans of this right. This isn't a right that was "given" by Congress but a right Americans CLAIMED for themselves. Something you apparently just cannot grasp. But in this country, ultimate power is supposed to lie with the PEOPLE -not those doing the governing. WE have the right to decide who will govern and the right to replace those who govern with others of our choice, the right to decide what laws we will be governed by, the right to peacefully remove those who passed laws we disagree with and put in others who will revoke those unwanted laws. The day that is no longer true is the day Americans have the right to take down the existing government and replace it with another -even if they must use violence to do it. Even our military takes an oath to support and defend our CONSTITUTION and our country. But no oath to defend our government. All because no one has a right to govern, no one has a right to rule over others and no one has the right to strip others of their rights just because they personally have no use for that right.

Government is NOT our master and this country already waged a war once about that. But apparently you think government should be the master because you have this weird belief that government -which is just run by other people -always knows far better what is in people's best interests over their own judgment. Sucks to be you then, huh.

Are you under some misguided belief that the US is the largest legal arms exporter, legally selling arms primarily to militaries of our allies - only because Americans have the right to bear arms? ROFLMAO Oh sure. Must explain why among the top 18 legal arms exporting nations of the world -only 4 are nations whose citizens have a right to bear arms and those other 3 are way down the list. The fact that most arms exporters are nations whose citizens cannot own guns gives lie to that one. So what's your next tactic going to be? Insisting that there is this "massive" flow of US guns into Mexico and claim that 90% of all the guns used in criminal activities in Mexico came from the US -even though that is also a proven lie?

The answer is no.....

Swimming pools, hell. Do you know how many kids drown in mop buckets? Where's the legislation to regulate the ownership and usage of THOSE deadly weapons?

Forum List

Back