🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Had Trump run as a democrat, would he have garnered the same support?

Chatting with some friends (some of whom are staunch republicans) the above question arose.

Certainly, as some GOP candidates have claimed, Trump is a "New York values" type, and that may mean, as Cruz alleged, that he is somewhat of "liberal"; after all, Trump has claimed a penchant for universal health care, pro free choice for women, fair trade, etc.

So, the question arises: Would Trump have garnered the same level of support among right wing voters, or are these voters a bit dense in NOT fully understanding his (albeit, non-specific) stances and proposed policies?

He could easily have run as a Democrat, but with the super delegates, why would he? His stance on illegal immigration would have been his downfall as a Democrat though, there is no doubt about that. Still, just like the Republican party, the Democrats would have been split between Trump and Hillary, with Bernie a distant 3rd. You see, Democrats are NOT far left; only the far left is way out there. Democrats are usually blue collar workers, and they would have flocked to his message, just as they do now.

Only the republican party has a base dumb enough and bigoted enough to buy in to his message that preys on hate and fear.
His message isn't "hate and fear".

You are the dumb one.

Oh look who isn't paying attention. His entire campaign is built on fear.
No it isn't.

You just accept it because your mind is too feeble to question it.

Yes.

It is.

Sending people home does not "resemble" killing them.

NEVER implied that Trump would send "illegals" to a gas chamber......I'm referring to the rhetoric that our economic woes are due to the influx of immigrants from Central America.

We have his stated platform.

Trump was a far left liberal until a few months ago. Every time he was asked a political opinion before last year, he took the far left position. Universal health care, assault weapons ban, "very pro choice", impeach Bush, "Hillary Clinton would make a great President", "Bill Clinton was a great President."

He's a huckster, and Trump's Chumps are too stupid to catch on.

If he tried to ban assault rifles I hope the Republicans in congress will shoot it down.

There is no way he can appoint Justices that are more pro-choice than the ones HIllary would appoint.

Bush is out of office.

And if he wins, he is not going to give his job to Hillary.

We have his stated policies to go by, and they look very good for America.

As I said, before he decided to run for office Trump was far left. All of his positions were far left. Since he wasn't running for office, his positions were probably more truthful as to his actual political beliefs.

He's a huckster, and Trump's Chumps are fools for thinking the leopard has changed his spots.

Yes, you said it. DOesn't make it so.

A leftist wouldn't run on a platform of Border Security and deporting Illegals. NOr his nationalistic Trade POlicy.

Agreed. The immigration issue is not very important in USA, but did establish that "enough with the bullshit - time to call spade a spade". Which is probably the real reason why it resonates.

Actually, it "resonates" here for some, as it resonated for Germany in the 1920-30s.....Pick a scapegoat and blame all a nation's problems on that minority.

As Freud once stated....sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

SjQclIQ.jpg

Is that your way of admitting that your bizarre claim to see similarity between America and pre-nazi germany was wrong?

Immigration, legal and illegal IS causing real problems.

Oversupply of labor reduces demand and thus price, ie wages.

My face resembles that of Hitler, since it's a Human face. Therefore I am Hitler.

Regressive logic...

All the important facts about muslims are hid away by the regressively liberals and their rhetoric, is hiding uncomfortable facts a sign of xenophobia? Is giving them endless welfare benefits xenophobia? Is making it illegal to even release facts about them xenophobia (ala france)?

Welcome to reality, we missed you. Unfortunately regressives think anything less than burying your head in the ground and while getting f***ed at the same time is a sign of xenophobia.

Again, if you closely listen to Trump's demagoguery you too would see that the LOUDEST cheers are evoked when he speaks of sending 12 million people back...and when he speaks about building a "beautiful big wall"....and THAT, my friend, is catering to xenophobia.

So you need evidence Trump was a far left liberal until last year, eh? Okie doke!

In 2008, Donald Trump said George W. Bush should’ve been impeached

TRUMP: When [Pelosi] first got in and was named speaker, I met her. And I'm very impressed by her. I think she's a very impressive person, I like her a lot. But I was surprised that she didn't do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush . It just seemed like she was really going to look to impeach Bush and get him out of office. Which personally I think would have been a wonderful thing.

BLITZER: To impeach him?

TRUMP: For the war. For the war! Well, he lied! He got us into the war with lies!

What was it Democrats said? Oh, yeah. "Bush lied, people died". There's Trump saying the exact same thing, and calling for Bush's impeachment.

On Hillary Clinton:

"I know Hillary, and I think she’d make a great president or vice-president."

On both Clintons:

"Hillary is smart, tough and a very nice person, so is her husband. Bill Clinton was a great president. They are fine people."

On abortion:

On socialized medicine:

"I’m a conservative on most issues but a liberal on health. It is an unacceptable but accurate fact that the number of uninsured Americans has risen to 42 million. Working out detailed plans will take time. But the goal should be clear: Our people are our greatest asset. We must take care of our own. We must have universal healthcare."

Trump 2007:

"Well, I think Bush is probably the worst president in the history of the United States, and I just don't understand how they could have lost that election."

"The rest of the world hates us."

And for all of you who vilify Obama for demobilizing in Iraq and causing the creation of ISIS:

BLITZER: How does the United States get out of this situation?

TRUMP: You know they get out? They get out! That's how they get out. Declare victory, and leave. Because I'll tell you, this county is just going to get further bogged down. They're in a civil war over there, Wolf. There's nothing that we're going to be able to do with a civil war. They are in a major civil war. And it's gonna go to Iran, and its gonna go to other countries. They are in the midst of a major civil war. By the way, we're keeping the lid on a little bit, but the day we leave anyway, its all gonna blow up. And Saddam Hussein will be a nice person compared to the man (and it will be man, it will not be a woman. That we understand. People will say, "Oh gee, you didn't give the women a chance. It will be a man.) compared to the person who takes over for Saddam Hussein. He will be considered a nice person. This guy will be the meanest, the worst guy. And he will have one thing, one thing. He will hate America, and he will use it to flame.

For those of you who insist there were WMDs in Iraq:

BLITZER: What do you think of some of these scandals that are unfolding in Washington right now as we speak? The Attorney General is under fire, Alberto Gonzalez. What do you make of this as an executive trying to watch an Administration?

TRUMP: Look. Everything in Washington has been a lie. Weapons of mass destruction, was a total lie! It was a way of attacking Iraq, which he thought was going to be easy, and it turned out to be the exact opposite of easy. "He reads 60 books a year. He reads a book a week." Do you think the President reads a book a week? I don't think so. "He doesn't watch television." Now one thing I know, when I'm on television, I watch. Or I try. Because you do! Your own ego says you know, let's watch. Whether its good or bad, you watch, right? "He doesn't watch television". Does anybody really believe that? Now they're doing this whole scandal with US Attorneys. Now they're finding emails. It's proven to be a lie. Everything's a lie. It's all a big lie.

BLITZER: So what's gonna happen?

TRUMP: Well, it depends if the Democrats get their act together, they're going to have a big victory in a couple years.

Donald Trump in 2000: “I Support the Ban on Assault Weapons”

1) Trump believed Hillary Clinton will make a great President.

2) Trump believed Bill Clinton was a great President.

3) Trump believed Bush was the worst President in the history of the US. He believed Bush deliberately lied about WMDs to get us into a war with Iraq.

4) Trump believed there were no WMDs in Iraq.

5) Trump believed the US should cut and run from Iraq.

6) Trump believed Bush should be impeached for lying to get us into the war.

7) Trump was "very pro-choice".

8) Pro socialized medicine.

9) Pro big government.

10) Big contributor to, and supporter of, the Clintons.

11) Supports Assault Weapons Ban.

So you need evidence Trump was a far left liberal until last year, eh? Okie doke!

TRUMP: When [Pelosi] first got in and was named speaker, I met her. And I'm very impressed by her. I think she's a very impressive person, I like her a lot. But I was surprised that she didn't do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush . It just seemed like she was really going to look to impeach Bush and get him out of office. Which personally I think would have been a wonderful thing.

TRUMP: For the war. For the war! Well, he lied! He got us into the war with lies!

What was it Democrats said? Oh, yeah. "Bush lied, people died". There's Trump saying the exact same thing, and calling for Bush's impeachment.

On Hillary Clinton:

On both Clintons:

"Hillary is smart, tough and a very nice person, so is her husband. Bill Clinton was a great president. They are fine people."

On abortion:

On socialized medicine:

"I’m a conservative on most issues but a liberal on health. It is an unacceptable but accurate fact that the number of uninsured Americans has risen to 42 million. Working out detailed plans will take time. But the goal should be clear: Our people are our greatest asset. We must take care of our own. We must have universal healthcare."

Trump 2007:

"Well, I think Bush is probably the worst president in the history of the United States, and I just don't understand how they could have lost that election."

And for all of you who vilify Obama for demobilizing in Iraq and causing the creation of ISIS:

TRUMP: You know they get out? They get out! That's how they get out. Declare victory, and leave. Because I'll tell you, this county is just going to get further bogged down. They're in a civil war over there, Wolf. There's nothing that we're going to be able to do with a civil war. They are in a major civil war. And it's gonna go to Iran, and its gonna go to other countries. They are in the midst of a major civil war. By the way, we're keeping the lid on a little bit, but the day we leave anyway, its all gonna blow up. And Saddam Hussein will be a nice person compared to the man (and it will be man, it will not be a woman. That we understand. People will say, "Oh gee, you didn't give the women a chance. It will be a man.) compared to the person who takes over for Saddam Hussein. He will be considered a nice person. This guy will be the meanest, the worst guy. And he will have one thing, one thing. He will hate America, and he will use it to flame.

BLITZER: What do you think of some of these scandals that are unfolding in Washington right now as we speak? The Attorney General is under fire, Alberto Gonzalez. What do you make of this as an executive trying to watch an Administration?

TRUMP: Look. Everything in Washington has been a lie. Weapons of mass destruction, was a total lie! It was a way of attacking Iraq, which he thought was going to be easy, and it turned out to be the exact opposite of easy. "He reads 60 books a year. He reads a book a week." Do you think the President reads a book a week? I don't think so. "He doesn't watch television." Now one thing I know, when I'm on television, I watch. Or I try. Because you do! Your own ego says you know, let's watch. Whether its good or bad, you watch, right? "He doesn't watch television". Does anybody really believe that? Now they're doing this whole scandal with US Attorneys. Now they're finding emails. It's proven to be a lie. Everything's a lie. It's all a big lie.

TRUMP: Well, it depends if the Democrats get their act together, they're going to have a big victory in a couple years.

3) Trump believed Bush was the worst President in the history of the US. He believed Bush deliberately lied about WMDs to get us into a war with Iraq.

9) Pro big government.

</THREAD>

So, as I said, Donald Trump should have run as a Democrat. As I said, he always took the far left position when asked his beliefs.

He's a huckster, telling the rubes what they want to hear.

Trump's Chumps.

My face resembles that of Hitler, since it's a Human face. Therefore I am Hitler.

Regressive logic...

No, that's INANE "logic" (but I can't blame you for avoiding logic at all costs)....

Did Hitler gain popularity by bashing Jews and Gypsies for Germany's economic problems? YES or NO???

Did Obama gain popularity by bashing republicans?

Wow... Politicians bash groups... and anti-PC candidates bash groups even more. Are you saying that bashing groups (more accurately admitting facts about certain groups) automatically makes you a Hitler?

I am saying, your logic makes you a retard.

Sending people home does not "resemble" killing them.

NEVER implied that Trump would send "illegals" to a gas chamber......I'm referring to the rhetoric that our economic woes are due to the influx of immigrants from Central America.

Yes, you did. YOu just were vague about it, hoping to smear him, without any one calling you on how utterly ridiculous your bullshit was.

Vile, dishonest propaganda, that is what you did.

So, as I said, Donald Trump should have run as a Democrat. As I said, he always took the far left position when asked his beliefs.

Trump's Chumps.

If he had run as a dem with the same stance on the issues, I would have been in an interesting position.

HIs stance on the issues of Immigration and Trade are almost exactly what I have been waiting for...

I really think he might have gotten me to cross party lines.

On Hillary Clinton:

On both Clintons:

On abortion:

On socialized medicine:

Trump 2007:

9) Pro big government.

And yet, his Platform, if enacted will be very much in US interests. That sort of argues against him being a leftists.

HIs support will be coming from people who will expect him to deliver on his promises. And he has to know that. It would be stupid of him to put himself in that position if he did not plan on delivering.

His legacy will be based on how well he accomplishes his agenda. If he completely fails to accomplish anything he said he will do, he will be remembered as a failure which would crush his brand.

Yes, you did. YOu just were vague about it, hoping to smear him, without any one calling you on how utterly ridiculous your bullshit was.

I really don't give a crap about how YOU choose to interpret what I wrote. I've long given up using historical facts and logic to convince right wing imbeciles.

I really don't give a crap about how YOU choose to interpret what I wrote. I've long given up using historical facts and logic to convince right wing imbeciles.

REally?

YOu really claim that you didn't expect a HITLER reference to carry implications of mass murder and genocide?

That is not credible.

I have my doubts that you never used logic or checked up any facts to begin with. Either way, it certainly ain't showing in this discussion. It's like claiming that Bernie is freaking Stalin. Although, he actually supports the policies that Stalin enacted, as well as the ideological system, so that argument might actually have some credibility.

This really is just the racist card put into yet a other form. The only weapon of the regressive liberals.

Trump's Chumps.

So is Hillary, I don' see much difference.

The Democrats set things up so that another undesirable peanut farmer could not get into their snobbish good old boys club.
Time has changed on that one though, now Carter is their darling, but not at the time when he was running. :)

Here's a bit of reality showing that Trump's "brain" is not at the level of his rhetoric. It does take a certain kind of "genius" to lose money in a bull market.

Trump Is "Loser" In 18 Of 21 Funds, But Individual Stock Picking Record Is "Exactly Perfect" | Zero Hedge

Donald Trump “has a good brain and he’s said a lot of things,” which is why he often “speaks with himself” when he needs advice.

Be that as it may, Trump has apparently chosen to give his “good brain” a well deserved break when it comes to investing the portion of his net worth that isn’t tied up real estate because according to FEC filings, he has some $121 million stashed away in nearly two dozen funds run by a variety of asset managers including John Paulson and BlackRock.

The problem: they’re performing horribly.

Eighteen out of 21 hedge funds and mutual funds in Trump's portfolio lost money in 2015, and 17 of them are down so far this year,” Reuters reports. “The funds managed by Paulson & Co, BlackRock Inc, Baron Capital and others lost an average of 8.5 percent last year and are down another 2.9 percent so far this year.”

REally?

YOu really claim that you didn't expect a HITLER reference to carry implications of mass murder and genocide?

That is not credible.

Yes, really.....I am comparing Trump's rhetoric to the German xenophobia of the 1920-30s. Just as simple as that....and add to that the real fact that Mussolini often used the slogan, "I will make Italy great again."

Here's a bit of reality showing that Trump's "brain" is not at the level of his rhetoric. It does take a certain kind of "genius" to lose money in a bull market.

Trump Is "Loser" In 18 Of 21 Funds, But Individual Stock Picking Record Is "Exactly Perfect" | Zero Hedge

Donald Trump “has a good brain and he’s said a lot of things,” which is why he often “speaks with himself” when he needs advice.

Be that as it may, Trump has apparently chosen to give his “good brain” a well deserved break when it comes to investing the portion of his net worth that isn’t tied up real estate because according to FEC filings, he has some $121 million stashed away in nearly two dozen funds run by a variety of asset managers including John Paulson and BlackRock.

The problem: they’re performing horribly.

Eighteen out of 21 hedge funds and mutual funds in Trump's portfolio lost money in 2015, and 17 of them are down so far this year,” Reuters reports. “The funds managed by Paulson & Co, BlackRock Inc, Baron Capital and others lost an average of 8.5 percent last year and are down another 2.9 percent so far this year.”

So, dropping the Hitler Card to focus on the Poor Stockbroker Card?

upload_2016-3-24_14-22-40.jpeg

Forum List

Back