Half-term ex-governor Sarah Palin compares herself to Margaret Thatcher

Sarah Palin thinks she’s Margaret Thatcher

For the former Alaska governor, describing the former prime minister is like looking in a mirror

Here’s how a former half-term governor described Margaret Thatcher in National Review today. Sound familiar?
She was at heart a populist taking on the Conservative party’s old guard, who disdainfully referred to her as “That Woman.” The disdain was mutual. She referred to them as “the not so grand grandees.” As Thatcher later said, “It didn’t matter what they called me as long as I got the job done. I mean, to me they were ‘Those Grandees.’ They just don’t know what life is like. They haven’t been through it. And eventually if they didn’t help our cause, they had to go. But it didn’t bother me too much that they were patronizing like that. Frankly, the people, who are the true gentlemen, deal with others for what they are, not who their father was. Let’s face it: Maybe it took ‘That Woman’ to get things done, and the real reason why they said it was because they knew they just hadn’t got it within them to see things through.”
As she continues:
In taking on the “Those Grandees,” she wasn’t afraid of having strong opinions and fighting for them — something the establishment often found distasteful. British ambassador Sir Anthony Parsons recalled a conversation about this: “She said, ‘You know, Tony, I’m very proud that I don’t belong to your class.’ I said, ‘Prime Minister, what class do you think I belong to?’ She said, ‘I’m talking of course about upper-middle-class intellectuals who see everybody else’s point of view and have none of their own.’” And, of course, like all conservatives and trailblazers, she had to endure more than her share of vicious media attacks. Sir Archie Hamilton once recounted how he asked Thatcher whether she read the daily newspapers. “‘Oh no!’ she replied, ‘They make such hurtful and damaging remarks about me and my family, that if I ever read the papers every day, I could never get on with the job I am here to do.’” I know exactly what she meant. And as she said, “I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.”
Et, as they say, cetera.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

maggie thought Palin was a nutter

no, Maggie thought the people who hated on her was the same palin has had to deal with..

just look in a mirror a lot YOU will she who she is talking ABOUT

. . . Just because they hold some liberal views (and I do too by the way) does not mean I won't vote for them.

Many reactionaries are like the above, who will vote for certain position they consider "liberal", but will condemn others for doing as well.

Hypocrisy of the rankest sort.

Coulter Swipes At Palin By Recalling The Time Thatcher Offered To Teach Her To ?Speak Proper English? | Mediaite...
19 hours ago – No Sarah Palin, you cannot be the keynote speaker to honor Margaret Thatcher. Margaret didn't want to see you when she was alive. Get the ...
Margaret Thatcher 'wanted to teach Sarah Palin to speak English ...

Home | Mail Online...
21 hours ago – Though former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher stayed out of the .... View all. I doubt Barones Thatcher even know who Sarah Palin was and ...

These same here HATED Margaret Thatcher because she stood with Reagan..but they sure don't mind using her today IN HER DEATH

nothing new for haters to dance on her grave too

Nor nothing new like you, Stephanie, who would not vote for them today. They are too liberal for the weird reactionaries today.

Yurt, please give me a link in which you claim I said Nelson Mandela was a terrorist. I thought you were the one claiming that. You don't believe that anymore?

That's almost as bad as the times Obama compared himself to Lincon, MLK, and Gandhi.

That's almost as bad as the times Obama compared himself to Lincon, MLK, and Gandhi.

Don't forget FDR, Kennedy and Nixon

but I guess that is all aok with SALON and the hateful who read their garbage

For the former Alaska governor, describing the former prime minister is like looking in a mirror

Here’s how a former half-term governor described Margaret Thatcher in National Review today. Sound familiar?
She was at heart a populist taking on the Conservative party’s old guard, who disdainfully referred to her as “That Woman.” The disdain was mutual. She referred to them as “the not so grand grandees.” As Thatcher later said, “It didn’t matter what they called me as long as I got the job done. I mean, to me they were ‘Those Grandees.’ They just don’t know what life is like. They haven’t been through it. And eventually if they didn’t help our cause, they had to go. But it didn’t bother me too much that they were patronizing like that. Frankly, the people, who are the true gentlemen, deal with others for what they are, not who their father was. Let’s face it: Maybe it took ‘That Woman’ to get things done, and the real reason why they said it was because they knew they just hadn’t got it within them to see things through.”
As she continues:
In taking on the “Those Grandees,” she wasn’t afraid of having strong opinions and fighting for them — something the establishment often found distasteful. British ambassador Sir Anthony Parsons recalled a conversation about this: “She said, ‘You know, Tony, I’m very proud that I don’t belong to your class.’ I said, ‘Prime Minister, what class do you think I belong to?’ She said, ‘I’m talking of course about upper-middle-class intellectuals who see everybody else’s point of view and have none of their own.’” And, of course, like all conservatives and trailblazers, she had to endure more than her share of vicious media attacks. Sir Archie Hamilton once recounted how he asked Thatcher whether she read the daily newspapers. “‘Oh no!’ she replied, ‘They make such hurtful and damaging remarks about me and my family, that if I ever read the papers every day, I could never get on with the job I am here to do.’” I know exactly what she meant. And as she said, “I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.”
Et, as they say, cetera.

Remember when sarah the inbred wassila hillbilly wanted to Visit Thatcher?

Margaret Thatcher Refuses to Meet with Sarah Palin Because She’s “Nuts”

Margaret Thatcher Refuses to Meet with Sarah Palin Because She?s ?Nuts? | Alternet

As she continues:
Et, as they say, cetera.

Remember when sarah the inbred wassila hillbilly wanted to Visit Thatcher?

Margaret Thatcher Refuses to Meet with Sarah Palin Because She’s “Nuts”

Margaret Thatcher Refuses to Meet with Sarah Palin Because She?s ?Nuts? | Alternet

Last edited by a moderator:
poor troll jake doesn't realize he just pwned himself again

by asking me for a link

LOL

considering he NEVER EVER gives one when other people ask him for one

what a fucking loser

Forum List

Back