GUNS must GO

"...I almost brought this point up, but didn't want to sound like a back-woods hick. lol. I do most of my shopping in town ,and get most of our food at the grocery store. I, however, refuse to buy fish from the store, because 1. I enjoy fishing, and 2. Why pay for it when I can catch it for free. I also can feed my family for several sittings (throughout the year) by killing a couple of deer per year, and usually a few wild hogs). I'm not a gung-ho "natural-food" guy, but can see the benefits when food prices soar."

Brian,

You should ask God to forgive you my son. Lies are evil and violate the Commandments.

"...I almost brought this point up, but didn't want to sound like a back-woods hick. lol. I do most of my shopping in town ,and get most of our food at the grocery store. I, however, refuse to buy fish from the store, because 1. I enjoy fishing, and 2. Why pay for it when I can catch it for free. I also can feed my family for several sittings (throughout the year) by killing a couple of deer per year, and usually a few wild hogs). I'm not a gung-ho "natural-food" guy, but can see the benefits when food prices soar."

Brian,

You should ask God to forgive you my son. Lies are evil and violate the Commandments.

Do you try to sound stupid?? Cuzz its working....

Brian,

Do you try to sound stupid?? Cuzz its working....

That is what is so enjoyable about Yukon.

He isn't trying. He just does it.

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 Million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
---- ------------- -------------

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century after gun control was established: 56 million.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own Government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

List of 7 items:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent.

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent.

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort, and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WWII , one reason the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.
SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN! SWITZERLAND 'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE.
SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!
IT'S A NO BRAINER! DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.

I'm a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment!
If you are too, please forward.

Only a moron could possibly believe that gun control isn't required in the USA.

Only a moron could possibly believe that gun control isn't required in the USA.

Why yes you're right we do need some gun control here.

For instance we need to try to make sure that crazies and criminals cannot acquire guns, and there are people who we probably shouldn't give concealed carry to.

That qualifies as gun control and I think we all ready have that here (don't know the laws so don't quote me on that).

Total gun bans are not needed though.

Brian,

???? I'm not lying.

Raceright: All those examples of gun control are a little deceptive. Stalin used violence to overthrow the Tsar. The Tsar used violence to suppress the peasants. And firearms were neither here nor there, in fact, what if the Tsar banned guns? No Communism? I don't think it's that easy, either way. The examples you use refer to an abuse of power. It seems that people with guns are paranoid. Paranoid of other people WITH guns. I don't have a gun, I am afraid of all the violent thugs with them and all you wise and wonderful folks that are so thoughtful as to help them in your paranoid obsession with a piece of metal. Perhaps you should be a little more concerned with flesh and blood?

It's time that Americans woke up, smelled the coffee and too their collective heads out of the sad. Be smart, be modern, wake up and REPEAL the 2ND AMENDMENT

The United States has by far the highest rate of gun deaths (murders, suicides and accidents) among the world's 36 richest nations!!

* 2,827 children and teens died as a result of gun violence in 2003 (more than the number of American fighting men killed in hostile action in Iraq from 2003 to April 2006)

Americans value their constitution and the U.S. Constitution's Second Amendment deals with the right to bear arms. Here is the price that ordinary Americans are paying for the privilege

* 8 children a day die in murders, suicides and accidents involving guns

* since John F. Kennedy was assinated more Americans have died from gunshot wounds at home than died in all the wars of the 20th century

* Osama bin Laden would need at least nine twin towers like attacks each year to equal what Americans do to themselves every year with guns.

* Murder rates in LA, NY and Chigago were approaching the hightest in the world (30 per 100,000) until moves were made in late 20th century to restrict access to guns to teenagers and the NRA wants these moves reversed.

If Osama bin Laden had had more sense, instead of launching a terrorist attack, he would simply have provided financial backing to the NRA!

Here is a real novel idea that I guess just didn't cross your mind Yukon: how about we punish the crime instead of the freedom, huh?

The fact that a tiny minority has always and will always abuse freedoms and commit crimes against society -is absolutely NO justification for depriving EVERYONE in society of any of their freedoms and rights. It doesn't save lives and it makes absolutely no one any "safer" in any way. So the real question is just who or what would REALLY benefit from such an act? But in spite of your naive and dangerous belief -it has never ONCE in any country been "we the people" who benefitted from forfeiting any of their rights and freedoms.

You people are paranoid. Do you check under your Trailer every night for commies, hippies, and Negros................

It's an insurance we hope we never have to use. It's like a fire extinguisher.

You buy it hoping you never have to use it but you know you may have to so you keep it.

Why are so many pro-gun advocates hopelessly clinging to a mirage of a "right" that's never, in this history of the USA, been approved by the federal courts, just so people can keep being murdered by firearms?

The American people are tired of gun violence. They're tired of dealing with it, and they're tired of half-baked solutions to end it. Banning the sale and possession of handguns will work. It's a definite step towards ending the violence that's killing thousands and thousands across the United States every year.

The United States is the number one exporter of small arms in the world, and while the gun lobby claims criminals won't listen to legislation, the gun industry will. Legislation is just what is needed and NOW !

Why are so many pro-gun advocates hopelessly clinging to a mirage of a "right" that's never, in this history of the USA, been approved by the federal courts, just so people can keep being murdered by firearms?

Because maybe in YOUR piece of shit country, rights are granted by federal courts, but that's not how it works in the US. We don't need ANY court to approve of our rights for us to have them. Possibly that's because WE have some stones.

The American people are tired of gun violence. They're tired of dealing with it, and they're tired of half-baked solutions to end it. Banning the sale and possession of handguns will work. It's a definite step towards ending the violence that's killing thousands and thousands across the United States every year.

You are going to speak to what the Amerian people think and feel? YOU?!

The United States is the number one exporter of small arms in the world, and while the gun lobby claims criminals won't listen to legislation, the gun industry will. Legislation is just what is needed and NOW !

Yeah, the solution to lawless people is to go after the law-abiding ones. Brilliant. Tell me, if you went to the doctor with appendicitis, would you insis the surgeon remove your kidney instead? That seems about your level of "logic".

No wonder they keep turning you back at the border.

Because maybe in YOUR piece of shit country, rights are granted by federal courts, but that's not how it works in the US. We don't need ANY court to approve of our rights for us to have them. Possibly that's because WE have some stones.

Not only that but the federal courts HAVE given us the right to guns when they threw out the D.C. handgun ban as unconstitutional.

So your premise that 'courts didn't grant us the rights therefore that's a good reason not to have them' is not only stupidly faulty but not even based on a true premise.

Banning the sale and possession of handguns will NOT work. It will ensure that law-abiding citizens won't own handguns...but for those who are comfortable circumventing the law, there will always be options.
Which would leave the criminals with guns and law-abiding citizens without...yeah, that sounds like a great idea...for the criminals.
Personally, I support laws that encourage the owners of firearms to be responsible-trigger locks, gun safes, permits for carrying in public contingent on passing a firearms course, etc. Background checks are certainly reasonable too.
But banning firearms isn't the answer.
We are a violent culture...as cliche as it might sound, it's not guns that are responsible...it's people.

Banning the sale and possession of handguns will NOT work. It will ensure that law-abiding citizens won't own handguns...but for those who are comfortable circumventing the law, there will always be options.
Which would leave the criminals with guns and law-abiding citizens without...yeah, that sounds like a great idea...for the criminals.
Personally, I support laws that encourage the owners of firearms to be responsible-trigger locks, gun safes, permits for carrying in public contingent on passing a firearms course, etc. Background checks are certainly reasonable too.
But banning firearms isn't the answer.
We are a violent culture...as cliche as it might sound, it's not guns that are responsible...it's people.

You will go far here grasshopper.

Forum List

Back