Happy Women's Equality Day!

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Today marks the 93rd anniversary of the 19th Amendment, which granted women the right to vote.

But, women still are not equal.

1148777_10151627185341275_783892639_n.jpg

I have always felt equal, in every way. Nothing has ever held me back, because I am a female. Nothing at all. I have been determined to succeed and worked hard at doing so.

I can vouch for AquaAthena, not only is she absolutely amazing (and other great stuff) but she doesn't even need me to vouch for her...:thup:

I have always felt equal, in every way. Nothing has ever held me back, because I am a female. Nothing at all. I have been determined to succeed and worked hard at doing so.

I can vouch for AquaAthena, not only is she absolutely amazing (and other great stuff) but she doesn't even need me to vouch for her...:thup:

:lmao:

To compete in a man's world, one needs to be smart, competent and willing to work hard. If one needs more experience to be on top of anyone who would hold her back, one must be determined and clever and go get than experience or education. WE ARE THE POWER!!! Some women just need to know how and when to use it....:thup:

Women have all the power really. Most men are weak before them... In this country anyway

Only if men allow themselves to be weak before them.

Basically though, women have taken over the workplace and society in the 'Christian' West, ...with men, especially White men, treated like pariahs.

Laws discriminating against White males and in favour of women [and 'cultural and religious minorities"]...are even being passed in parliament in Australia.

Last week, a new survey out showed that women expect men to pay for everything when going on dates. :lol:

If there were true equality men would be able to kill the babies they made as easily as a woman can.

:lmao:

To compete in a man's world, one needs to be smart, competent and willing to work hard. If one needs more experience to be on top of anyone who would hold her back, one must be determined and clever and go get than experience or education. WE ARE THE POWER!!! Some women just need to know how and when to use it....:thup:

Are you saying whining doesn't really work...many will be shocked, dismayed and outraged..:lol:

Women have all the power really. Most men are weak before them... In this country anyway

Last week, a new survey out showed that women expect men to pay for everything when going on dates. :lol:

Of course. We want them to feel they have "some" power left....:lol:

I like the kind of man, who wouldn't have it any other way though. He is the one that might make me want to see him again. I won't pick up a man's check unless I need to humiliate him....:lol:

I like the kind of man, who wouldn't have it any other way though. He is the one that might make me want to see him again. I won't pick up a man's check unless I need to humiliate him....:lol:

But you ate and drank half the dinner. :eusa_angel:

WOW....great stuff...:lol:

WOW....great stuff...:lol:

Speaking about 'great stuff'...there is a great movie about the 19th Amendment 'war of the roses'...the absolute bravery of Alice Paul, Lucy Burns and all the other suffragist ladies who stood at the White House gates in the cold, snow, rain, wind, abuse, arrest and tossing into the Occoquan workhouse prison in Virginia where thay were bashed and abused no end...as they protested and fought for the vote and womens' rights.

Every woman in America should get a copy, and teach their daughters and granddaughters about how the war for the vote and equality [well almost] was won.

Iron Jawed Angels

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fXpob-C5po]Iron Jawed Angels Part 3_12 - YouTube[/ame]

The parade thru Washington

Last edited:

You may have succeeded at getting into the board room.

Quick question.........................do you earn 100 cents on every dollar that the men in your boardroom make, or are you still stuck at earning between 65 cents to 85 cents that every dollar the men make at your level?

I'm guessing you earn less than them, because you haven't broken the glass ceiling, nor will you ever unless you women get together to demand equal pay.

I spent my whole adult life in the military, and if you were the same rank as me, you made the same pay.

Too bad the civilian world doesn't see it that way.

That's it. Besides, we're not equal, we're superior. We have more college degrees, better employment statistics, less drug and alcohol use, live longer everywhere, there are more women than there are men, and more of us vote. We are the default caretakers of children when the men bug out, same with elderly parents who need care. We are the ones who have homes and that is why men move in with us, not usually the other way around: they want someone who will provide them a home. Men can't usually make homes and end up in trailers or apartments or homeless. Women rarely end up homeless.

The thing about equality (like justice, like freedom) is that you can't hope someone will give it to you. They never will. And that wasn't how we got the vote. We got the vote by taking it, against the united might of men working against us.

Then we took a lot of other things. So good.

Women now outnubmer men in college, grad school and MIDDLE MANAGMENT of fortune 500 companies, too.

Offhand I'd say they've come a looooooooooooooooooooooooong way baby

Forum List

Back