Happy 90th Birthday George HW Bush..

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Great man and great president. I hear he is going to do his annual sky dive again today

Best wishes to the former President.

May he enjoy more years of good health.

I like him when he was President but not as much as I liked his son when he was President.

Happy 90th birthday Mr. President! To sky dive at 90 is something else. I'll bet that after his dive, he'll plan for his next sky dive when he's 95.

Best wishes to the former President.

May he enjoy more years of good health.

Same from me; a good man, and a President that served his country in time of war. ( I may not like his son, but that does not lessen my respect for him.)

Yes. Happy birthday to good ol' George Sr., a true American hero who, along with other members of our country's "Greatest Generation," piloted a fighter plane in WWII, and despite having been shot down and left to float alone surrounded by sharks in the Pacific for days, managed to have both the grace of God and the intestinal fortitude to survive the nightmare.

God bless that man. I love him, and I would gladly die for him.

Yes. Happy birthday to good ol' George Sr., a true American hero who, along with other members of our country's "Greatest Generation," piloted a fighter plane in WWII, and despite having been shot down and left to float alone surrounded by sharks in the Pacific for days, managed to have both the grace of God and the intestinal fortitude to survive the nightmare.

Admirable sentiments, yes a strong and decent man, in politics, "trapped by the moment". (I did not understand how Clinton beat him in 1992, despite the fact I was a yellow dog Democrat at the time, he seemed so much better than Reagan.)

What a tough old bird. He made another parachute jump to celebrate his 90th.

Anyone concerned with BushI and his contribution to the current blood-letting in Syria and Iraq?

"With thousands of Arab and foreign fighters and a commander with designs on the leadership of al-Qaeda, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant has become the gravest threat to the region.

"Despite earning the fury of even the core al-Qaeda leadership for its methods, ISIL has expanded to control vast areas of Iraq and Syria as it seeks to establish a new Islamic caliphate.

"ISIL can trace its roots to Tawhid and Jihad, a Sunni group which rose against the US and Iraq after the fall of Saddam Hussein in 2003.

"Tawhid's leader, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a Jordanian, declared his allegiance to al-Qaeda in 2004, renamed his group al-Qaeda in Iraq and pushed a vicious campaign of suicide bombings and attacks on Iraqi and US targets."

ISIL: Rising power in Iraq and Syria - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Admirable sentiments, yes a strong and decent man, in politics, "trapped by the moment". (I did not understand how Clinton beat him in 1992, despite the fact I was a yellow dog Democrat at the time, he seemed so much better than Reagan.)

Clinton was able to beat him thanks to 3rd party candidate Ross Perot who took votes away from Bush. Perot was the deciding factor.

Clinton was able to beat him thanks to 3rd party candidate Ross Perot who took votes away from Bush. Perot was the deciding factor.

:thup: Yup.

And CNN was the only 24-hour news network back then, and it and the rest of the "mainstream" media were in the tank for Slick the minute he left the Arkansas chicken farm and threw his hat into the ring.

The L.A. Riots in the aftermath of the Rodney King verdict in late April '92 seriously crippled the war pilot's chances of having a second term in the White House; but Bush's rally to help those in Miami devastated by Hurricane Andrew brought him right back into the race with Slick.

And then Perot threw his hat into the ring, and it was at that precise moment in time a straight-up, stone-cold certified done deal for Slick.

Meanwhile, MTV stopped playing videos by hair bands, and assaulted us with Seattle grunge 24-7.

I blame Bill Clinton for the end of the hair bands.

It's a lot more fun to blame him than it is to blame Warrant. :badgrin:

Forum List

Back