Handguns vs. AR-15s

I didn't say any of that, you infered
Excuse you. Let's recap.
To do what works best in politics, pull on the emotive strings as hard as possible to turn public opinion
So, just appeal to emotion. Nothing rational about disliking large holes in children. Just a bunch of hysterical hens, pecking at the ground.

Me: "You say pointing out that rifle rounds make larger holes in children and are more deadly is nothing but appeal to emotion"

You:
I didn't say any of that, you infered.
Wasn't much of a leap. Not even a baby step.

Excuse you. Let's recap.

So, just appeal to emotion. Nothing rational about disliking large holes in children. Just a bunch of hysterical hens, pecking at the ground.

Me: "You say pointing out that rifle rounds make larger holes in children and are more deadly is nothing but appeal to emotion"

You:

Wasn't much of a leap. Not even a baby step.
Obviously you can't see past your own emotive reaction to this situation so trying to have a rational discussion with you is impossible.
Like my mom used to tell me when I was doing the same: "You're so full of shit your eyes are brown".

I didn't say any of that, you infered. I simply made a factual statement about how the emotive is the primary tool in politics. I also never said it was only one party that uses the emotive, in fact the emotive approach makes up at least 80% of all politics.
Fort Fun Indiana is a liar... maybe the most dishonest scumbag here....

The survival rate from handgun wounds is much higher than the survival rate of AR-15 wounds.

Simple fact.

Then why does NYC make me wait 3-6 months and pay $500 for a revolver home permit while I can get a rifle much easier?

Well, that's comforting. Shall I call the families of the people killed by the repeated appearance of AR15s in the hands of nutters at mass murders, and assure them they actually got lucky?

I mean, they could have used HANDGUNS

*shiver*
No, but you shall cry and shit your pants, because your appeals to emotion are completely useless on us.

Really? You are actually this dense?
Fuck you, turd.

You made three successive posts, without the benefit of a response from anyone. Perhaps you think talking to yourself is normal. I don't. I think it's kind of weird. It's also sometimes indicative of a degree of mental deficiency.

If your point was the illustrate the level of damage between a 9mm handgun and an AR-15, I would have to say that you're not really breaking any news here.

The wounds left by an AR-15 are nothing short of horrific. Ever see the arm of the guy Kyle Rittenhouse shot?

Comparing the wounds from an AR-15 and a 9mm handgun is like comparing a Ferrari to a Yugo.

And I think pretty much everyone knows that...

Fuck you, turd.

You made three successive posts, without the benefit of a response from anyone. Perhaps you think talking to yourself is normal. I don't. I think it's kind of weird. It's also sometimes indicative of a degree of mental deficiency.

If your point was the illustrate the level of damage between a 9mm handgun and an AR-15, I would have to say that you're not really breaking any news here.

The wounds left by an AR-15 are nothing short of horrific. Ever see the arm of the guy Kyle Rittenhouse shot?

Comparing the wounds from an AR-15 and a 9mm handgun is like comparing a Ferrari to a Yugo.

...and what is the fucking point?

There are voices saying maybe it is time to show the photos of the dead kids who are killed by mass shooters so the public can see just how horrific AR-15s are. Example: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/06/01/uvalde-mass-shootings-graphic-images/

This was very effective when Emmett Till's mother insisted her son's funeral be an open casket and that his body be shown in the papers so everyone could see what the racist assholes who murdered him had done. The photo of Till's body shocked the public and sentiment began turning against the segregationist South.

I have mixed feelings about showing the bodies of these small children. At the very least, it would have to be done with the permission of the parents.

But I think it would be helpful for the public to understand just how horrific these so-called "weapons of war" really are.

Routine handgun injuries leave entry and exit wounds and linear tracks through the victim’s body that are roughly the size of the bullet. If the bullet does not directly hit something crucial like the heart or the aorta, and the victim does not bleed to death before being transported to our care at the trauma center, chances are that we can save him. The bullets fired by an AR-15 are different: They travel at a higher velocity and are far more lethal than routine bullets fired from a handgun. The damage they cause is a function of the energy they impart as they pass through the body. A typical AR-15 bullet leaves the barrel traveling almost three times faster than—and imparting more than three times the energy of—a typical 9mm bullet from a handgun. An AR-15 rifle outfitted with a magazine with 50 rounds allows many more lethal bullets to be delivered quickly without reloading.

I have seen a handful of AR-15 injuries in my career. Years ago I saw one from a man shot in the back by a swat team. The injury along the path of the bullet from an AR-15 is vastly different from a low-velocity handgun injury. The bullet from an AR-15 passes through the body like a cigarette boat traveling at maximum speed through a tiny canal. The tissue next to the bullet is elastic—moving away from the bullet like waves of water displaced by the boat—and then returns and settles back. This process is called cavitation; it leaves the displaced tissue damaged or killed. The high-velocity bullet causes a swath of tissue damage that extends several inches from its path. It does not have to actually hit an artery to damage it and cause catastrophic bleeding. Exit wounds can be the size of an orange.

With an AR-15, the shooter does not have to be particularly accurate. The victim does not have to be unlucky. If a victim takes a direct hit to the liver from an AR-15, the damage is far graver than that of a simple handgun-shot injury. Handgun injuries to the liver are generally survivable unless the bullet hits the main blood supply to the liver. An AR-15 bullet wound to the middle of the liver would cause so much bleeding that the patient would likely never make it to the trauma center to receive our care.

Dark jungle people and third worlders have been shredding each other in the hoods and barrios with 7.62 AK-47’s for decades and yet you racist negro haters never said shit….Now that core American rednecks have made the AR-15 cool you’re suddenly worried about ballistics…and we should take you dumbfucks serious why?

Fort Fun Indiana

Fuck you, turd.

You realize you can just put different types of bullets into your 9mm right? Aw hell...whatever

Well, that's comforting. Shall I call the families of the people killed by the repeated appearance of AR15s in the hands of nutters at mass murders, and assure them they actually got lucky?

I mean, they could have used HANDGUNS

*shiver*
Or, perhaps you could tell them that, if liberals weren't pussies, that more people would be armed and in a position to stop an active shooter.

Or, with you, it's probably far more likely that you'll try to convince them that it's better that their loved ones were victims...

Dark jungle people and third worlders have been shredding each other in the hoods and barrios with 7.62 AK-47’s for decades and yet you racist negro haters never said shit….Now that core American rednecks have made the AR-15 cool you’re suddenly worried about ballistics…and we should take you dumbfucks serious why?

Fort Fun Indiana
The 7.62x39 is the quintessential cop killer because anything but level 4 body armor won't stop it. You should see the damage that cartridge does compared to a 5.56.

Forum List

Back