🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Had Trump run as a democrat, would he have garnered the same support?

REally?

YOu really claim that you didn't expect a HITLER reference to carry implications of mass murder and genocide?

That is not credible.

Yes, really.....I am comparing Trump's rhetoric to the German xenophobia of the 1920-30s. Just as simple as that....and add to that the real fact that Mussolini often used the slogan, "I will make Italy great again."

Then you are a dishonest propagandist.

America today is not Germany 1920.

Illegal Immigrants are a real problem.

High levels of legal immigration is a real problem.

Americans will not support Mass Genocide. NOr we will Invade Canada.

Your vile Hitler references are completely uncalled for and you should be ashamed.

Your vile Hitler references are completely uncalled for and you should be ashamed.

Again. I do NOT give a crap whether you believe the reference or not....Facts are an anathema for brain-washed zealots.

We have his stated platform.

Trump was a far left liberal until a few months ago. Every time he was asked a political opinion before last year, he took the far left position. Universal health care, assault weapons ban, "very pro choice", impeach Bush, "Hillary Clinton would make a great President", "Bill Clinton was a great President."

He's a huckster, and Trump's Chumps are too stupid to catch on.

If he tried to ban assault rifles I hope the Republicans in congress will shoot it down.

There is no way he can appoint Justices that are more pro-choice than the ones HIllary would appoint.

Bush is out of office.

And if he wins, he is not going to give his job to Hillary.

We have his stated policies to go by, and they look very good for America.
And you have no way of knowing what he says now or one year ago is what he really believes. Yet, you vote for him anyway. BTW, I have video of how you can make money flipping real estate without risking a dime of your money, and the video is an absolute steal at the low price of $50.

He could easily have run as a Democrat, but with the super delegates, why would he? His stance on illegal immigration would have been his downfall as a Democrat though, there is no doubt about that. Still, just like the Republican party, the Democrats would have been split between Trump and Hillary, with Bernie a distant 3rd. You see, Democrats are NOT far left; only the far left is way out there. Democrats are usually blue collar workers, and they would have flocked to his message, just as they do now.

Only the republican party has a base dumb enough and bigoted enough to buy in to his message that preys on hate and fear.
His message isn't "hate and fear".

You are the dumb one.

Oh look who isn't paying attention. His entire campaign is built on fear.
No it isn't.

You just accept it because your mind is too feeble to question it.

Yes.

It is.
Well then quit smoking so much dope if it bothers you. If not, carry on in a stupor.

Chatting with some friends (some of whom are staunch republicans) the above question arose.

Certainly, as some GOP candidates have claimed, Trump is a "New York values" type, and that may mean, as Cruz alleged, that he is somewhat of "liberal"; after all, Trump has claimed a penchant for universal health care, pro free choice for women, fair trade, etc.

So, the question arises: Would Trump have garnered the same level of support among right wing voters, or are these voters a bit dense in NOT fully understanding his (albeit, non-specific) stances and proposed policies?

He could easily have run as a Democrat, but with the super delegates, why would he? His stance on illegal immigration would have been his downfall as a Democrat though, there is no doubt about that. Still, just like the Republican party, the Democrats would have been split between Trump and Hillary, with Bernie a distant 3rd. You see, Democrats are NOT far left; only the far left is way out there. Democrats are usually blue collar workers, and they would have flocked to his message, just as they do now.

Only the republican party has a base dumb enough and bigoted enough to buy in to his message that preys on hate and fear.

I think hate and fear are noble feelings. Do we not hate bigots? Do we not hate child molesters? It seems that we have to have some hate just to make any kind of moral division. Children say I hate peas. Does that make your child evil?

Well if Trump were a Dem you can bet your ass he'd win the nomination and Dems would vote for him. Reps would as well.

Trump's support, what he is about often times is bashing minority groups. Other than abortion (assuming he didn't change his position) and healthcare (again, he has changed his position) and that at least at one time he had no problem with the rich paying their share of taxes though he certainly wasn't an advocate of the middle class or poor.

Anger at the establishment is OK, anger at fellow Americans and ethnic groups abroad do not have a lot of sway within the Democratic party. Populism can work but I see two different brands coming from the right and left.

The so called anger at minorities you are talking about is actually just presenting a statistic to a regressive liberal that they don't wish to see. The regressive bubble is over, deal with it. This shit won't fly.

What statistic? The bogus one that Trump tweeted about crime statistics? Or claiming that illegal immigrants are drug dealers and murderers?

Trump's support, what he is about often times is bashing minority groups. Other than abortion (assuming he didn't change his position) and healthcare (again, he has changed his position) and that at least at one time he had no problem with the rich paying their share of taxes though he certainly wasn't an advocate of the middle class or poor.

Anger at the establishment is OK, anger at fellow Americans and ethnic groups abroad do not have a lot of sway within the Democratic party. Populism can work but I see two different brands coming from the right and left.

The so called anger at minorities you are talking about is actually just presenting a statistic to a regressive liberal that they don't wish to see. The regressive bubble is over, deal with it. This shit won't fly.

What statistic? The bogus one that Trump tweeted about crime statistics? Or claiming that illegal immigrants are drug dealers and murderers?

Like the one that black people are 8x more likely to be criminal than white people. Or that 60 % of prison population in France is muslim. Or any sort of rape statistics regarding Islam.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these regressives even knew a single statistic, given that the whole concept so completely and always escapes them. After all, everyone is supposed to be the same so wtf are statistics for?

Last edited:
Well if Trump were a Dem you can bet your ass he'd win the nomination and Dems would vote for him. Reps would as well.

Based on what Trump has (and is) spewing, and had he run as a democrat, he would have been out of the race after New Hampshire.

Like the one that black people are 8x more likely to be criminal than white people. Or that 60 % of prison population in France is muslim. Or any sort of rape statistics regarding Islam.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these regressives even knew a single statistic, given that the whole concept so completely and always escapes them. After all, everyone is supposed to be the same so wtf are statistics for?

I see, this has nothing to do with Trump or what he has said and not said, you just don't like anybody who is not white. Carry on.

I see, this has nothing to do with Trump or what he has said and not said, you just don't like anybody who is not white. Carry on.

This is exactly what Trump is about. You yourself referenced those statistics that he spread. Try to keep on track.

Ah, the racist card Lulz...

This is exactly what Trump is about. You yourself referenced those statistics that he spread. Try to keep on track.

Ah, the racist card Lulz...

I referenced this:
CUcfY6mWwAAx6b7.jpg

You're pretty lazy for a white boy.

CeSI7TIW4AApKS0.jpg

Trump tweeted that recently, comparing his wife to that of one of his rivals, doesn't work in Democratic politics.
Which is why Hillary is running a campaign pledging to kick white America to the back of the bus to appease the vast amount of bigots in the Democrat party....

Again. I do NOT give a crap whether you believe the reference or not....Facts are an anathema for brain-washed zealots.

The "fact" is only a "brainwashed partisan zealot" could use the Hitler Card as you have done and claim to NOT be trying to smear someone with Hitler's actions.

I believe that you don't care what I believe. You have obviously dehumanized everyone who doesn't agree with you, to the point that you can lie to and about them without any hint of shame.

Ironically such dehumanization IS a real step towards oppression and atrocity, but you obviously have no capability for honest self examination so you probably can't hear me at all by this point.

We have his stated platform.

Trump was a far left liberal until a few months ago. Every time he was asked a political opinion before last year, he took the far left position. Universal health care, assault weapons ban, "very pro choice", impeach Bush, "Hillary Clinton would make a great President", "Bill Clinton was a great President."

He's a huckster, and Trump's Chumps are too stupid to catch on.

If he tried to ban assault rifles I hope the Republicans in congress will shoot it down.

There is no way he can appoint Justices that are more pro-choice than the ones HIllary would appoint.

Bush is out of office.

And if he wins, he is not going to give his job to Hillary.

We have his stated policies to go by, and they look very good for America.
And you have no way of knowing what he says now or one year ago is what he really believes. Yet, you vote for him anyway. BTW, I have video of how you can make money flipping real estate without risking a dime of your money, and the video is an absolute steal at the low price of $50.

YOu raise a valid point. ON the other hand, the rest of the candidates are worse.

CeSI7TIW4AApKS0.jpg

Trump tweeted that recently, comparing his wife to that of one of his rivals, doesn't work in Democratic politics.
Which is why Hillary is running a campaign pledging to kick white America to the back of the bus to appease the vast amount of bigots in the Democrat party....

Big surprise, another lie.

CeSI7TIW4AApKS0.jpg

That anti-white discrimination that will come with a Hillary Supreme Court appointment is no lie.

Consider how narrowly Disparate Impact was defeated the last time it reared it's vile head.

CeSI7TIW4AApKS0.jpg

More like an inconvenient, devastating truth.

Forum List

Back